IMAG0199.jpg
    404.5 KB · Views: 18

Gopherfan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sick as tits. As the Great tip tripper puts it. Lol

it looks like a dark horse, which is what im using now as well. But I just got in an atty3 to use on my new box when it comes in. I got it so I can run 4 coils!

VapinJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyone have any experience with the box mods these guys put out? I'm thinking about getting a box mod from them but wanted to get some feedback. The only review I've seen on these mods is from Vaping with Twisted 420. I would like to get a second opinion especially from my fellow vapers.

Sent from my LGMS500 using Tapatalk

I recently bought a Dual 26650 Series BCBox Mod and it wasn't a very pleasant experience, but there ended up being a light at the end of the tunnel.

THE BAD
First off it took 3 weeks to receive the mod, they claim a 9 day completion time. Then right out of the box, I started having problems with it. All of the battery contacts looked like Ray Charles installed them, same with the voltmeter. I literally had to spin my batteries to a sweet spot for the mod to even work, the firing button would give a hard click after every 4-5 uses, and the battery sled was crooked. The wiring job looked like a novice did it, let's just say I can wire a box mod prettier than what I received from BCBox Mods.
They tried to get me to fix the positive battery contacts which were crimped down so hard that they sat below the surface of the sled, but I couldn't without either breaking the sled or breaking a solder joint and I didn't want to void their warranty. Anyway, within a couple of days a wire fell off the firing button and I sent it in for repairs.
So the repair process claims that they will email you updates, I didn't receive any. BCBox claims a max of 14 days to repair. Now why it would take them longer to fix a mod than to build one from scratch is beyond me. So I emailed them 14 days (on a Friday) after they received it from USPS and they tell me it should've been shipped out, Nope.They gave me the run around for a week, swearing that they shipped it out every single day, and finally shipped on Friday(3 weeks), I received my mod on the following Monday. So 3 weeks for repairs and 3 weeks for the initial order.

THE GOOD
Without me asking for any type of refund, BCBox gave me a full refund and apologized for all of the inconvenience. This is a very professional action on BCBox Mods part.
Upon receiving the repaired mod, the first thing I noticed was the voltmeter is still crooked, This is my only complaint about the mod.
Besides that, I've tested this mod with a custom drilled airflow 30mm TOBH ATTY with a .289 ohm build and this box smog the room with ease. It has become my favorite out all of the other mods I own.
I have a friend from out of state that has the same model mod and has built down to a .25 with no battery venting or overheating (I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS NOR DO I RECOMMEND THAT ANYONE TRY THIS, HIS OHM METER MAY HAVE BEEN READING LOW).
Will I order from BCBox again? Maybe. This 26650 may be all I'll ever want in a mod, but that Triple 18650 Series Mod looks pretty good. They also have a new line of mods they will be unveiling soon.
Do I recommend BCBox? Yes, but check over your mod when you receive it and be extremely patient. You can't beat a lifetime warranty.
Overall it was a frustrating experience, but I can't really complain because the mod ended up being free.

VapinJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
it looks like a dark horse, which is what im using now as well. But I just got in an atty3 to use on my new box when it comes in. I got it so I can run 4 coils!

You can look into "The Goliath." It's a 30mm RDA that you can build up to 8 coils on. It's a beast. It runs about $30 on eBay.

rt smith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought a BC Box Mod while they were on sale. Up front i was told a three week wait time since they build these as they get orders. My mod, the original with the lights was mailed on day 18 and in my hands on day 21.... Out of the box it looked well made, threw Samsung batteries in and my E pro Revel tank. This mod has become one I use everyday, I have four others, two sig's, a tesla and a clone. I like all the box mods but this BC box mod is great! I feel the workmanship is top and have had zero problems. I will most likely buy another when they come out with something else a little different. I am very happy with these guys!

Gopherfan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They told me 8 days,and it's the 9th business day. I'm frustrated. I think I want my money back. I can build 3 in less time than it takes them to build one.

rt smith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Believe me, the WAIT is worth it!!
They make these in order they get orders, maybe it is not the best to make em as they get orders but they make a GREAT mod!

VapinJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought a BC Box Mod while they were on sale. Up front i was told a three week wait time since they build these as they get orders. My mod, the original with the lights was mailed on day 18 and in my hands on day 21.... Out of the box it looked well made, threw Samsung batteries in and my E pro Revel tank. This mod has become one I use everyday, I have four others, two sig's, a tesla and a clone. I like all the box mods but this BC box mod is great! I feel the workmanship is top and have had zero problems. I will most likely buy another when they come out with something else a little different. I am very happy with these guys!

Keep a close eye on their website because their salesman told me they are launching a new line of mods soon.
I agree, they are great mods. My Dual 26650 Series mods is now my favorite.

VapinJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They told me 8 days,and it's the 9th business day. I'm frustrated. I think I want my money back. I can build 3 in less time than it takes them to build one.

I know it's frustrating, but try to be patient. It took a lot of crap to get mine right, 6 weeks total, but the mod is awesome. I did get a full refund though.

Gopherfan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Keep a close eye on their website because their salesman told me they are launching a new line of mods soon.
I agree, they are great mods. My Dual 26650 Series mods is now my favorite.
I haven't received my first one yet. I sure as shit won't be buying from them again. Unless they come out with a switch 26650. Then again I might build 2 and sell one.

Gopherfan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know it's frustrating, but try to be patient. It took a lot of crap to get mine right, 6 weeks total, but the mod is awesome. I did get a full refund though.
It's allot of bullshit. That's why I didn't build one. I would have rather spent 150 and got it 2 days later

VapinJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't received my first one yet. I sure as shit won't be buying from them again. Unless they come out with a switch 26650. Then again I might build 2 and sell one.

I don't blame you. A lot of people feel that way. I'm just interested in seeing their new line and deciding if I'll do any more business with them. Maybe if you start complaining, they'll give you a free mod too, haha. It really did surprise me when they refunded my money and sent me the mod.

ive seen that goliath but I don't know if I want to get into 8 coils....I just vape so I don't get on the cancer sticks again bt occasionally I like to blow a few massive clouds...I think the switch box is going to be perfect for me..i just cant wait to try this new atty3 on it!

VapinJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The cool thing about the Goliath is that you can build a single or an octocoil setup on it if you want. If you're referring to is the TOBH ATTY, the 28mm should fit perfect on the 26650 BCBOX Mod. I have a TOBH ATTY V4 30mm and it has some overhang.

VapinJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
no its called atty3, I believe its by wotofo...it is a square rda made for box mods.

Oh ok. I know the one you're talking about. That's a good looking atty. Which model BCBOX are you getting?

Gopherfan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I sent bcboxmods this email today. It reads

I placed my order on the first of August. Today is the tenth business day. This is becoming pretty frustrating. The website says 8 days. I would think you guys could have the courtesy to keep me informed as to the progress of my order after eight days, I've never dealt with things this way with online purchasing,and I'm pretty sure I won't again. Please respond. Thank you...

Gopherfan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ive seen that goliath but I don't know if I want to get into 8 coils....I just vape so I don't get on the cancer sticks again bt occasionally I like to blow a few massive clouds...I think the switch box is going to be perfect for me..i just cant wait to try this new atty3 on it!
You have to beware of clones. The authentic Goliath is 135 dollars. You can see the differences just by looking at the pics. I mean Quality and such. Same design.

VapinJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You can add them on Facebook, then hit them up on Messenger for faster responses.
You can express you frustration with them and they are pretty good about trying to work things out. They may compensate you in some way. Trust me, I completely understand your frustration with the situation.

VapinJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You have to beware of clones. The authentic Goliath is 135 dollars. You can see the differences just by looking at the pics. I mean Quality and such. Same design.

Trust me, I know it's a clone. I have tried many clones vs authentics and found that, depending the on the cloning manufacturer, the clone will match the performance of an authentic a good 90% of the time. So I'm willing to take a chance in testing out a clone for $30 vs paying 5x the amount for an authentic. I can always return the clone on eBay if I don't like it's performance. Plus it's a bit ridiculous to pay that much for an RDA in my opinion. In my opinion, paying over $50 for an authentic RDA is just ridiculous considering that they mass produce them at $20 a piece. It is nice to have one full on authentic set though. Now as far as mods go, I'm 100% authentic only.

