*** Before you copy and repost a recipe, please read this ***

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey guys. Sorry for the confusion. I'd been away from my computer until a couple of hours ago (re-did the floors in my office last night so comp I did not have the opportunity to check on anything.

I was the one that re-posted a ton of the recipes from here to the Reddit DiY_Ejuice sub. Pretty obvious if you follow the crumb trail. (nevermind just finished reading all responses and see you guys noted that already).

I did this only in the effort to bolster the extremely sad 'FA Recipe Thread' that was over there. I was in no way attempting to steer traffic away from VU. Just the opposite really. A reddit user turned me onto VU and I was hoping to turn on fellow Redditors to VU (if you search my post history on Reddit you'll see me link dozens of people here for information over the last 30 days since I discovered this forum).

I should have sought out permission from HIC before I did so looking back. At the time, I just didn't think about it. I have been compiling recipes for months for that sub and linking every single one of them back to the location it was originally posted from (in this case VU). If you click the name of the recipe, it links back to the OP and that was clearly stated in the original post on reddit that has been linked here already.

I will say that I did note at the start of the thread that all posts were coming from Vaping Underground and provided the link to here. Every recipe added additionally linked back to the OP directly here on VU (I noted that in the OP as well). I would never plagiarize or steal someone else's work, there's no point to that. I give credit where credit is due and acknowledge that I should have requested permission ahead of time.

Thread in question.

As soon as I saw HIC sent me a message here and responded on Reddit as well, I updated his quote to the OP as he requested. Sorry guys, didn't feel like I was overstepping anything here, just trying to get some people to follow the bread crumbs back to here as well as provide more recipe options for DiY'ers out there that haven't yet discovered VU.

I can't say I'm sorry enough to HIC personally and expressed that in a PM about 2 hours ago as well. I meant no offense what so ever. To others besides HIC who's recipes were cross-posted, if you would like me to add any additional comments on your behalf, please feel free to let me know.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
given that it is apparent that he gets a lot of his recipes from this site and others instead of developing his own.
Now that, I take offense to. Find one of my recipes that slightly resembles another posted recipe. None of my recipes are even slight variations of others I've found. You can see a chunk of my recipe contributions in the recipe thread here as well as all over reddit.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think I have issue with the fact you said you wouldn't post your own final mixes, but shared all of ours with the list of ingredients & percentages instead of simply linking to VU or saying that there were a ton here. Who needs to click a hot link when it's all right there?

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think I have issue with the fact you said you wouldn't post your own final mixes, but shared all of ours with the list of ingredients & percentages instead of simply linking to VU or saying that there were a ton here. Who needs to click a hot link when it's all right there?

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

I wasn't aware that the all of the recipes being posted here are part of a commercial line of juice for sale? I thought they weren't but please correct me if I'm wrong. I post tasty mixes, and a lot of what I post is very very close with juices that I will be marketing. It's typically just a slight percentage adjustment or additive that makes the difference between something I've posted that tastes phenomenal and the juice I intend to sell. I don't know about you, but I don't know any vendor out there that posts their recipes publicly.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wasn't aware that the all of the recipes being posted here are part of a commercial line of juice for sale? I thought they weren't but please correct me if I'm wrong. I post tasty mixes, and a lot of what I post is very very close with juices that I will be marketing. It's typically just a slight percentage adjustment or additive that makes the difference between something I've posted that tastes phenomenal and the juice I intend to sell. I don't know about you, but I don't know any vendor out there that posts their recipes publicly.

You never know here who might decide to actually sell their juice. They generously share their finished recipes, and of course there's an unspoken code of honor You've been mixing since this summer (according to your post on Reddit), and yet you've already decided this is going to be your meal ticket. You can't possibly be surprised at the reactions here, if you actually stop and think about it.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You never know here who might decide to actually sell their juice. They generously share their finished recipes, and of course there's an unspoken code of honor You've been mixing since this summer (according to your post on Reddit), and yet you've already decided this is going to be your meal ticket. You can't possibly be surprised at the reactions here, if you actually stop and think about it.

