Become a Patron!

Battery suggestions

I started out with the Nautilus mini/I-stick 30w given to me as a gift. I'm looking for more intense flavor and a friend suggested the TFV4 mini...but we never discussed what battery it would use, and I'm not certain my little I-stick could handle it. Because I've not yet started building my own, it was suggested I use the TF-T2 coils to put more flavor but not so much a cloud. Yes, I was warned it's going to be much 'thirstier' than the Nautilus was.

Suggestions on whether my I-stick would work, or what I should get to replace it? Or if you guys have other ideas for chasing more flavor besides the TFV4, I'm game - I'll openly admit I know next to nothing.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Many mods will love the tfva.
For batteries
Samsung, Sony, MNKE, LG. those four you cannot go wrong unless you ignore the amps on the batteries.

Huff-N-Stuff

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
what battery type are you looking for exactly?
I have used a couple of different 18650`s

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
First off welcome to VU.

The TFV4 I believe would push your mod pretty hard, I have the Cruis and only vape at 25-35 watts. Some juices will want a warmer vape so will require more wattage, some just like to run it at higher wattage. I would look at moving up to a VTC mini or something along those lines if you want to keep it compact. As far as batteries go there are the Samsung 25r, LG HG2's, Sony VTC4's as examples of great batteries for mods. The biggest thing is to make sure you are getting genuine batteries.

http://liionwholesale.com or https://www.imrbatteries.com/ are trusted sources.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would suggest a device with at least 50 watts for that tank. A lot of choices depending on your taste and budget. Remember you will need a quality charger if your going to purchase a mod that uses 18650 batteries. (possibly you can charge via USB port if equipped.) Id say go to youtube and look at the reviews of the Evic VTC Mini, Cloupor Mini Plus, Eleaf IStick 60 would be a good place to start your research. You will learn a lot and get an idea of what you might be interested in. Good luck. and welcome to VU.

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
First off welcome to VU.

The TFV4 I believe would push your mod pretty hard, I have the Cruis and only vape at 25-35 watts. Some juices will want a warmer vape so will require more wattage, some just like to run it at higher wattage. I would look at moving up to a VTC mini or something along those lines if you want to keep it compact. As far as batteries go there are the Samsung 25r, LG HG2's, Sony VTC4's as examples of great batteries for mods. The biggest thing is to make sure you are getting genuine batteries.

http://liionwholesale.com or https://www.imrbatteries.com/ are trusted sources.
I like the eVic mini so much I have two of the and just order two more.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
+1 on the Evic VTC mini, especially with the latest Firmware upgrade (currently V3.0).

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As far as batteries, I only like ones that come from legitimate manufacturers (LG, Sony, Samsung), rated for 20 amps or higher continuous draw.

For the mod (the box the batteries go in), I'd recommend something that holds two batteries and will give you at least 75 watts of power. Not only is the TFV4 thirsty, it's power hungry, and you won't get much life out of a single battery device. I'm using an IPV d2 and a Crown tank (in the same league as the TFV4, maybe not even as demanding though), and changing my single battery out every hour or two.

While some mods can charge via USB, I like to take my batteries out and run them through a dedicated charger whenever possible.

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Op is equating a Mod with a Battery

She (?) is looking for suggestions for a Mod that will able
to take full advantage of a TFV4 tank not 18650 batteries.

-

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Op is equating a Mod with a Battery

She (?) is looking for suggestions for a Mod that will able
to take full advantage of a TFV4 tank not 18650 batteries.

-
I'm interpreting the post the same way, just in case I'm trying to respond to the post both as it's worded and as it appears to be intended...

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
First off I believe the OP was looking for something that wont allow you to change batteries also, I'm not completely sure. Personally I prefer the ability to change my batteries. I suggested the VTC mini to let them look it up and maybe see there are advantages to doing this.

For the mod (the box the batteries go in), I'd recommend something that holds two batteries and will give you at least 75 watts of power. Not only is the TFV4 thirsty, it's power hungry, and you won't get much life out of a single battery device. I'm using an IPV d2 and a Crown tank (in the same league as the TFV4, maybe not even as demanding though), and changing my single battery out every hour or two.

Here is where I have to ask a question. I see a lot of posts like this and not really sure why people are having to change their batteries out so often unless they are chain vaping (I do this when I am at home and just messing around on the forums or something), running lower than needed ohms and just pushing the wattage (this is where I see a lot of other posts of people pushing way low ohms and dumping tons of wattage into the hardware).

When I am at home I can use my dual battery setup and chain vape my brains out, when out and running around I don't personally care to have a dual battery device, it's bulky and over weight to have to carry around and I much prefer a single battery device for putting into my pocket. I have the Crown and I have the Crius, the Crown is a single coil setup while the Cruis and the TFV4 are intended dual coil but can be ran in single. When running around and using my VTC mini or my Sigelei 50w V2 (both single batt. devices) I don't have the time to chain vape and I build my coils to come in at around .6-.7 range and still get plenty of vapor and flavor at 25-35 watts, this lets my batteries last plenty long enough to get back home or even if I think there could be and issue I can carry a spare batt. in my car or other pocket if I am at work and it is still a much smaller setup than carrying a dual batt. device.

OBDave, don't take this post as trying to bust your balls, that is not what I am trying to do. I just honestly do not see why people feel they need to run these devices at such high wattage when I can find a VERY pleasant vape on much lower wattage and not chew through batteries as much.

Lets take a look back in time. Lets go back one year and look at what everyone was running their wattage at, now lets go back two years. People where very happy with what they where getting back then and I really think a lot of this has more to do with the chips that are being released, people see the wattage they can push these devices to and do it with no appreciable gains that I am aware of. Maybe I am just missing something who knows.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey, no worries calling me out for clarification and to share your experiences, @CgS_Drone - I personally find that the Crown gives a better vape at higher wattage (50+), as do my drippers. The vast majority of TFV4 users I've heard say the same thing about the factory coils, and OP doesn't sound like she wants to build her own to target a certain wattage.

Out and about, I agree dual-battery mods can be bulky for some. That's why I use different toppers, like my Arctic or Subtank, which I find can produce a good vape and less clouds (I'm not much of a "sick clouds bro" guy in public) at lower wattages. This, and the fact that during the day I'm taking a few tokes here and there rather than chain vaping, means a single battery will indeed last longer. I'm changing batteries like mad because my IPV d2 and Nebox are my only TC mods, I'm having a bit of fun playing with TC as it's new to me, and they're both single battery setups - I'll eventually get a dual-battery mod to replace my iStick 100 (a piece of crap that bricked itself within a few months) and run high-power tanks on that, as my Sig is reserved for dripping.

OP may indeed want a fixed-battery mod. My experience on those is limited to a horrible experience with the iStick 50, and for reasons including the ability to charge externally, carry extra batteries for use in a pinch, and to swap between mods if more are acquired in the future I prefer replaceable battery mods. Hopefully others with more/better experience on fixed batteries will chime in covering that end of the spectrum, but I can only cover what I know.

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not gonna expound much but you can grab a Reuleaux RX200 for less than 50$ online with three fresh Samsung 25R batteries for another 18$. This will run any tank, any coil, any wire, for the foreseeable future. It also charges via USB so once you have a good set of batteries in it, there is very little maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors