Become a Patron!

Beginner help

Just got a mod box and im really confused on ohms and watts I should be running my box at, I just don't understand the numbers if someone could explain it in a simple way I would appreciate it by the way I have a xcube2 with kengar subtank mini with 0.5 coil, 80/20 juice on the box its set to 0.17 and 27.0 watts I don't use the box for the nicotine its for the vaper any help I would appreciate.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, on the below picture, you'll see in the bottom left of the screen (screen not picture rotate your head if needed :p) There is a 0.00Ω, that's your ohms which is your resistance level. That should read 0.50Ω with your tank on there, or at least something close. If it's not remove the tank from the device, then hold down the firing bar for a second (it'll flash check atomizer) then put the tank back on and fire it again, it'll ask if it's a new coil, hit the button for "Y" and then check that resistance again. If the "0.17" you mention is that resistance level and it doesn't change after replacing the tank like I said, try a new coil as you may have a tweaked wire in there causing a lower resistance to be read.

The big number in the middle will be your wattage.

As for what you should be using, well that's between you and the coil. Each coilhead has a range it's able to perform well in, too high of wattage and you'll end up with burnt cotton, too low and maybe it doesn't vaporize the juice. Just fiddle with it until you enjoy it. Personally I'll regularly adjust my wattage up and down for various reasons.

SMOK-X-Cube-2-display1-550x310.jpg

IMG_0037.JPG IMG_0038.JPG
This what it is showing now the lowest the ohms will go is 0.57 and highest is 0.62 but I can taste it better just cannot hit it for as long because of the throat sting ill guess that's the nicotine because I usually use it with 0mg so ill try it with 0mg and reply with an update I appreciate the help. Also is there anywhere I could find like a breakdown of how the ohms, watts and volts should be with what type of coils and modbox if there is such a thing I just want to understand this a little more.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Each coil will have a recommended wattage, either on the package or sometimes the coil itself. I know I used to run the Atlantis .5Ω coil at 35-55w depending (once they break in I'd go a little higher but usually started at 35w). As for volts, your mod you don't have to worry about that you'll be choosing watts or temperatures not volts, so not something you have to be worried about

But, if you want to know things there are 2 formulas you want to learn.

Ohm's Law: Amps = Voltage / Resistance
And power: Wattage = Amps * Voltage

But with a regulated mod you don't really have to worry about all this stuff, they're made to make this easy and safe for people. You just choose a wattage and go. Choosing a coil will be what you want to do. Lower resistance generally you use higher wattage, higher resistance and lower wattage. So a .5Ω may be around 40watts, where if you went to a .3Ω coil you may want to be at around 60w and a 1.2Ω coil maybe stick around 15w. Something like that.

Each coil will have a recommended wattage, either on the package or sometimes the coil itself. I know I used to run the Atlantis .5Ω coil at 35-55w depending (once they break in I'd go a little higher but usually started at 35w). As for volts, your mod you don't have to worry about that you'll be choosing watts or temperatures not volts, so not something you have to be worried about

But, if you want to know things there are 2 formulas you want to learn.

Ohm's Law: Amps = Voltage / Resistance
And power: Wattage = Amps * Voltage

But with a regulated mod you don't really have to worry about all this stuff, they're made to make this easy and safe for people. You just choose a wattage and go. Choosing a coil will be what you want to do. Lower resistance generally you use higher wattage, higher resistance and lower wattage. So a .5Ω may be around 40watts, where if you went to a .3Ω coil you may want to be at around 60w and a 1.2Ω coil maybe stick around 15w. Something like that.

Thanks this really helped me understand it more.

VU Sponsors