Honestly, I AM a bit surprised. I always felt like the DiY community enjoyed sharing information with one another. All I've done is taken information in one location, added a portion of it elsewhere and told people where to find the full information (while promoting the hell out of the original location).

I don't think this is my meal ticket by any means, but I see it as an opportunity to at the very least cover the costs of my hobby (everything I ever do somehow turns into a business venture before I'm done with it). I got into mixing juice because I got sick of spending $1/ml like many others have. For me personally generic juice just didn't cut it, it tasted like crap to me. I decided to get into mixing to mix for myself. It wasn't until after spending 1.5 months of mixing ~4 hours a day or more and scouring forums that I discovered that I had actually made something that was original and that tasted really good. After that happened about a half dozen more times, I started to analyze the business angle of it. In terms of not posting final recipes, there's an angle to that I haven't gone in to but I intended to drop 'subtle hints' via the descriptions of my juices on my website about some of the key ingredients as a way to please the DiY'er.

Once again, I'm not here to argue and say that what I did was right. In hindsight, I most certainly should have asked permission first. I didn't and for that I apologize.

HIC messaged me here and on Reddit and asked me to put his quote in there, directing people here for more information on the finished work. I was more than happy to comply and apologized to him for not seeking permission ahead of time.

If the owners of VU or HIC would prefer, I will happily take the post down. After all, I meant absolutely zero offense.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If the owners of VU or HIC would prefer, I will happily take the post down. After all, I meant absolutely zero offense.
Decided to go ahead and preempt this and have gone ahead and removed all notes/recipes and instead now it just contains the name of the recipe and a link to the OP on VU. Feel free to check it out.

EDIT: All Content has been removed from this post except for the recipe name and the link back to it's OP on VU. Same can be said for the Flavor Reviews that I informed HIC of in my PM earlier.

Link: Recipes

Link: Flavor Reviews

If you want it deleted entirely instead, please let me know.

Last edited:

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally you could have handled this a lot better. You could have

- come over here and invited people to post their recipes on reddit because there were no FA ones.

- you could have posted a link to vu where the recipes are

-you could have asked permission first

- you could have just dropped a note telling if anyone was interested to go check out VU because they had a great DIY section and then they could have contributed as well.

It all felt really sneaky and double handed especially after you wrote you didn't want to post much over there and decided this was where you wanted to be.

Everyone has given some great finished recipes and they do so to help and teach people like myself . I find it insulting that you do what you have and then post your recipes wanting help so you can sell them and leave us with your not so great juice.

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Decided to go ahead and preempt this and have gone ahead and removed all notes/recipes and instead now it just contains the name of the recipe and a link to the OP on VU. Feel free to check it out.

If you want it deleted entirely instead, please let me know. (still updating it)
Thank you. While I don't mind, and rather like sharing recipes, this is our little community where we banter and use each other as sounding boards, so the original way that you'd posted our stuff on Reddit felt like it had removed all personality from what we'd shared here. It also looked as though you're motives were somehow questionable. I figured that you probably just wanted to spread the word, but we've become a pretty tight knit group, and it kind of blindsided some of us.

My major problem with it was that you didn't think to ask any of us how we felt about being copypasta on Reddit. For that you apologized, and I appreciate your redaction of the actual recipes. Hopefully, forcing people to click on the recipes will build our community, and will give them the opportunity for open dialogue with the recipe creators, if they wish.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Personally you could have handled this a lot better. You could have

- come over here and invited people to post their recipes on reddit because there were no FA ones.
I just figured I'd save people the trouble. I acknowledge this was a mistake.
- you could have posted a link to vu where the recipes are
Do you mean post on VU that I cross posted them? I guess I could have done that. Didn't even cross my mind to be honest.
-you could have asked permission first
And I should have.
- you could have just dropped a note telling if anyone was interested to go check out VU because they had a great DIY section and then they could have contributed as well.
Have done this a few times.
It all felt really sneaky and double handed especially after you wrote you didn't want to post much over there and decided this was where you wanted to be.

Everyone has given some great finished recipes and they do so to help and teach people like myself . I find it insulting that you do what you have and then post your recipes wanting help so you can sell them and leave us with your not so great juice.

I apologize if it felt sneaky. I have done my best since the second I realized it caused a problem to remedy the situation. I clearly wasn't thinking 'proprietary, copywrite, or anything of that line. I was just trying to share HIC's and others, amazing creations with more DIY'ers.

All information has been removed from reddit and now, the thread simply contains names of recipes linking back to the OP's on VU.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you. While I don't mind, and rather like sharing recipes, this is our little community where we banter and use each other as sounding boards, so the original way that you'd posted our stuff on Reddit felt like it had removed all personality from what we'd shared here. It also looked as though you're motives were somehow questionable. I figured that you probably just wanted to spread the word, but we've a pretty tight knit group, and it kind of blindsided some of us.

My major problem with it was that you didn't think to ask any of us how we felt about being copypasta on Reddit. For that you apologized, and I appreciate your redaction of the actual recipes. Hopefully, forcing people to click on the recipes will build our community, and will give them the opportunity for open dialogue with the recipe creators, if they wish.

Aye once again my apologies. I didn't realize how tight nit this community was. Beginning to see that now that I finally started to try to read the FA thread in general chat and the late night DIY land. This forum is a much more personal atmosphere than people just posting DiY 'stuff'.

I would very much like to be a part of this forum but understand that I may have done irrepairable harm to my reputation here despite my efforts to remedy the situation.

All I can do now that I have taken measures to remedy the situation is to apologize and ask for forgiveness. Rest assured, it won't happen again :confused:

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Beginning to see that now that I finally started to try to read the FA thread in general chat and the late night DIY land. This forum is a much more personal atmosphere than people just posting DiY 'stuff'.
I was about to suggest you read the 74 page FA thread, if you hadn't already. ;-)

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was about to suggest you read the 74 page FA thread, if you hadn't already. ;-)
Yeah I started on my phone while in bed last night. Think I only made it 10 pages so far but getting there!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
so first of all I want to say is how the damn hell did you post in that fa thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!! mother ef man I have been trying to post there for a damn year........... now that I got that out of my system. the whole problem is you didnt ask people. its not illegal and no one is going to die but its not cool. I actually talked to HIC a couple weeks ago about this very subject. I found one of my recipes on some weird german or russian or something weird vape page. just kinda blew it off but man. I counted 17 recipes of mine. thats a lot. hell if you would have said hey man I can get the FA thread on reddit rolling I would have been all in I randomly post and talk shit over there. different name like an incognito lurker guy. HIC had way more and really its just not ok. I do not believe there were bad intentions just miscommunication so I am willing to squash it since I already have a couple recipes over there anyways. but like you guys said earlier the FA-mily is pretty tight knit.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

there are quiet a few of us that do.. or maybe do.. open source vaping is one.
http://www.opensourcevapor.com

EDIT: All Content has been removed from this post except for the recipe name and the link back to it's OP on VU. Same can be said for the Flavor Reviews that I informed HIC of in my PM earlier.

Link: Recipes

Link: Flavor Reviews

If you want it deleted entirely instead, please let me know.

you need to remove or give credit to the people you have "borrowed" info from as well.. the stickied master file..

http://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/comments/2ehekc/master_flavor_reviews_and_tasting_notes/

Aye once again my apologies. I didn't realize how tight nit this community was. Beginning to see that now that I finally started to try to read the FA thread in general chat and the late night DIY land. This forum is a much more personal atmosphere than people just posting DiY 'stuff'.

I would very much like to be a part of this forum but understand that I may have done irrepairable harm to my reputation here despite my efforts to remedy the situation.

All I can do now that I have taken measures to remedy the situation is to apologize and ask for forgiveness. Rest assured, it won't happen again :confused:

wishing you the best at selling juice..
I know you will be fantastic! ;)

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
there are quiet a few of us that do.. or maybe do.. open source vaping is one.
http://www.opensourcevapor.com

you need to remove or give credit to the people you have "borrowed" info from as well.. the stickied master file..

http://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/comments/2ehekc/master_flavor_reviews_and_tasting_notes/

wishing you the best at selling juice..
I know you will be fantastic! ;)

Thanks Smoky.

I went ahead and just removed everything I had up that wasn't reddit/diy_ejuice originated as far as text goes (left up the name and the link). Still have a couple minor things to remove, one set of Inawera that links back to a few posts from ECF. Everything else that was posted originally outside of reddit and has a source, I have gone ahead and removed all content and just provided links save two random googledocs files that were linked to me on reddit. No idea on the original source of those.

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey guys. Sorry for the confusion. I'd been away from my computer until a couple of hours ago (re-did the floors in my office last night so comp I did not have the opportunity to check on anything.

I was the one that re-posted a ton of the recipes from here to the Reddit DiY_Ejuice sub. Pretty obvious if you follow the crumb trail. (nevermind just finished reading all responses and see you guys noted that already).

I did this only in the effort to bolster the extremely sad 'FA Recipe Thread' that was over there. I was in no way attempting to steer traffic away from VU. Just the opposite really. A reddit user turned me onto VU and I was hoping to turn on fellow Redditors to VU (if you search my post history on Reddit you'll see me link dozens of people here for information over the last 30 days since I discovered this forum).

I should have sought out permission from HIC before I did so looking back. At the time, I just didn't think about it. I have been compiling recipes for months for that sub and linking every single one of them back to the location it was originally posted from (in this case VU). If you click the name of the recipe, it links back to the OP and that was clearly stated in the original post on reddit that has been linked here already.

I will say that I did note at the start of the thread that all posts were coming from Vaping Underground and provided the link to here. Every recipe added additionally linked back to the OP directly here on VU (I noted that in the OP as well). I would never plagiarize or steal someone else's work, there's no point to that. I give credit where credit is due and acknowledge that I should have requested permission ahead of time.

Thread in question.

As soon as I saw HIC sent me a message here and responded on Reddit as well, I updated his quote to the OP as he requested. Sorry guys, didn't feel like I was overstepping anything here, just trying to get some people to follow the bread crumbs back to here as well as provide more recipe options for DiY'ers out there that haven't yet discovered VU.

I can't say I'm sorry enough to HIC personally and expressed that in a PM about 2 hours ago as well. I meant no offense what so ever. To others besides HIC who's recipes were cross-posted, if you would like me to add any additional comments on your behalf, please feel free to let me know.
As long as people quit the analogs. As some one pointed out to me when I had the thought that ejuice vendors would sell my diy concoctions. Some of my recipes have steeped into arse. So mix at your own risk. I get so excited when I vape something I have freshly made and it's wonderful I have to post it. How ever the ones that steeped to arse remain better than anything I have purchased ready made. I thank @HeadInClouds for his inspiration for a new diyer.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so first of all I want to say is how the damn hell did you post in that fa thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!! mother ef man I have been trying to post there for a damn year........... now that I got that out of my system. the whole problem is you didnt ask people. its not illegal and no one is going to die but its not cool. I actually talked to HIC a couple weeks ago about this very subject. I found one of my recipes on some weird german or russian or something weird vape page. just kinda blew it off but man. I counted 17 recipes of mine. thats a lot. hell if you would have said hey man I can get the FA thread on reddit rolling I would have been all in I randomly post and talk shit over there. different name like an incognito lurker guy. HIC had way more and really its just not ok. I do not believe there were bad intentions just miscommunication so I am willing to squash it since I already have a couple recipes over there anyways. but like you guys said earlier the FA-mily is pretty tight knit.

Yeah looking back I realize it definitely was NOT OK for my to do what I did. I don't know why but when I chain vape in front of my computer late at night I just shut my brain off and do things. Usually one of two things, scour forums or jot down random ideas of recipe combinations that might be promising (like citrus mix, hypnotic mist, cucumber and XXXX that i haven't decided on yet). During the course of scouring forums I get annoyed that I can't find all the information I want in one place so at some point I just started putting it all in one place for myself and others. Never thought twice about it.

