Become a Patron!

Best 18650 batteries?

Dna30grizz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a chi you clone and two dna30 box mods on the way as well as a vertex mod as well. All using 18650 batteries. So my question is what are the safest and best quality batteries i can buy? Im not looking to spend $60 on batteries so nothing crazy expensive but all suggestions are welcome. Thanks. Ohhh and im new to the forum so im looking forward to al the helpful info.....
dadf9e21261aaaa51f75f4774cdfda3f.jpg

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Best bang for the buck batteries in my experience are the AW 18650s. They're high drain IMR with a 2000 mAh capacity. One of my customers uses them with no issue on a 20W Vamo and a 50W DNA clone.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would not use the AW's in your devices! They only have a 10A discharge rate! Judging by your build, your probably pulling more than that. Sony's are the best, if you can find them. As far as whats available and reasonably priced, I would say check out the LG HE2's they're like $8 and sport 2500Mah and a 20A continuous discharge rating.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Best bang for the buck batteries in my experience are the AW 18650s. They're high drain IMR with a 2000 mAh capacity. One of my customers uses them with no issue on a 20W Vamo and a 50W DNA clone.
AW batteries are just relabeled batteries they do not make batteries... Nor does Efest or MXJO and about a dozen others IF it does not say SONY ,LG, Samsung or Panasonic is is just a relabeled battery you should know this if you have a vape store

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would not use the AW's in your devices! They only have a 10A discharge rate! Judging by your build, your probably pulling more than that. Sony's are the best, if you can find them. As far as whats available and reasonably priced, I would say check out the LG HE2's they're like $8 and sport 2500Mah and a 20A continuous discharge rating.

Good point, the guy with the DNA i using the 490/500's which have a 15A limit (per many description or 16.5A if you go by the 15C rating).

Last edited:

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
AW batteries are just relabeled batteries they do not make batteries... Nor does Efest or MXJO and about a dozen others IF it does not say SONY ,LG, Samsung or Panasonic is is just a relabeled battery you should know this if you have a vape store

Andrew at AW may well use cells that are actually manufactured to their spec by someone else. My point in mentioning AW (authentic ones of course) is that they've proven to be reliable batteries. I came across them a couple years ago at the recommendation of Provape (folks who make my Provari).

Last edited:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Andrew Wong (AW) may well use cells that are actually manufactured to their spec by someone else. My point in mentioning AW (authentic ones of course) is that they've proven to be reliable batteries. I came across them a couple years ago at the recommendation of Provape (folks who make my Provari).
Good for you now you know they are merely relabelled the recommendations for the Provari are very outdated

Dna30grizz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I believe this is a lg battery? Was told that

Dna30grizz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yea the guy at my local vape shop who sold them to me said they were lg so i guess ill take his word for it..... But can you link a good place to get the lg batteries? It would help me with piece of mind knowing im buying from a good vendor thanks.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yea the guy at my local vape shop who sold them to me said they were lg so i guess ill take his word for it..... But can you link a good place to get the lg batteries? It would help me with piece of mind knowing im buying from a good vendor thanks.
send me a conversation /PM just click my name I get them for cost from a fellow long time seller. but I will set you up..

evkoo.com

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The battery is important . Before heard that bursting batteries when shipping .

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The battery is important . Before heard that bursting batteries when shipping .
@evkoo.com

You heard of bursting batteries when they were being shipped? Wow from who? And what type of battery man my vape mail just may come in with a bang
Dear

now you have me scared! Battery go
Jj3W9WN.gif

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What about the MXJO 18650 batteries are you saying these are counterfeit?
No they are relabeled LG HE's not a bad thing their specs are 20a/35amp burst they are fine down to .15 I would not push them though
thats me.. great batteries surely not a VTC5 though. We really have no confirmed replacment for the VTC5 we will I know of one but until tested I am hush hush

Dna30grizz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No they are relabeled LG HE's not a bad thing their specs are 20a/35amp burst they are fine down to .15 I would not push them though
thats me.. great batteries surely not a VTC5 though. We really have no confirmed replacment for the VTC5 we will I know of one but until tested I am hush hush
How about the efest 35a 2500mah batteries? I want to use them on this build.
8f63b7dc6ccec5a74ada18d297bb1dbb.jpg
baa34971a96187c1c7c8d257806d6a75.jpg

Dna30grizz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If u cant see it its a .13 ohm

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor