Become a Patron!

Berserker 1.5 Top cap unscrew problems

Sranec123

Member For 1 Year
Today i got my berserker 1.5 and i love it..

The only problem is i cant unscrew top cap. I did fill it from botton and then scew it in but is going to be anyoing. Is there anything how can you get this top cap lose ?

I already tried the circular part of my ceramic tweezers which is supposed to be for unscrewing atomizers but.. it didnt work at all

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One of those grippy things for opening jars works well if you have one. A damp paper towel helps sometimes. Just gotta get some torque on it.

Sranec123

Member For 1 Year
One of those grippy things for opening jars works well if you have one. A damp paper towel helps sometimes. Just gotta get some torque on it.
Well i tried paper towel and i couldnt get the right grip. Also.. Should i do it with or without pyrex glass ? I am worried that i will break it under pressure.

BTW can you please explain why is this happening and if i am the only one or its just common ?

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well i tried paper towel and i couldnt get the right grip. Also.. Should i do it with or without pyrex glass ? I am worried that i will break it under pressure.

BTW can you please explain why is this happening and if i am the only one or its just common ?
Might be harder without the glass, less to hold on to but it will break if not careful.
It was overtightened at the factory on a dry oring. The photo shows where it separates if needed.
It might be worth a trip to the store for a grippy thing, they work wonders.
20190518_155139.jpg

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Soak it in some hot water for a bit and give it another go.
s-l225.jpg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I use double-sided tape sometimes if I can't get tank parts unscrewed.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Might have been cross fit threading from manufacturer. Much as we like to hope shit like that doesn't happen, shit does. Might have gotten jostled around and crimped on itself during shipping too. Again you can hope folks handle everything with velvet touches, but that's kind of unrealistic. Sorry, not meaning to seem or come over as such a downer. In other new more happy news, Nyanya kitty just allowed the invisible purple unicorn to eat the rainbow! Yay! Go invisible purple unicorn, it's ya birthday! :) I also just finished chugging 1 L of water. Look, floaty eyeballs. :)

Should i do it with or without pyrex glass ? I am worried that i will break it under pressure.

And so you know I can be serious. Please don't laugh. *sits looking at the floor*

Use some rubber gripper pads like for jar lids. There won't be as much pressure pinpointed on the Pyrex glass so as to cause it breaking. When dealing with force it's more often the more concentrated strike, or pressure that causes breakage rather than force spread out over a wide area. Yes, I've used the gripper pads before with much success, even with Pyrex for tanks.

Last edited:

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
nyan_cat_by_malenathehedgehog_d3knyd0-350t.jpg

VapinMoody

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mine was stuck out of the box....had to use rubber gloves at each end and even that was a red faced ordeal....even with food grade o-ring lube now it is very hard to open...doh

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Cannot resist, much as my sane self tries ... *calls up Gandalf's "you shall not pass" voice* "Now you too will fart the rainbow!" :) Sorry. I really need to get out more. ... Not sure the fellows in white coats will allow me a day trip to the zoo though.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mine was stuck out of the box....had to use rubber gloves at each end and even that was a red faced ordeal....even with food grade o-ring lube now it is very hard to open...doh
That sucks....mine is easy on easy off. Anything less might get it thrown out the window, or me thrown in with MyMagicMist....:D

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That sucks....mine is easy on easy off. Anything less might get it thrown out the window, or me thrown in with MyMagicMist....:D

Cool, I might be in the market for a new husband. :p :) Rough day with the wife yesterday. We managed getting back to good though. Think both of us got generally frustrated at how life is going and well, guess my crap overloaded her crap. She did make funnel cake despite telling me I had pissed her off and she wasn't going to make it.

Yeah, I know, ...

Life will yet again find another way to have us at odds. I'll keep coming back to the memory of the judge at our wedding. "Look, there's a back door over there if you think you're making a mistake," he said.

"It'll be the best mistake I make if so," I said and still married her.

Been doing the impossible since birth. Why give it up now?

Oh yeah, an RTA is stuck. Worst case pitch against a brick wall, go buy something that don't get stuck, like an RDA. Know that might sound like me being all iron handed authoritarian. I am sincerely not meaning it to come over like that. I got no balls enough to judge how anybody wants to vape. If you like tanks, more power to you. Try finding one that doesn't get stuck.

All the rest of us can offer otherwise is good advice to worse advice. We need to be "there" with your RDA to try getting it unstuck. I could almost be "there" but then that would reveal my majik and the 'poachers' would come drag me off the field, and no one would benefit, in fact the darkness might get thicker.

Damn it I need coffee. Too much a bear here still, might rip my own head off.

VU Sponsors