Become a Patron!

Beginner flavour chasing builds!!

Hi everyone I'm a beginner builder and I'm wondering what the best flavour build would be without getting to crazy with the twisting and the claptons and such, I have a mutation x V4 and a velocity I'm thinking of putting these builds into my mutation as it gives better flavour imo. Thanks!!

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Ive been doing a dual vertical macro build (3mm inner) with my velocity and ive been getting great flavor so far :)

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
For the juice I make (70vg/30pg) and in the flavor I like I have found a simple 28ga./ single coil/ dual parallel works great for me at .7 ohms. in the Magma rda and about the same in the Legion rda. However if I put the same build in my Trident it doesn't do well at all, it seems to like a twisted 28ga. single coil at around 1.1 ohms to get the best flavor for me. The Holmes rda and Quasar are both different than the previous as well.

I had to play around until I found the sweet spot for each rda in order to get the warmth and flavor that I like. All of my builds are on unregulated single 18650 mech. mods. with acrylic tips.

BornToDie423

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My favorite flavor build is in a vortice. 26g macro vertical sleeper coil. Made with kanthal A1. 6/5 wrap. Comes out about .2 ohms. With a velocity, try what drackeo suggested. Verticals are nice. I one put quad verticals in a mutation v2. That was some awesome flavor.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Claptons are a pain, Helixing can be a little tricky, Parallel more annoying than anything (IMO). But, Twisting, naw easy and worthwhile sometimes. Twisting will basically drop your wire 2 gauges, twisted 26g becomes like 24g for wraps and resistance, but it performs a bit cooler. This is good sometimes as single wires may run too hot for some desired builds, being able to cool them down is helpful.

As for doing it just grab something to wrap the center of the wire around (I use a paper clip, not the trombones but the actual clips and wrap around the handle) then grab both ends in pliers and twist the thing you're using to hold the folded end (so in my case the paper clip). I can twist up enough for a coil in about a minute, it's nothing to be intimidated by.

Just thought it was worth mentioning. Personally i found some of my desired builds were just too hot, everything else was right but the heat lead to burnt cotton and a burnt throat if I took too long of a pull. Twisted up some higher gauge wire and did the same coil more or less and it was perfect.

Sorry if not completely on point but thought it was worth saying as while many of the fancy things are tough twisting is no more difficult than wrapping a sing wire into a coil, hell it's easier.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've heard great things about dual parallels. Never tried a parallel in dual setup myself tho. Helix is good flavor in my opinion but can be a very warm to hot vape. Still like them myself. Currently running a fused clapton. My second I've done and I love this coil. I used a fishing swivel nailed to a board. Looped in some 24g and used the drill to spin 34 around it. Makes is super easy to do. Without the swivel claptons are near impossible to me. Nice right wraps & GrimmGreen has a nice video tutorial using a swivel.

Calls To Action! casaa.org

VU Sponsors