Once again, my sincerest apologies for the ruckus I started. /grovels

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I am speaking only for myself. Others who post recipes here may or may not agree with me, but I hope they will post their opinions here, too!

It is common courtesy to ASK FIRST before re-posting other people's work elsewhere on the web!

Vapingunderground is where I have chosen to post and maintain my "HIC's" recipes -- because I like it here! This is where my recipe notes, tips, substitute ingredients, and people's comments are all readily available. Having those details together can be important for success with a recipe.

Out of acknowledgement for my choice to use vapingunderground as my "repository", out of common courtesy, and with the hope that DIYers will get all relevant information -- I would appreciate anyone re-posting my recipes (on Reddit or elsewhere else) to ASK me first, please! I would generally prefer that you link back to the original post here, because updates are frequently made - and they exist only here on vapingunderground.
agreed with all of the above. just ask first. link it up to vaping underground to get the detials and Im good. if you cant post VU links then your forum sucks and and you should just kick it here anyways lol...... I like the way you have it edited now

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As long as people quit the analogs. As some one pointed out to me when I had the thought that ejuice vendors would sell my diy concoctions. Some of my recipes have steeped into arse. So mix at your own risk. I get so excited when I vape something I have freshly made and it's wonderful I have to post it. How ever the ones that steeped to arse remain better than anything I have purchased ready made. I thank @HeadInClouds for his inspiration for a new diyer.
Haha yeah that's one of the reasons even though I'll have manufacturing ready to roll by next week, that I won't be launching my line any earlier than December 1 to the public. Some of my favorites for my signature line haven't made it passed a 6 week steep cause I kept vaping them. I have all 10 of mine in a drawer for 4 weeks now but want to give it 3 full months before I'd be comfortable releasing them.

I will also express once again, my sincere gratitude to @HeadInClouds. His thought process with his recipes and his reviews of FA flavors have really taken me to a whole new level. I know I still have a long way to go before I could ever be the next Space Jam, 5 Pawns, Suicide Bunny, etc, but hopefully with time I will get there. In the mean time, I'm content with offering better than average juice at a very fair price (or at least I will be content with that in 2-3 months).

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You are hilarious LOL

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes, this was one of the things that was particularly irritating.
Removed everything except for the name of the flavor which contains the link to the review. My theory on credit was that it was in the link (and I said in the OP that the original review could be found through the link), but I see the failure now in that line of thinking since there was virtually no reason for someone to click on the link.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Removed everything except for the name of the flavor which contains the link to the review. My theory on credit was that it was in the link (and I said in the OP that the original review could be found through the link), but I see the failure now in that line of thinking since there was virtually no reason for someone to click on the link.

For some reason I'm still seeing the whole review (which happens to be one of HICs), like this one:

Flavour Art (FA) Part 4

• Gin - 2-4%. I have an aversion to actual gin, so I avoided this flavoring for a long time. It is the very realistic aroma and flavor of actual gin. However - despite my aversion to real gin - this flavoring surprised me by becoming one of my favorite additions to fruity vapes. If you like vaping fruit flavors, FA Gin really belongs in your collection - even if you don't drink alcohol. Adding 1% FA Gin makes light fruit flavors bright and summery; it adds spark to darker fruits and berries; it enhances all the citrus flavors. Using 2% or more Gin with fruits can make perfect vape-replicas of cocktails. Just look online at bartender recipes for inspiration (google 'gin cocktails' for a good start.) Combined with some fruits, even 2% Gin can give you a non-alcohol flavor. 2% Gin, 1% Lime Tahiti, 1% Cherry reminds me more of soda or tonic water than a mixed drink. 2-4% FA Gin standalone is a superb flavor match for good gin (but recommended only if you enjoy real gin).
  • Green Tea - 3% This is a very earthy flavor that doesn't appeal to me at all, like vaping garden soil with a bit of vegetation. I've found no use for it at all. FA makes such a perfect Black Tea that this Green Tea is a major disappointment in comparison. If you want good green tea flavor, I suggest TFA's version.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For some reason I'm still seeing the whole review (which happens to be one of HICs), like this one:

Flavour Art (FA) Part 4

• Gin - 2-4%. I have an aversion to actual gin, so I avoided this flavoring for a long time. It is the very realistic aroma and flavor of actual gin. However - despite my aversion to real gin - this flavoring surprised me by becoming one of my favorite additions to fruity vapes. If you like vaping fruit flavors, FA Gin really belongs in your collection - even if you don't drink alcohol. Adding 1% FA Gin makes light fruit flavors bright and summery; it adds spark to darker fruits and berries; it enhances all the citrus flavors. Using 2% or more Gin with fruits can make perfect vape-replicas of cocktails. Just look online at bartender recipes for inspiration (google 'gin cocktails' for a good start.) Combined with some fruits, even 2% Gin can give you a non-alcohol flavor. 2% Gin, 1% Lime Tahiti, 1% Cherry reminds me more of soda or tonic water than a mixed drink. 2-4% FA Gin standalone is a superb flavor match for good gin (but recommended only if you enjoy real gin).
  • Green Tea - 3% This is a very earthy flavor that doesn't appeal to me at all, like vaping garden soil with a bit of vegetation. I've found no use for it at all. FA makes such a perfect Black Tea that this Green Tea is a major disappointment in comparison. If you want good green tea flavor, I suggest TFA's version.
Refresh?

Flavour Art (FA) Part 4

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well sir, if you hit the big time it will be wonderful to see a royalties check in the mail when I am in my eighties. Co's I will now live that long because I no longer smoke. You can use my recipes all you like. Don't you forget the little Ole chickenmonkey.
Haha, if I ever thought of using someones recipe I would definitely approach them first and come to some sort of arrangement. I've only had time to make a very few of what's posted here. I have to admit I LOVE HIC's Cocoa Cookies, unfortunately as he states, the cocoa doesn't work out so well at higher power levels (I almost died trying to prove him wrong @ 45w on my atlas) or this would be something I would have had to talk to him about! (not that he would want to deal with me after this F*** up anyways.)...

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Haha, if I ever thought of using someones recipe I would definitely approach them first and come to some sort of arrangement. I've only had time to make a very few of what's posted here. I have to admit I LOVE HIC's Cocoa Cookies, unfortunately as he states, the cocoa doesn't work out so well at higher power levels or this would be something I would have had to talk to him about! (not that he would want to deal with me after this F*** up anyways.)...
Nah he is cool. Everyone makes mistakes. It's those that don't learn from them that is a problem.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No. But the link I posted previously with all the flavor reviews does (I just tried it on a different browser to be sure).
Weird, it's showing redacted for me now, not sure what else to do, maybe just a weird reddit delay or something?

bkkdaytrader

Member For 4 Years
I gotta come clean on this as I feeling a little guilty about this. I have a recipe website and have been posting recipes from here and elsewhere. I always ( 99% of the time anyway) post only the ingredients and the % used and include credit to the user and the site where I got it from.

HIC did gave me his permission to post his stuff and I have been posting his recipes only (ingredients and %'s) --anyone wanting to know more can easily contact him here. Having said that.. I have not asked anyone else for permission and quite frankly have followed the "industry standard/best practices" for re-posting non-copywrited material.--That is to provide attribution to the source of information. Please Pm me if you want your recipes removed.

Having all these recipes has really helped me to become a better mixer. I tag all ingredients so that by clicking on the tag strawberry for example--i will see all the recipes that have strawberry--then can click drill down further by clicking vanilla and I will get all the recipes that have strawberry and vanilla etc... I'm not here to promote my site nor do I have any plans of selling juices but the more recipes I have the more able I am to come up with my own mixtures..

Maybe a suggestion to recipe posters would be to add a bit to your signatures---"As a Common Courtesy please ask my permission before re-posting my recipe elsewhere" or something to that effect..

