Become a Patron!

Best 4 bay charger?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think its cute that he's got an iQ of 130 but can't figure out how to use paragraphs.

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
NItecore d4 is the best haha. Im kidding, but it's really easy and batteries charge quik

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had Nitecore I4 for a few years till one of the ports stated half charging, then I got the Xtar VC4.
The VC4 can charge 2X1A or 4X0.5 while the Nitecore can only do 0.5A, it has a better display and even a capacity meter (doubt that it's accurate but still), you can also turn the display off so that it won't blink in the dark.

Cons: the springs are tight which may cause the batteries to fly off when you pull them out if you're not careful (I suppose it will stop over time).
The 2 middle ports are borrow which makes it harder to pull the batteries out.

Last edited:

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had Nitecore I4 for a few years till one of the ports stated half charging, then I got the Xtar VC4.
The VC4 can charge 2X1A or 4X0.5 while the Nitecore can only do 0.5A, it has a better display and even a capacity meter (doubt that it's accurate but still), you can also turn the display off so that it won't blink in the dark.

Cons: the springs are tight which may cause the batteries to fly off when you pull them out if you're not careful (I suppose it will stop over time).
The 2 middle posts are borrow which makes it harder to pull the batteries out.
I have the D4 its got the digital screen. I just bought it from e bay for 24 dollars. Its been working so smooth for me. The price is what got me. And I love yellow and black anything.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a LUC for bay charger. I was in a pinch while on business and needed a charger. The shop I went to charger me $55 for a $30 charger. Regardless, it works really well only I can't figure out how to use the USB port.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have a LUC for bay charger. I was in a pinch while on business and needed a charger. The shop I went to charger me $55 for a $30 charger. Regardless, it works really well only I can't figure out how to use the USB port.
The usb port is for charging another device like a phone. You need to have a battery plugged into channel 2. Press the button that changes the charge power for one second and plug in your usb device within 30 seconds.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah they really make the USB port confusing, but it's a cool feature. Follow gopher's directions, note the the battery has to be in the 2nd slot from the left or it won't work. Then you can charge USB stuff off of the battery you have in the charger. Can be useful in a pinch when you have a power outage or travelling or something.

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
the newest XTAR VC2 or VC4 depending on your needs are worth it. AMAZON.COM BEST PRICES

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Even if you only need 2 ports i'd go with the VC4 since it can do 2X1A while the VC2 can only do 2X0.5A

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
For the amount of use our chargers get, the extra few dollars for an Xtar is worth it to me. I see stories about problems with nitecore's frequently. Don't remember seeing reports of Xtar problems.
The latest model of the VC4 XTAR charger is easier to insert and remove batteries while using it. I never had this issue except for when I used an older version of the Nitecore I2 intellicharger.

VU Sponsors