Become a Patron!

Best 26650 battery and best place to buy?

I just purchased my first 26650 mech mod, looking for the best battery whether it be MNKE or Sony. I've heard good things about both, but I'm not sure of the best place to purchase said batteries for the best quality and price. I was leaning towards the MNKE because they have them on Amazon for $15.49 for a pair, but I've heard also that these batteries are over a year old. So again does anyone know definitively the best place to find the best battery? i.e. longevity, performance, etc.

ImahFokker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The mnkes are great I have 2. I got mine from venerable vaping. He I know got one of the last batches made. I cant find the sonys anywere and thinking of getting one of the panisonics to try. But from what I heard the mnkes are best on the current market

BeirutVet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have 2 MNKE I purchased at a local vape shop when I picked up my Hades. They work great. I recently added two more 26650 mods to my collection so I thought I should order some more. Rather than going with what I already knew, dumb ass me thought I could do better. Purchased two Trustfire TF 26650 5000mAh batteries. I don't have the equipment to test them but I can tell you this was not the way to go. They are slightly longer and ever so slightly larger in diameter. They will not fit in my Hades..tight fit and too long. Next, I tried The Big Nasty. Again a bit too long but not as bad. It would fire but it was pathetic. Next, Panzer Black Hawk 26650. Finally got it to fit...but wouldn't fire. I'm sure there are some battery aficionados who could explain the why's and what for's but right now I could care less. These two are being written off as a loss. Back to MNKE's for sure. Note my avitar...that's what I do when I think I had a better idea. Face Palm.

KnurledNut

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
I use the MNKE batteries. The best price I've found is from Triangle Vapes.

BeirutVet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Update to "Trustfire" 26650 purchased online. Since I couldn't use them in anything I had, I did what any red blooded American man acting like a boy would do...I took one apart. Outer wrapper is semi transparent. Under the wrapper was the a protection board. Removed that and found another "foil" like wrapper with a hologram effect. Pealed that off and found....wait for it...wait for it....Orange MNKE 26650 battery.

Vapo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a question for someone if you'd like to answer. I just went from Evod VV to a Vamo V5. The batteries, I got 18650's 15 amp. I read about 30 amp batteries etc. What's the difference with all these batteries, benefits and such. What's the best and biggest battery I should use with this device?
I'm trying to max the benefit of the battery without possibly blowing up my device or myself. :confused:

ImahFokker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The 15 amps are fine for the vamo the 30 amps are much preferred for mechanical mods and rebuilding.

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Update to "Trustfire" 26650 purchased online. Since I couldn't use them in anything I had, I did what any red blooded American man acting like a boy would do...I took one apart. Outer wrapper is semi transparent. Under the wrapper was the a protection board. Removed that and found another "foil" like wrapper with a hologram effect. Pealed that off and found....wait for it...wait for it....Orange MNKE 26650 battery.
Bumped because I want more deetz on this. Do you have photos? This doesn't seem to be an uncommon thing. I guess there are a whole lot of sticker makers and only so many battery makers.

BeirutVet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I should have taken pics but didn't. I was warned about the risk but decided to try it anyway. I love these forums. A guy can learn a few things first before diving into something. I learn slow but I learn good.

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Out of curiosity... Between this & another thread about fake mnke batteries. Are yours printed with dot matrix or boldish letters? I'm wondering cause I've seen trustfires listed as cheaper than mnke on FT.

Vapo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The 15 amps are fine for the vamo the 30 amps are much preferred for mechanical mods and rebuilding.
Thanks, it came with 18350s but they don't last all day. I took the advice of a local shop on the 15amp 18650s. thanks for the help.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Joe was pimping some cgr26550a, so picked some up and could not be happier.

I have a few different types of batteries and the ones I like are the Sony's, they seem to last the longest and I am using around a 0.4 ohm build most days, 2 strands of 26g kanthal twisted together with a drill and pliers and 7 wraps on a 5/32 screwdriver. and it blows clouds out of my tobh. I have MNMKE's and efests and I also have the trust fires's, trust fires suck for my mech but in my vw/vv it works just fine, its the Pioneer seven 22,

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just purchased my first 26650 mech mod, looking for the best battery whether it be MNKE or Sony. I've heard good things about both, but I'm not sure of the best place to purchase said batteries for the best quality and price. I was leaning towards the MNKE because they have them on Amazon for $15.49 for a pair, but I've heard also that these batteries are over a year old. So again does anyone know definitively the best place to find the best battery? i.e. longevity, performance, etc.

Check MADVAPES

Vapezone

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
how about Hades Mod? it's fit for 26650 battery?

VU Sponsors