Become a Patron!

Batterys

I've been vaping for awhile now but never had a 300w box mod but it says use 25a battery's, but all I have are 20a, would they work on my mod? I only go up to 150watts with a .5ohm coil.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been vaping for awhile now but never had a 300w box mod but it says use 25a battery's, but all I have are 20a, would they work on my mod? I only go up to 150watts with a .5ohm coil.
Indeed...@ 150 watts

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
With 3 or more of those 20A batteries, yes it will work at 150 watts, BUT... because it says use 25A batteries, and you're going use those 20A batteries regardless anyway, you shouldn't be at all surprised if the vape performance turns out to be crappy─as the voltage sag of the batteries can, and often does, affect performance even on a regulated mod. (A certain 'reviewer', whose name I'd rather not say, pulled out LG HG2 browns from a similar device and then he blamed the device for getting terrible/shit performance, him being a 'tech guy' and all.)

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As Carambrda noted, you'd be fine with the 20a batteries. However if you're going to be pushing 150w all day long the performance of the mod will likely not be what it should. That's why the manufacturer recommends 25a batts, to maintain that performance as long as possible. If you were only hitting it up at say 100w max, then yeah the 20a's would work just fine. I recommend getting a good set or two of 25a batteries. You'll be getting the performance out of the mod that it's designed to give.

VU Sponsors