Also I'm used to vaping on a authentic copper manhattan with a copper troll with the air flow all the way open and a chuf cap on the top how much stronger of a hit will I be getting off the bc box mod vs my current set up I also have a .04 build in the troll and am used to blowing clouds from one side of my living room the the other

VapinJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I ordered a bc box mod it's the led box with the switch in it and ordered it on the 3rd of august 2015 when should I be expecting my box?

I wish I could give you a straight answer on that. I waited 3 weeks before mine was delivered.
It all depends on how backed up they are on orders. I believe their website says it takes upto 9 business days for completion. Seeing that today is the 10th business day,
I would be hitting them up on Facebook Messenger and their website. They aren't open on the weekends, but will respond on Messenger.
They really should stop taking orders for a week to catch up on orders and not have so many pissed off customers.
I'm already having issues with my mod again. I have to spin my batteries to find a sweet spot for the mod to operate. I'll be contacting them soon myself. It worked fine for 4 days then last night it started this crap with the battery contacts again.

Gopherfan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Trust me, I know it's a clone. I have tried many clones vs authentics and found that, depending the on the cloning manufacturer, the clone will match the performance of an authentic a good 90% of the time. So I'm willing to take a chance in testing out a clone for $30 vs paying 5x the amount for an authentic. I can always return the clone on eBay if I don't like it's performance. Plus it's a bit ridiculous to pay that much for an RDA in my opinion. In my opinion, paying over $50 for an authentic RDA is just ridiculous considering that they mass produce them at $20 a piece. It is nice to have one full on authentic set though. Now as far as mods go, I'm 100% authentic only.
20 bucks a piece? More like 4 bucks. Lol my one authentic is a mutation x v4. Insane air flow. I love it

VapinJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So do you think it's that they are using cheap batterysleds

I think the sled itself is good. It's 3-D printed, but is sturdy. They crimp on battery contacts and the positive contacts are crimped on so hard that they sit below the surface of the sled.

VapinJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also I'm used to vaping on a authentic copper manhattan with a copper troll with the air flow all the way open and a chuf cap on the top how much stronger of a hit will I be getting off the bc box mod vs my current set up I also have a .04 build in the troll and am used to blowing clouds from one side of my living room the the other

With the Dual 26650 Series BCBox using my custom drilled airflow 30mm TOBH ATTY with a .28 build. I can produce ridiculous, thick clouds that completely smog my living room in just a hit or two using either my 510 drip tip or 26mm Chuff Cap . But, be careful, at that low of a build on a 26650 Series box, you can only pull for 2 seconds max. Oh, and the flavor is super rich.
The Manhattan is a good mod. I've used a few before, but just wasn't as impressed as I am with this series box. I mean it's 8.4 volts of power in the BC vs 4.2 on the Manhattan. It's really not a fair comparison.
If BCBOX could just get their production on point this box would be great. I can't believe that I have to roll my batteries to make this mod work. Ridiculous.

Last edited:

TimB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Let me know how it goes. I was gonna wait until I buy another box mod for back up before I send mine in..
Well I sent it back last Sat.they received it Monday. Got the USPS shipping notice Thursday,shipped Friday will have it back Monday.That's a fast turnaround ...

VapinJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I sent it back last Sat.they received it Monday. Got the USPS shipping notice Thursday,shipped Friday will have it back Monday.That's a fast turnaround ...

I'm glad your experience was good. I'm not on a witch hunt against BCBOX. Just sharing my experience and I see that other people are having the same issues.
Hopefully it was actually shipped Friday and it's not just sitting in pre-shipment. If it's in pre-shipment, your mod is still sitting in their office.
But I do hope it is actually in route to you.

Gopherfan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm glad your experience was good. I'm not on a witch hunt against BCBOX. Just sharing my experience and I see that other people are having the same issues.
Hopefully it was actually shipped Friday and it's not just sitting in pre-shipment. If it's in pre-shipment, your mod is still sitting in their office.
Screw that I'm in a witch hunt. I'm bitter. Reeeeeeaaaaal bitter. Where's my shit bc? Where's my shit?

VapinJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Screw that I'm in a witch hunt. I'm bitter. Reeeeeeaaaaal bitter. Where's my shit bc? Where's my shit?

Do you not have serious juice leakage issues with that Mutation V4? That is the one with the bottom airflow, right?

