Become a Patron!

Battery Wraps

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Is it just me, or are wraps just not holding up like they used to? I do have to remove batteries from my charger pretty carefully, because it'll snag them pretty easily, but just in general, they don't seem like they last as well, anymore.

Where do you get yours?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
eBay for me too.
Be sure to get the insulators as well because the hair dryer will blow the old ones away.
The insulators on eBay have a sticky side so they stay on there.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
eBay for me too.
Be sure to get the insulators as well because the hair dryer will blow the old ones away.
The insulators on eBay have a sticky side so they stay on there.
Yeah, I've had that happen, too. I usually start at that end on one side, slide in the insulator, then do the other side. They go flyin'!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How you remove your batteries from the charger can impact the wraps and also the life of the charger.
Get the edge of your finger on the positive end of the battery.
Pull down slightly and then raise up the positive end of the battery while letting the negative end slide up towards the positive end in a controlled manner.
You just raise up the positive end enough to clear the charger body.
Letting the negative spring loaded end snap up will shorten the chargers life and can snag on the wrap damaging it.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
How you remove your batteries from the charger can impact the wraps and also the life of the charger.
Get the edge of your finger on the positive end of the battery.
Pull down slightly and then raise up the positive end of the battery while letting the negative end slide up towards the positive end in a controlled manner.
You just raise up the positive end enough to clear the charger body.
Letting the negative spring loaded end snap up will shorten the chargers life and can snag on the wrap damaging it.
Yep, pretty much how I do it, too. That will certainly wreck a wrap in a heartbeat.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
mine are lasting super well. but they are not that old, and I am super carefull with them.
4 bay charger, don't put em next to each other = grab em and lift out.

I have some ebay wraps on the way. who knows when they will get here

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I usually go to amazon because prime. I got a pack of like 300 battery wraps and 300 insulators for like 16$ total. Nothing fancy, but there are like 10 different colors so I wrap them in pairs and know which batteries are which. My 20700 wraps hold up much better than my 18650s

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Me, I get my wraps and insulators from where I get my batteries

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only use genuine Swedish wraps.
None of those substandard clone wraps for me.
So what if the wrap costs more than the battery under it?
My beautiful face is worth it ;)

VU Sponsors