I don't post my site link here nor do I ask people to post on my site as I consider that spam and disrespectful to the site owner.
Re-posting recipes is a way of getting a wider audience and as long as credit and source is given I don't see any harm done.

There's a lot more I would like to say but I sitting at work and losing focus but wanted to get this out ASAP...
Thrash me as you like...

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just deleted those threads with your reviews in their entirety. Refresh and check again for me? I can always repost just the links, more work but rather not have this be an ongoing issue.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
mine just shows the flavor art stuff in blue links to VU

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Had something to do with cache pages/browsing history I'm guessing. It should all be gone now.

I'll re-upload just the links (assuming based on HIC's PM's that he's ok with that) at a later date (sometime before next week when I get all of my other flavors in!)

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
and now they are gone lol

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Maybe a suggestion to recipe posters would be to add a bit to your signatures---"As a Common Courtesy please ask my permission before re-posting my recipe elsewhere" or something to that effect..

There's a lot more I would like to say but I sitting at work and losing focus but wanted to get this out ASAP...
Thrash me as you like...

I thought about adding a note like that. I don't really want to take the time, and if I were the only one with a message on every single recipe, I'd look like some kinda control freak. (now guys, keep that smart retort you're thinking in your own head, lol!)

bk - you asked me, I agreed, no problem as far as I'm concerned.
(to the curious: @bkkdaytrader produced a cool application that's useful to all DIY'ers -- that was not just a copy/paste situation)

Last edited:

bkkdaytrader

Member For 4 Years
"I tag all ingredients so that by clicking on the tag strawberry for example--i will see all the recipes that have strawberry--then can click drill down further by clicking vanilla and I will get all the recipes that have strawberry and vanilla etc..."

Seems like my tag drill down feature is not working as I thought it did--I will try to fix it

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Everyone - links to anything I wrote or posted anywhere are always fine with me - no notification needed.

@Botboy141 your Reddit changes satisfy me, and I'm glad you took care of it. (I still see all my descriptions, but it'll eventually update here, too)
As far as I'm concerned, I accept your apology. Thank you.
My residual uneasiness will fade as you share your own stuff here.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Everyone - links to anything I wrote or posted anywhere are always fine with me - no notification needed.

@Botboy141 your Reddit changes satisfy me, and I'm glad you took care of it. (I still see all my descriptions, but it'll eventually update here, too)
As far as I'm concerned, I accept your apology. Thank you.
My residual uneasiness will fade as you share your own stuff here.

I've already made the decision to share at least one of the recipes for the juices I'll be releasing in December as another token of my sincerest apologies for violating this community so. Just trying to pick which one, will post it up here shortly, have one last variation that's steeping this week but I'm fairly sure I already have the one I want. Unless somehow this other is better...

It'll be posted hopefully by the end of next week, as well as a lot of the other recipe concepts I have jotted down that are still in their infancy, vapable yes, tasty yes, perfected no, works in progress.

I thank you deeply for your forgiveness.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Now that, I take offense to. Find one of my recipes that slightly resembles another posted recipe. None of my recipes are even slight variations of others I've found. You can see a chunk of my recipe contributions in the recipe thread here as well as all over reddit.
Unfortunately, I had read your thread about how to make money selling your brand and then read this one and the last time I had looked at the recipes section was this weekend and I hadn't seen your name on any recipes.
I now see that Monday night you posted about 14 recipes, so I will say that I stand corrected, but at the time the statement was reasonable given that you really hadn't contributed any recipes before Sunday night (1).

That being said, I personally feel like you have come back to the issue and resolved it admirably. I look forward to seeing more from you, and no, I don't expect you to post your flavor providers or exact percentages given that you are starting to go into business to sell your line, any more than I'd expect other commecial brands to do so.

Bill

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I am still thinking on this..

yes, it was wrong, regardless of intent.. and there were a lot of harsh things said/typed..
we all have said more than enough on all of this, including myself..

today is a new day, and actions speak louder than anything else.

hopefully we all learned at least a bit from this and can move on.
Life is so short to worry, when there is still plenty of good vapes to get our vape on! :)

VU Sponsors