Become a Patron!

Belt holster for mechanical mod

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone know where I can get a decent belt holster for my mechanical mod, that doesn't cost a fortune, can't seem to find a decent one that isn't really expensive.

I did a get a flash light holster from ebay and it does do the job, and it was cheap, but cheaply made too, so after only a month it is starting to come apart. I know, I want cheap not cheaply made, I am asking a lot, but don't want to spend $50 on a holster to hold my $30 mod.

Would of thought there was more vendors doing the belt holsters for mods, when I am work, I just want a holster I can slip my mod in, doesn't need to be fancy, just simple belt clip and easy to slip mod in.

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
Go here and put the settings for your mod. I'll make it for you if you would like. Could be a cool option for you. You need to click on "Open in customizer". Let me know if you have any questions on it.
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:89000

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What are the measurements in on there?

This is what I am using right now, and that size works good for me, maybe go 6" long -

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
That has a bit of flex and is soft. This would be a hard case. So what thats asking you is the diameter of your actual mod and how tall you want it to be. What mod is it? I might be able to snag the measurements.

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
This should fit your mod well. I added 1mm to the diameter to give it a bit of wiggled room. Will come up about 2/3 - 3/4 of your device. I might take a ride to my local B&M this weekend and try it out in their Stingray to see if it fits.
ecig_sheath_assy20140704-13562-1kj8wgl-0_preview_featured.jpg

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cool. how much would you charge to make it?

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That is awesome of you, if it works out good, just let me know and will be more than happy to cover the shipping for it :)

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I used to carry a Vamo around all day I used a baton holster that a security guard at work gave me...it worked really well...they come in all different dimensions so I dont see why it shouldnt work for a mech, or any tube mod, as long as the size is correct...

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
Print in underway. I'll probably head to the shop tomorrow to test on a stingray. What colors do you like btw?
amete8an.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Print in underway. I'll probably head to the shop tomorrow to test on a stingray. What colors do you like btw?
amete8an.jpg

Awesome!!!!!!
Black would be good if that is good with you, if not, then a blue would work too, thanks :)

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
Blacks good. Blue is MIA at the moment. I'll try my test dummy out tomorrow after I get a screw to fit it.
7yjasyte.jpg

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
Well it doesn't always happen but I nailed the size first try! Here's it with a Stingray inside. It's not screwed together but I held both pieces together so you get the idea.

2 things to ask.

1) do you want it shorter? I think it's perfect at that height. Covers most of the mod and will leave tank out.

2) do you want a name or something cut out of the front of it? If so, what?

5y2adyju.jpg
8yvyqe3a.jpg

nogalesvape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dihm thats very cool of you .... im tellin you, just folks of a different breed here at VU

searching for a mod holster and found this thread... that is an awesome holster. I cant get the Create page to load- how much do you charge for them? I would LOVE to have one

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dihm thats very cool of you .... im tellin you, just folks of a different breed here at VU
I'm telling you... couldn't be more spot on. I've been here for a couple months and have already experienced so much generosity from fellow VU members. Inspired me to PIF myself with my old gear. I love it here.

Hey! it's just Ray...

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Check the flashlight areas that have the big selections for them holsters guys!
Especially the round mod/battery rigs, Buy a holster get a flashlight free!

Neupy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you had posted this a few days ago I might have been able to help lol. Went to the local shop for a battery. Was a guy in there with 3 box mods and 3 regular ones. He was hitting them in order all from holsters in like a fucking cop utility belt. I was amazed.

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Quoted post deleted

Dat chicks nailz doh.....DAYMN! tear you up. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Durka

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can you make one for the invader mini?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Moved to accessories
Word of caution to the vendors, this is not a thread to sell your gear , that is allowed in unlisted vendor area, please keep it there.

Anyone know where I can get a decent belt holster for my mechanical mod, that doesn't cost a fortune, can't seem to find a decent one that isn't really expensive.

I did a get a flash light holster from ebay and it does do the job, and it was cheap, but cheaply made too, so after only a month it is starting to come apart. I know, I want cheap not cheaply made, I am asking a lot, but don't want to spend $50 on a holster to hold my $30 mod.

Would of thought there was more vendors doing the belt holsters for mods, when I am work, I just want a holster I can slip my mod in, doesn't need to be fancy, just simple belt clip and easy to slip mod in.
I think if you get an OC holder from galls that fits a mk3 it would do nicely

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Hey bro, we have a guy that makes them for our shop and they are very nice, they come with the belt clip in any color and a 510 converter so that the clip sets under your atomizer. Definitely the best clip we have found thus far.Contact me at ( [email protected] )
And I will send you one, I am positive it will work for you and your mod as we have tons of contractors and construction workers that use them and they love them cause they are so durable! -Chris-

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This thread is year and half old, don't even have the mod anymore and moved onto regulated boxes nowadays, but thanks for the replies :)

VU Sponsors