Become a Patron!

Battery suddenly draining

I recently purchased the smok g320. The store I bought it from its reputable and I just haven't had time to drop in. However, why would one of the three batteries that power this suddenly drain extremely quickly as I've changed no settings? It's not the cell itself. It is whichever battery is in slot A. Can't make heads or tails of this especially since I'm completely in the dark with all the technical jargon. Perhaps, someone with more knowledge could explain in as simple terms as possible?

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't own this mod but it definitely sounds like the mod is defective. I would quit using it to keep from damaging my batteries. Also when you take it back to the shop keep the batteries out and make sure they are fully charged so you can show them first that your batteries are not the problem then put them in the mod and show them the defect. But I wouldn't feel safe using it . There might be some kind of short in battery slot A . If the store replaces gives you a new mod, test it in the store before you leave. I hope you get this resolved .

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The set of batteries you use in it-are they a married set, meaning were they all new and charged at the same time and used solely in your mod? If not , that may be your problem.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Even if it turns out to be a defective mod, you should still also verify that the defective mod hasn't damaged any of your batteries. If a battery is charged and you measure its voltage, then if you just leave it sit for several hours without using it and then you measure its voltage again after that, the voltage should not have gone down (while taking into account the minor inaccuracies that are being caused by the measuring equipment itself).

leadpipe58

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Switch the battery.If the drain moves with the battery the problem is the battery.If the same slot drains two different battery's then it is the mod.I'm putting my money on the battery FTW that it is the problem..Just an educated wild fucking guess..
The other thing you can do is recharge the battery that drains quickly and put it in another mod and see if it still drains.If it does the battery is trash..

VU Sponsors