Become a Patron!

Beginner Vaper OIF Vet requesting help with getting a mod

My name is Tim. I recently decided to quit smoking. My brother has successfully been off ciggs for two years since he started vaping. I tried his vape and cant believe how it satisfied my craving with smoke that tastes like fruit loops. He let me borrow his vape for a week and im stuck. I really want to do this. I feel like I can breathe better and feel better after just a week off cigarettes. My problem is I cant afford to buy a mod. I can pick up on how he twists wire and cotton to smoke the juice and online the juice is cheap enough but putting out $50 plus to buy the equipment is unrealistic in our budget with having kids and a newborn. Is it a possibility to ask for help in getting a device?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
i prefer cigarettes instead of vaping

@armanhibbert720 Why in the world would you come here and post that? Are you just a troublemaker?

@tcookj in the Trading Post forum, there is a Pay-It-Forward section where members post various vape-related stuff they have on offer to help someone either get started or stay going with supplies. I'd suggest that you keep your eyes open and check there often, perhaps there will be something available soon.

Also, it doesn't necessarily have to cost $50 to get started. I just bought an iJoy Mercury pod kit on clearance from vapeNW.com for $6.99 plus shipping, which would be an additional $5. It comes with two coils and an internal battery and charging cable, all you'd need to add is eliquid. It won't be the same as a full size rig, but I have all kinds of vape gear, and these Mercury units vape well and the coils are good. They have good flavor and put out enough vapor, would be good for a person just switching over from smokes. Packs of 5 additional coils are $5.99 on that same site.

You'll get more feedback if you'll hang around a little while, ask questions, do some reading, let members here get to know you a bit.

Good luck, and welcome to VU!

Last edited:

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My name is Tim. I recently decided to quit smoking. My brother has successfully been off ciggs for two years since he started vaping. I tried his vape and cant believe how it satisfied my craving with smoke that tastes like fruit loops. He let me borrow his vape for a week and im stuck. I really want to do this. I feel like I can breathe better and feel better after just a week off cigarettes. My problem is I cant afford to buy a mod. I can pick up on how he twists wire and cotton to smoke the juice and online the juice is cheap enough but putting out $50 plus to buy the equipment is unrealistic in our budget with having kids and a newborn. Is it a possibility to ask for help in getting a device?
Congrats on wanting to make the switch, you'll be doing something that's significantly less harmless than cigarettes and since you mentioned a newborn, sounds like the perfect time.

When talking about vaping we don't use the term smoke, nothing we do creates smoke, only vapor. Just a word of advice since our industry is a little vulnerable atm.

If I had a spare regulated mod to offer you I would, but I vape mostly mech mods which require some experience. There are a lot of good people on here and I have a feeling someone will be along to offer something to help you.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to the underground!! Which is quite above board actually :D

What is the device you've been using that you like so much?

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's all @nadalama 's fault. :giggle: :giggle:

Edit - J/K, it's the dipshit above replying to a post over a year old saying he prefers cigarettes that got this started.

Last edited:

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
It's all @nadalama 's fault. :giggle: :giggle:

Edit - J/K, it's the dipshit above replying to a post over a year old saying he prefers cigarettes that got this started.

nice CTA, but i owned yaa !

maybe the guy will get emails and come back. would be interesting to see what happened.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
$50 for a vape setup is less than the cost of a carton of smokes most everywhere.
Edit: And only 5 packs of smokes many places in the US.
In 2 weeks or less you would be saving money vs smoking.

In a month Take some money saved and buy a backup system.
Money saved there on out.

Last edited:

516_vaper_li

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

send me your info. I'll send you something.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
send me your info. I'll send you something.

I should have paid attention to the date of the original post. It's old. Don't be surprised if you don't hear from OP. Sorry 'bout that.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
WHOA, WELCOME TO 2018

No, no, no, ... everyone knows it's either January one twenty thirty eight, or January one nineteen seventy. I'm thinking it's still nineteen seventy. This makes sense because computers like led disco balls. Yes they do, just as Elisa the first AI chat bot.

After January one twenty thirty eight computers will revert dates back to January one nineteen seventy due to being unable to handle Big-endian numbers properly. Of course, there are hackers working to solve this problem & as I write it, it likely becomes no problem at all.

Last edited:

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Ha! I am not alone. "Time does not matter, life matters."
I don't care... lol
it's 5:30 am here an this { who would believe its Unscripted }
yet be dat as it may ... this??
saga.. <--- ya dats it

i prefer cigarettes instead of vaping

and all da responces der after..
Just made me just giggle meself 1/2 silly

and dats worth da TIME lol lol lol cuz it keeps me quiet and NOT WAKE UP SPARKEY.

VU Sponsors