Become a Patron!

Battery recommendation for Sigelei 100w

I've searched every where and cannot find the answer I'm looking for.
I just purchased a new sigelei 100w (non plus) and I'm looking for batteries for it. I've been using efest 2500mah 35a on my mech mods. This is my first box, so searching through forums I see the Samsung 25r's and the Sony vct5's are top dog for a mod like this. Problem is the sony's I've come across on trusted sites are sold out and I've read a few times that the sony's are no longer made. Is this true? Also feel free to tell me your battery recommendation. Thanks!

I'd go for the 25r's personally. They've handled everything I've thrown at them all the way down to .1 ohms without getting hot or anything. They're really great batteries.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Any vtc5 batteries you find are more than likely counterfit batteries and i would steer clear of them.

What ohm and watts are you wanting to vape at?....This plays a part in a battery reccomendation.

I could answer your question easily however and reccomend Sony VTC 4's and be done as they are a true 30 amps and will take what your sig can dish out but not everyone chooses to vape at 70 plus watts at .2 ohms and dont need them...However ,just having them is a one stop shop fix for all battery questions....you may never use them to thier full potential but atleast you know you have the best possible potential with a battery and its not much of a concern anymore trying to decide.

The samsung 25R's are great batteries for a max of 20 amps continuous...Id say this is one of the most popular batteries right now and many are using these...Just mind your wattage and ohms.

The vtc4's are around 9 dollars each...the samsungs you can get for less than 6 dollars each.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I also got a dark horse with it. Soni do plan on going to .2 ohms. I'll probably stay in to 50-60 watt range but I know I'm going to venture above that so yes I would need an all around battery.

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I've got the same box, i've had no problems at all with the sony's or the mxjo's. That box has every manner of protection available. Just try and keep your batteries paired so they wear evenly. If you're draining the battery too hard it'll just cut off-at least that's been my experience with the 100w non-plus model. OH-and make sure you baby the HELL out of that 510 connection-i got 2 months out of mine. It just fell totally apart on me yesterday. And keep in mind its reverse threaded haha

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
By the way, dont forget a decent charger and an ohm checker.

Cheap chargers can destroy your battery investment and cheap "inaccurate" ohms checkers can be a danger in the lower ohm range...you dont want it to be off when going for a .2 ohm coil....In my opinion i would shoot for .35 ohm and not go any lower.

I personally use a Nitecore intelli-charger i2...less than 20 bucks and has given me no problems at all. (knock on wood)

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
One last thing....you may want 2 pairs of batteries unless you have a back up while you recharge the first set....I know, its not cheap but it is what it is.

If you would stay around .5 you can buy 4 samsung 25R's for 23 bucks plus shipping...The sonys are gonna be over $40.00 plus another $15 or so for the charger.

I already have the nitecore charger and an ohm checker. And about marrying the batteries. That's why I wanted to ask opions on batteries because I want to keep them just for the box

Thanks for all.the help guys. It's really appriciated.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any vtc5 batteries you find are more than likely counterfit batteries and i would steer clear of them.

To a lesser extent, i'd make the same argument on the VTC4 as well.

Half the 12 VTC4's i bought over the last 6 months turned out to be fakes. All of them from among the most regularly recommended vendors on this board. Not that i believe any of them purposely pawned off fakes to me, but yeah...it is what it is. Corners are going to get cut in the pursuit of a profit, especially when the demand is there, which in turn isn't going to bode well when the estimated counterfeit rates on sonys (and AW for that matter, when you really start digging around for info about it) is as absurdly high as it is atm.

For me personally, it's just not worth the chance you end up paying the extra money for what essentially amounts to a placebo effect. Since like most, it's not like i popped my fakes in and immediately identified them as such. In fact, it was only after a period of usage time and research (aided by the fact i had everything labeled 1/2/3/4/ect from the get go) that i was able to spot the fakes from the real deals.

I only buy Samsung 25R now (granted i've also never tried the LG). I also never go below.4 though. Doing that while staying away from ebay is the best bet these days, imo.

Last edited:

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had good luck with the Samsung and the LGs in mechs, though I've only got a married pair of Samsungs for my Sig 100 - that, and another pair of Efests, which I gather are also Samsungs, just rewrapped with fake specs and sold for a couple bucks more...

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have some LG's but barely stress them. Nothing but good things to say about them!

Rayne

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, using Ohm's law, I'd say any battery with a continuous 20 amp current is likely going to be plenty. If you ran the box at 150w, and have a .1 ohm coil, you're pushing both batteries to just under 39 amps, at 3.9v.

Pick a battery that fits inside your box (all the common ones should fit), and has a mAh rating you like, and you'll be set. I wouldn't get too picky about the performance of the battery with a box, personally. Samsung 25R seems to be the most common seller at my work for box mods, and my coworkers seem to gravitate toward them for boxes in general. Anything beyond that, in performance, is likely never going to be pushed to its limit. I just use my leftover Efans in my box, and still get pretty decent battery life from them while pushing 60w minimum all day.

VU Sponsors