Gopherfan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do you not have serious juice leakage issues with that Mutation V4? That is the one with the bottom airflow, right?
I actually do.if I lay it on its side or blow out the holes before I inhale. But I assure you the clouds and the flavor are intense. It was 42.00 which I would pay again for. The only thing I was not happy with was the size. I saw the videos,and these guys have good cameras. Lol. I would've thought it was a 28 mm rda. But it's small size is masked by its ability to perform. The leaking is tolerable.

Gopherfan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And it is that bottom airflow that has converted me to under coil air inlets. It super cools your vape and allows serious clouds to be chucked. I run 70/30 vg/pg mix with 0mg nic and there is no harshness,no throat hit,nothing... And I mean that. Nothing!!!

TimB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's in route not a conformation email, it was returned for repairs. In previous posts the average is around 3 weeks to get one not the 9 days. I wish they would just change that to be realistic. Maybe because they know vapers are impatient about their vape mail and 9 days sounds good..LOL and if you tell them two weeks not including shipping they will freak out. Guess that's why. But it does perform well for the price WHEN you get it.

VapinJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And it is that bottom airflow that has converted me to under coil air inlets. It super cools your vape and allows serious clouds to be chucked. I run 70/30 vg/pg mix with 0mg nic and there is no harshness,no throat hit,nothing... And I mean that. Nothing!!!

I feel the same about my TOBH ATTY. My friend drilled out the airflow holes because it comes with 3 tiny 1mm holes on each side. So he drilled it so it's laid out like this 1mm, 2mm, 3mm on each side. That made the ATTY great. Before it was severely air restricted, but now I can fog my living room in 1 or 2 one second hits of the series 26650. It's ridiculous, man.
I'm gonna look at a pic of your attys build deck and see if I can come up with some ideas for you.

VapinJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Alaina, which BCBOX are you getting?

Mikebyrd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just simply can't wait to get this thing.. Just from reading most of the reviews.. Especially @VapinJay with the ridiculous clouds Lol.. I ordered the dual 26650 series with volt meter on 8/6 ..so I patiently wait ...I just got the mutation x v4 in .. So I will be using that .. Do I need to have the bottom airflow open too to produce massive clouds along with the top ones? Thx in advance .. Oh my order is

VapinJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just simply can't wait to get this thing.. Just from reading most of the reviews.. Especially @VapinJay with the ridiculous clouds Lol.. I ordered the dual 26650 series with volt meter on 8/6 ..so I patiently wait ...I just got the mutation x v4 in .. So I will be using that .. Do I need to have the bottom airflow open too to produce massive clouds along with the top ones? Thx in advance .. Oh my order is

Hey Mike,
I can't really tell you much about using that atty, @Gopherfan has one and loves it. I use a 30mm TOBH ATTY, read previous comments for specs.
The warranty for the 26650 Series allows for builds down to .28 ohms. I use 2 different sets of batteries; first are the Efest 3.7v 32 continuous / 64 pulse amp 3500mah and second are MXJO 3.7v 35 continuous / 60 pulse amp 3500mah.
The MXJOs have 3amp jump on the Efest for continuous amps, but the Efest have a 4 amp jump on pulse. You can definitely tell a difference that the MXJOs offer continuously at low builds. I have a friend that has built his BCBOX, same model, down to a .25 with no problems. NOTE: I DON'T RECOMMEND DOING THIS BECAUSE IT WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY.
I have tried a Mutation V3 22mm with a .4ohm build and still got decent clouds, but no like with my TOBH. I will try the .28 build on the Mutation and post results later.

VapinJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I feel the same about my TOBH ATTY. My friend drilled out the airflow holes because it comes with 3 tiny 1mm holes on each side. So he drilled it so it's laid out like this 1mm, 2mm, 3mm on each side. That made the ATTY great. Before it was severely air restricted, but now I can fog my living room in 1 or 2 one second hits of the series 26650. It's ridiculous, man.
I'm gonna look at a pic of your attys build deck and see if I can come up with some ideas for you.
Gopher, what diameter coils do you usually build in your mutation v4? I think if you go with a 2.5 or 3mm hugged up on the posts you can clear the bottom airflow holes . Then you can pull the ends of your cotton in the drip well next to the airflows or you can do like I do and just cut the ends short and leave the cotton hanging out of the coils a couple of mm.

Sirkris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was able to get the switch to work again and it's been great. That also seemed to get the button to work every time I pressed it. I bought a backup box mod so if it gives me anymore trouble, I will send it in for repair. I'm glad you'll be getting yours back in a timely manor. @TimB

Mikebyrd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey Mike,
I can't really tell you much about using that atty, @Gopherfan has one and loves it. I use a 30mm TOBH ATTY, read previous comments for specs.
The warranty for the 26650 Series allows for builds down to .28 ohms. I use 2 different sets of batteries; first are the Efest 3.7v 32 continuous / 64 pulse amp 3500mah and second are MXJO 3.7v 35 continuous / 60 pulse amp 3500mah.
The MXJOs have 3amp jump on the Efest for continuous amps, but the Efest have a 4 amp jump on pulse. You can definitely tell a difference that the MXJOs offer continuously at low builds. I have a friend that has built his BCBOX, same model, down to a .25 with no problems. NOTE: I DON'T RECOMMEND DOING THIS BECAUSE IT WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY.
I have tried a Mutation V3 22mm with a .4ohm build and still got decent clouds, but no like with my TOBH. I will try the .28 build on the Mutation and post results later.

Hey Thx mate for the reply feedback!

VapinJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey Thx mate for the reply feedback!

No problem, Mike. I tried the build on my Mutation V2. It will blow some thick clouds, not quite as much as my TOBH, but I think that's just because there's more room for air to move around and produce vapor.

TOO EVERYONE WAITING FOR OR JUST RECEIVED YOUR BOX MODS. CONTINUOUSLY TEST YOUR MOD OVER THE COURSE OF A WEEK. EVENTUALLY THE NEGATIVE BATTERY CONTACTS WILL BEND BACK AND LOSE CONNECTION TO YOUR BATTERY OR YOUR SWITCH MAY START TO FAIL.THE BEST WAY TO GET BC'S ATTENTION IS TO SEND THEM EMAILS AND MESSAGES ON FACEBOOK ABOUT THIS ISSUE. THEY WILL GET BACK TO YOU.
I am on my 3rd 26650 Series box mod and still having problems with these battery contacts. It is a combination issue between them crimping the positive contacts and the negative contacts folding.

Last edited:

VapinJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

What's the status of your order @Mikebyrd ?
I unleashed the wrath on BCBox @Gopherfan .
Is anyone having any problems with their BCBox Mods?

Last edited:

Mikebyrd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What's the status of your order @Mikebyrd ?
I unleashed the wrath on BCBox @Gopherfan .
Is anyone having any problems with their BCBox Mods? If so please leave a reply with the model box mod, order #, and the problem the mod is giving you. I am going to see what I can do about this company's poor workmanship on these new and poorly repaired mods.

Hey ..I just got an email indicating that they shipped my box mod..(26650 series) man I really hope it is not a lemon ...it should be here by Friday or Saturday ..I'll post as soon as I test fire it.. Have you heard back from anyone at BC box mods?

VapinJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey ..I just got an email indicating that they shipped my box mod..(26650 series) man I really hope it is not a lemon ...it should be here by Friday or Saturday ..I'll post as soon as I test fire it.. Have you heard back from anyone at BC box mods?

In all honesty, I've had it with BCBox. I told them that their company as a whole sucks and I would do a better job repairing the mod than they can, which is true. They asked me to send my mod back in again. I've owned this mod for 2 months and have had it in my possession for less than 2 weeks, BCBox has had it the rest of the time.
They actually lost my mod that I sent in for repairs, so they sent me a brand new one. Then they found my original mod and "repaired" it then sent that one back to me without a battery lid and it still doesn't work.
So all in all I have had 2 brand new BCBox mods and a repaired one crap out on me in less than 2 weeks. Smh.

TimB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You should be fine drop in some batteries and vape. We all have seen box mods for twice the price with less detail to wiring.it's a steal.But remember to build high in series above .28.I started a .5 and worked down.

VapinJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Give it about 3-7 days of testing it. You'll notice your negative battery contact not holding the battery as tight as it did originally. Then you'll start having to roll your batteries. Then you'll have to bend the contacts and eventually they will break off.

VU Sponsors