Become a Patron!

Battery suggestion

Hi all, I'm new to mods. So far I've been using Ijust2 kit and ordered Rx2/3 with smok v8. Need help in selecting a battery for the above and website where I can buy them. Also, is it really required to buy a charger or charging with the cable on mod good enough.

Thanks in advance:)

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I bought my batteries here, as well as a charger. I've read that it's much better to charge externally, so I have extra batteries that I just switch out. I have them marked so that pairs stay with pairs.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh, and don't get shitty batteries. Stick with name brands like LG, Samsung, Sony, etc.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SMOK V8 is a mod and TFV8 big baby kit, don't you mean RX2/3 and TFV8 big baby?

You should be fine with a pair (or three) 20A 3000mAh batteries, up to 120W which should be enough for that tank.
Samsung 30Q
Sony VTC6
LG HG2

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi all, I'm new to mods. So far I've been using Ijust2 kit and ordered Rx2/3 with smok v8. Need help in selecting a battery for the above and website where I can buy them. Also, is it really required to buy a charger or charging with the cable on mod good enough.

Thanks in advance:)
if you use that Smok tank on their 2/3 Wismec will not honor the warranty if something happens this is a known issue with this tank. For you sake get another tank to avoid probs it will work but it may break the .510 with repeated removal just a tip

Last edited:
Thanks Khassy, nightshard :)

MrScaryz - OMG, but they didn't mention this on their website. Thanks a lot for this heads-up, I'll revise the order. By the way, any suggested tank's for RX 2/3. I'm looking for an RDTA, don't want to keep buying those sub-ohm coils.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Khassy, nightshard :)

MrScaryz - OMG, but they didn't mention this on their website. Thanks a lot for this heads-up, I'll revise the order. By the way, any suggested tank's for RX 2/3. I'm looking for an RDTA, don't want to keep buying those sub-ohm coils.
RDTA choice is subjective just do not put a smok tank on that RX any or them..I have the whole series of the RX's and none were ever fixed with the Smok tank I do not make suggestions on RDTA's

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
BTW if you have multiple questions on various subjects, in the future you should open a separate thread for each, so that other people interested in the subject can find them easily.

Thanks again MrScaryZ & nightshard.

I'll make sure to stick to the topic going forward :)

Takeaway from this thread

1. LG HG2/Sony VTC6/Samsung 30Q are reliable batteries
2. Rx series mods wouldn't go well with SMOK tanks, but both are great with other combinations
3. Rx mods are good with avocado24/limitless (ijoy) RDTA's

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks again MrScaryZ & nightshard.

I'll make sure to stick to the topic going forward :)

Takeaway from this thread

1. LG HG2/Sony VTC6/Samsung 30Q are reliable batteries
2. Rx series mods wouldn't go well with SMOK tanks, but both are great with other combinations
3. Rx mods are good with avocado24/limitless (ijoy) RDTA's
Its not big deal good luck to you just a tip be cautious of the hype that surrounds many devices watch reviews many of the same product get a consensus on forums this can help one decide what is best for you..

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's just a matter of Joyetech/Wismec selling mods with short/weak/defective 510 connectors, then passing the blame to the user for using an atty other then their own.

They should be thankful that people are using their mods, without forcing them to use their attys too.

You should be fine as long as you're gentle.

VU Sponsors