Become a Patron!

Be gentle, I'm new to vaping and need help!

Hello, everyone!

Be gentle, I'm new. Like, BRAND-SPANKING-NEW to vaping. And this forum. So, I just started vaping back in November of this last year, and I recently inherited an Eleaf iStick TC60W from my niece. The tank on it was crap, leaked all the bloody time. Bought a new tank for it about a month or so ago, and it works like a dream now.

However.

Tonight... I'm sitting here about to get some work done on my paper for school, and I love to hit my vape whilst I'm working, because nicotine somehow keeps me focused... But when I hit the vape, it wasn't hitting. It said something on the screen about 'atomizer low' and I'm not sure how to fix it. :( I thought I had, but... I guess not.

Please help!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's more than likely something with the coil. What kind of tank is it you're using. What it means by atomizer low is the ohms of the coil are reading lower than what the istick 60 can read. From what I just read the lowest it will read in wattage mode is .1ohms. How long have you been using that coil? Once we figure out what tank we can probably get you squared away. Let us know

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
If it still does it with a new coil, try cleaning the mod's 510 with like a q-tip dampened w/alcohol, and just lightly snug the tank on, not tight.

It's more than likely something with the coil. What kind of tank is it you're using. What it means by atomizer low is the ohms of the coil are reading lower than what the istick 60 can read. From what I just read the lowest it will read in wattage mode is .1ohms. How long have you been using that coil? Once we figure out what tank we can probably get you squared away. Let us know
So, the tank I bought was a Fireluke2 FreeMax, and I JUST replaced the coil yesterday to it (not a frequent hitter of the ol' vape lol! As a broke college student, I have to kinda conserve the nicotine as best I can). Went to the vape store, with said vape in hand, and asked the rep at the store about it. I got FreeMax Fireluke M replacement coils. It says on the box, 'Compatible with Fireluke M and Fireluke 2 tanks' - which is what I have, is a Fireluke 2. It was hitting PERFECT yesterday, PERFECT today, and just now decided, 'Hahahaha nope.' Like, wtf. Help!?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
The 510 connection on the mod - where the tank screws in. Don't want to flood it, just damp, repeat, to clean it.

The 510 connection on the mod - where the tank screws in. Don't want to flood it, just damp, repeat, to clean it.
This part, yes?
JzQf65w_d7v1ZWAnlnk89gJ1_eF3JMBlPKV8FNVgMf1fJoEDvh1Mf-BPA1IcF4fvm1GzsTm992lmiiwVdZLkerSMWp8S2h34uyz59cKZV4DvNlr8WTumnwvNr4dhg2cxo5v-M5BD-0BDvMe6qhAbCuX5d-lhloz4q3aw1V__iWeaDrL3MF24SwiBHX-tjEQ0dVscQxw3WK-kJhgZiO_5I4MliDQTqmIk7Kt1eWunmnx6IOLpfJiPYZbDFwbC3J_NL688OpDRb1uA8PhVUzvfsCWa8z50f7EuM0W_oFaagjfdmscoRyeoVMDK080DadoW3AmDyEdYuJxsJQnYu9UT71m4bYD8UXZF7LpUHArRMF9lkHZRm4P3mixiFYftZWCQQUSrmR2_QnSUQI-pyWEC7HGT7Y3gJIyx2nenS8xaTa0blNzFbMYPc-E9sUmHnqfkmsKB48qfoCNRHC9c2LRC_Z4ovZnJD3S2W0d1mg0ZF3WlwNl2ABSOuW7bEuq2qFl4_fqsaOvvdBBvuYk43xYN_bfAYdMNOP0LEb8867RQw0orc1nclklVYpXK-zXe-PoKbHKw4aeVnCt5f7OPuoHhiz7E5Bjh0z8Vko1mTRdgRmZ42jMt60GkZp3Y2vmYGU2yjJRM78NnvDqiaLOwFiMPX2cE0uOT3MMyKp_eNOMt5_bW6HShTWl3TMU=w1008-h756-no

Master Rahl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Could also be you got a bad new coil. That's the one drawback to tanks I could never get past I've had some coils last weeks and others only make it a day or two. Eventually I got fed up and moved to RDTA setups before squonking became available.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With fireluke coils they may be a bit low for the mod. It is supposed to take nothing lower than .15 ohms resistance coils.
If they coils you are using are close to that resistance it may or may not work with them.
Probably .2 or higher are the best idea.

But yes use alcohol and a qtip to clean the 'socket' aka 510 connector that the tank screws into.
And the outer threads on the tank connector as well.

Soooo.. My nephew came home and I handed it to him and I had him take a look at it.... He said, 'What did you do to it, Auntie, it was hitting fine when I left!' Why is it something I did?! It was hitting fine when I got home, and then it was hitting fine until it WASN'T hitting, mister mans. LOL He popped the coil out and reseated it, I guess it wasn't screwed in right. And then ... well... I kinda ... had it in some weird code thing and he couldn't get it out of that weird code thing, but he fixed it, and it's hitting now. But, y'all should see the nastiness that is the qtip that I used to swab it. EW EW EW.
TZnR6frX-0xN9i4z4sTd3jD8BKoJGSHR7UTSQHN61i8HvhwLLVpV9qgRQ8AHBxyQCgxFxtwjIlXy7RJ5P5japwfEEEdZMzZiU53LBc32s9cvrb6g_Ih-yEOU0xTHGojFbkQ1rIsF2x6TNr1JqdwLrtMq7Kr1cfiggCJpimqTIsn3oP-R2WBjfyNUnqBH9HnHHMAFrFldD63Q4UIEFU_8PUGGEF9X7Vj_ouRj8OKxFXE_suPoGL9x_QW6bSF0NG9RbmzMg3YNzSckb5zIMWKhCfcPcwWcGYRxCOVo12-Gf7LXKUC8u8KBud00YxnWiU3_BEEFIgvcAywXpjsnt8kFjhQkoftrcgo2DyPWFAC1JHvXLlvDCRdF_JXLWfs2ddU8JnliNAY2LKkjaIWJeXDwmT4rquJSxQsBCTPMXQ0LuQi4B6iVasrGNtM3zrwkFbiiU5QMSwnhCdd2bsiWn85jtB8U0Sh9u8oer0Mt-p99rTtyWxcTb7HtoNwkpJ9xvFWlQCszDbkJA2W9ODi9M4hvRtBmXdmeOVNMGYQnK8lDh2izpQR_I4_p3O-XrAVGflACy5p7n_NyggoO_NNelKOB5NmNI1Ug_jlTWqCc81lJwGUDgBHJvqeYhgoCdzM9VVFGbO33d9doAfGUJ0Crwj6denW1lYHn8nvlGuIhcxTD31jbRq0HwkYSfqw=w567-h756-no

and
mjtFYtbFnxMOT4wLhxQ83Fji4KnP9oPGLmyXUOsW6mYZc42NkXKhtHqp-7lg_fwhaeU_Tyy-oVbHOqJfEfDq4i5ao7PBYbuVi9vop4iKnUYLLXRF5hTHvhG5MiATTwdeHuWa2Nk_bbEnL0oDi0R44UPt3tZ75NExBvaWxxf5FY3XuHyTn-vBWf6FPdKXKzlvxxZUv6P3Qeo0nHr3flQ6XFHhYjM8SCXaW_uQb-7qXRxraSgE0i0f7XyWGSG9ov83_L0_rfyrQs5WxvFodBPSZpGuEoTzKCXxYmHaIJkbKrXCtHkgVLvYTv19w2ubR03DVp8AWEuVUqJNISvJbNv5pZk6Iplc_deYr_WXPQuD0K5EERdutI9MCE39VAVfI7o4s1pM8P-bBdyKTB2pVQVHC89YNfRst5WmdMcEiR4FkGaGiqPFdm9_NAj8eE2HAeBNv39aXg9Oik-cCEgx0XNB6jRAHlCY9OBH7hqLIrQHps6UsuzCpBEFlBsVNthZkwCy1nEXyTccYuoF2rtWsR7VwiPo-1dDhpDvc0qBZRDPQ12uIsDh5LLknuhkhC5AYZOTs23MqTM8jNkNwMaBKUiUbHZpPVDNPNrGq353ff2K2pbG3nb69i3OxlSgZQ0jedD-sy7Q07G1-Ql4Dwm8fnZsCnSISnJi4RTGdJJsFyqCs29RGvD0dQ52iak=w567-h756-no

Master Rahl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Glad to hear you got it taken care of. Mods can be very temperamental at times. It's a lot of guess and check until you get more familiar with your specific mod.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Soooo.. My nephew came home and I handed it to him and I had him take a look at it.... He said, 'What did you do to it, Auntie, it was hitting fine when I left!' Why is it something I did?! It was hitting fine when I got home, and then it was hitting fine until it WASN'T hitting, mister mans. LOL He popped the coil out and reseated it, I guess it wasn't screwed in right. And then ... well... I kinda ... had it in some weird code thing and he couldn't get it out of that weird code thing, but he fixed it, and it's hitting now. But, y'all should see the nastiness that is the qtip that I used to swab it. EW EW EW.
TZnR6frX-0xN9i4z4sTd3jD8BKoJGSHR7UTSQHN61i8HvhwLLVpV9qgRQ8AHBxyQCgxFxtwjIlXy7RJ5P5japwfEEEdZMzZiU53LBc32s9cvrb6g_Ih-yEOU0xTHGojFbkQ1rIsF2x6TNr1JqdwLrtMq7Kr1cfiggCJpimqTIsn3oP-R2WBjfyNUnqBH9HnHHMAFrFldD63Q4UIEFU_8PUGGEF9X7Vj_ouRj8OKxFXE_suPoGL9x_QW6bSF0NG9RbmzMg3YNzSckb5zIMWKhCfcPcwWcGYRxCOVo12-Gf7LXKUC8u8KBud00YxnWiU3_BEEFIgvcAywXpjsnt8kFjhQkoftrcgo2DyPWFAC1JHvXLlvDCRdF_JXLWfs2ddU8JnliNAY2LKkjaIWJeXDwmT4rquJSxQsBCTPMXQ0LuQi4B6iVasrGNtM3zrwkFbiiU5QMSwnhCdd2bsiWn85jtB8U0Sh9u8oer0Mt-p99rTtyWxcTb7HtoNwkpJ9xvFWlQCszDbkJA2W9ODi9M4hvRtBmXdmeOVNMGYQnK8lDh2izpQR_I4_p3O-XrAVGflACy5p7n_NyggoO_NNelKOB5NmNI1Ug_jlTWqCc81lJwGUDgBHJvqeYhgoCdzM9VVFGbO33d9doAfGUJ0Crwj6denW1lYHn8nvlGuIhcxTD31jbRq0HwkYSfqw=w567-h756-no

and
mjtFYtbFnxMOT4wLhxQ83Fji4KnP9oPGLmyXUOsW6mYZc42NkXKhtHqp-7lg_fwhaeU_Tyy-oVbHOqJfEfDq4i5ao7PBYbuVi9vop4iKnUYLLXRF5hTHvhG5MiATTwdeHuWa2Nk_bbEnL0oDi0R44UPt3tZ75NExBvaWxxf5FY3XuHyTn-vBWf6FPdKXKzlvxxZUv6P3Qeo0nHr3flQ6XFHhYjM8SCXaW_uQb-7qXRxraSgE0i0f7XyWGSG9ov83_L0_rfyrQs5WxvFodBPSZpGuEoTzKCXxYmHaIJkbKrXCtHkgVLvYTv19w2ubR03DVp8AWEuVUqJNISvJbNv5pZk6Iplc_deYr_WXPQuD0K5EERdutI9MCE39VAVfI7o4s1pM8P-bBdyKTB2pVQVHC89YNfRst5WmdMcEiR4FkGaGiqPFdm9_NAj8eE2HAeBNv39aXg9Oik-cCEgx0XNB6jRAHlCY9OBH7hqLIrQHps6UsuzCpBEFlBsVNthZkwCy1nEXyTccYuoF2rtWsR7VwiPo-1dDhpDvc0qBZRDPQ12uIsDh5LLknuhkhC5AYZOTs23MqTM8jNkNwMaBKUiUbHZpPVDNPNrGq353ff2K2pbG3nb69i3OxlSgZQ0jedD-sy7Q07G1-Ql4Dwm8fnZsCnSISnJi4RTGdJJsFyqCs29RGvD0dQ52iak=w567-h756-no
:stars2:

Now that that's fixed, what is the Ω of the coils your using, and what 18650 battery(s)?(brand/model #)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad you got it worked out. Tons of knowledge here at Vu so make sure you stick around :bliss:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad you got it worked out. Tons of knowledge here at Vu so make sure you stick around :bliss:
Before you know it he may learn something to teach us.
No one is a full out expert on all things vaping.
We have all gotten our vape knowledge from others and from personal experience.

Well maybe a reviewer or two think they are :)

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
You all are amazing. Thank you, so much, for your help. <3 I'm going to definitely be getting a new vape soon, I'm going to be coming HERE for recommendations. You guys ROCK!
You definitely need a second mod. That way next time there is a problem you won’t need to rush because you have a backup. Being a broke college student you should check the clearance sections of these online vendors for a new mod. There are some great mods dirt cheap if you look at some of these clearance sections. The vaping industry moves so fast that mods with all the features you’d want and very well made get pushed into clearance after a year or so and they’re just as good or sometimes better then the newest things being sold. Anyway congrats on the fix and getting into vaping, also when your ready there will be plenty of folks to guide you to a great backup mod.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Glad you found a solution - I love my old 60W iSticks - they are not sexy, but a solid old school mod. Mine are over 4 years old and I still use them daily

VU Sponsors