Become a Patron!

Best 810 drip tip?

Soundsystem00

Member For 1 Year
So far I have liked the metal one that comes on the Fireluke Mesh tank.

I currently have a wofoto recurve RDA. So far, I really like the way the low profile drip tips look, but a lot of them don't have rubber bands on them and fall out constantly. I finally found one with a rubber band but it was not very durable material because the first time I dropped it, it shattered.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a durable, low profile drip tip that has rubber bands and would stick and not fall out all the time.

Metal would be good but a durable plastic would be even better.

Thank you guys.

joha_wa_alhimar

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally, I've been very happy with everything I've bought from Lawless Drip Tips, and they'll make the drip tips to fit whatever atomizer you request.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The Wotofo Recurve RDA already uses a rubber band, or O-ring to hold an 810 standard drip tip steadily in place, just like the Goon RDA and the Kennedy RDA, which is why these types of drip tips are also commonly being referred to as "Kennedy/Goon style drip tips". In fact the Recurve RDA actually even comes with spare O-rings, including one that is identical to the one that holds the drip tip in place, and, the low profile drip tips that I recommend are the "Stubby" 810 drip tips by Half Moon Mods, even though they're not cheap.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For durable plastic, it's not very sexy but you might want delrin. Usually the plain black ones that used to come with 510 tipped mods. Most drip tips if they're not metal or ultem (yellowish translucent thermal plastic) are resin and resin shatters. Just the material, it can be tooled fairly easy, takes a nice shine and has pretty colors but brittle as all hell.

I'm with joha_wa_alhimar, love my custom Lawless tip. Fits everything I use perfectly nice and snug and I had it shaped the way I wanted and bored to the dimensions I wanted (9mm, somewhere between a widebore 810 and 510). The low profile stubby/wide 810's do look nice but comfort wise for me they suck. Just not enough to get my fat lips around without pressing against the cap. lol.

I'm not familiar with the fireluke but keep in mind there are two styles of '810'. Some like smok use have orings around the base of the drip tip and a smooth recess in the atomizer. Goon/reload/kennedy style (sometimes referred to as 'grennedy') the drip tip base where it inserts is smooth and made to fit atomizers that use a recessed oring tucked inside the top of the atomizer. Trying to fit a smok style 810 in a goon style atomizer you'd end up with an oring in the top of the atomizer AND on the base of the drip tip and they'll likely conflict. If you go the other way and neither have an oring it'll probably fall out. Maybe check with a flashlight or something and see if there's an oring in the top of your tank so you know which kind of 810 tip to get. If there's an oring there it could be wore down or maybe inexpensive drip tips which have poor machining tolerances. I got some cheap 510 tips off fasttech awhile back (china) and some fit, others were a sloppy fit. But then the Lawless 810 with tax and shipping came to like $32, drip tips from china are like $3-5.

VU Sponsors