Become a Patron!

Beer FA

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The FA site suggests 2-3% so...

FA Beer 3%
49/49 (2% DW) 17% mg. VT

(Purchased from DIY Vapor Supply (rebottled) http://www.diyvaporsupply.com/beer-fa/)

The FA site flavor description contained only the suggested percentage and I was expecting perhaps a simple European style lager beer flavor. Other than 1-2 exhales where I perceived a very faint megaswill light lager sweet flavor, I got no beer flavor at all. The predominant sensation was a lasting tingling in the mouth slightly similar to the faint alcohol bite of an American standard larger. No other malt or hop flavor characteristics at all.

While I will try it again (@ 5%), I am a bit concerned that the not so pleasant tingling mentioned will also proportionally increase.

beer.jpg

Ron
---
"He was a wise man who invented beer."- Plato

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was going to say the same lowering it seems like the best way to go even 1.5% or 1%

Since my sampling at 2% was not too encouraging, you have convinced me to try my next level at 1.3%.

8eec5272-68cb-4f62-a736-fa116c791d4f.jpg

In a freshly cleaned Griffin RTA (with new coils & Koh Gen Do) I gave it a spin at levels between 15-45 watts. (The power level did not really make a difference) While I did get a touch more of a (stale) light megaswill lager beer flavor, from puff to puff it remained very faint to totally non existent. I believe this was primarily due to my aforementioned mouth tingling being reduced at this lower flavor level.

Ron
---
“A man cannot understand the art he is studying if he only looks for the end result without taking the time to delve deeply into the reasoning of the study.”― Miyamoto Musashi

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Ron :) I'm just sitting here vaping Lemon Grass from Flavorah. :D I must say this is one unique flavor. Its a nice change.

Hmmm...I have had Lemon Grass flavored beer. Maybe it's addition to FA Beer will cause 2+2=5! :idea:

I say that as I am vaping the FA Beer @ 1.3% now and I might as well be vaping unflavored base. No beer flavor or other properties at all.

:sarcasm: On the Plus Side...I will admit the FA Beer is not a coil gunker.

Ron
---
“There is nothing quite so useless as doing with great efficiency something that should not be done at all.” - Peter Drucker

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hmmm...I have had Lemon Grass flavored beer. Maybe it's addition to FA Beer will cause 2+2=5! :idea:

I say that as I am vaping the FA Beer @ 1.3% now and I might as well be vaping unflavored base. No beer flavor or other properties at all.

:sarcasm: On the Plus Side...I will admit the FA Beer is not a coil gunker.

Ron
---
“There is nothing quite so useless as doing with great efficiency something that should not be done at all.” - Peter Drucker
I was thinking the same thing about mixing the Lemon Grass with the beer. It does have a splendid gingery bite to it ;) Sounds like you're going to 5% on the beer buddy :)

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like you're going to 5% on the beer buddy :)

I might as well crank up the flavoring...I have nothing to lose! :sad:

With so many other things to sample, I'm thinking the higher % mix will be moved to the back burner...

Ron
---
"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting."- Buddha

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well...I upped the flavor to 5% on 4/10/16, put a new 1.05 ohm coil on a Uwell Crown and and gave it a try today.

The increased % did not bring out a beer or any aforementioned flavors. I have nothing to lose to increase the % to the 8-9% level. If that helps I will report here. If not...I'm done.

Ron
---
"How awful the knowledge of the truth can be"- Sophocles (Oedipus Rex)

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm thinking that flavor has lost its punch. Expired perhaps ?

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm thinking that flavor has lost its punch. Expired perhaps ?

It could be old. I got it rebottled around 3 months ago and who knows how long the vendor had it. There's no expiration date on the bottle.

Ron
---
"To all my little Hulkamaniacs, say your prayers, take your vitamins and you will never go wrong."- Hulk Hogan

StanleySpadowski

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The FA site suggests 2-3% so...

FA Beer 3%
49/49 (2% DW) 17% mg. VT

(Purchased from DIY Vapor Supply (rebottled) http://www.diyvaporsupply.com/beer-fa/)

The FA site flavor description contained only the suggested percentage and I was expecting perhaps a simple European style lager beer flavor. Other than 1-2 exhales where I perceived a very faint megaswill light lager sweet flavor, I got no beer flavor at all. The predominant sensation was a lasting tingling in the mouth slightly similar to the faint alcohol bite of an American standard larger. No other malt or hop flavor characteristics at all.

While I will try it again (@ 5%), I am a bit concerned that the not so pleasant tingling mentioned will also proportionally increase.

View attachment 45868

Ron
---
"He was a wise man who invented beer."- Plato
When I got screwed over by a local chain shop and was bummed out about not being willing to give them any more money therefore losing out on a huge selection of premium juice to choose from I happened to stumble onto the DIY Vapor Supply site. I had been researching DIY for a good month by then and was considering trying DIY for myself but really didn't know where or how to start. I happened to be in Detroit that weekend and decided to go check out the shop. The guys there were really cool and helped me get my feet wet with my first round of flavor purchases. I have no idea how many shops like this exist around the country but I feel very lucky to live somewhere so close to a shop like this. I noticed your link and just felt like sharing the story. Have fun and keep mixing!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol. I dunno man, I'm kinda thinking that 2% TFA Jalapeno might even cover up 10% of FA stale beer, I mean joy.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lol. I dunno man, I'm kinda thinking that 2% TFA Jalapeno might even cover up 10% of FA stale beer, I mean joy.

Yikes! :eek:

Your recipe suggestion has got me shaking like a freshly shaved Chihuahua !

When I want a beer vape, I think I'm going to stick with Jimi D and Flavorah Yakima.

Ron
---
"By knowing things that exist, you can know that which does not exist."- Miyamoto Musashi

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yikes! :eek:

Your recipe suggestion has got me shaking like a freshly shaved Chihuahua !

When I want a beer vape, I think I'm going to stick with Jimi D and Flavorah Yakima.

Ron
---
"By knowing things that exist, you can know that which does not exist."- Miyamoto Musashi
LOL !!!! I have a 25mm Troll RDA coming. Gonna throw in some Yakima at 3%. It's going to be 1985 at the beach funnel parties again! :giggle:

VU Sponsors