Become a Patron!

Best Affordable TC Mod

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The DNA mods all seem to get high praise for TC and the Yihi mods are probably also good at TC but what mods are the best in the more affordable range?

The Voopoo Drag seems to get high marks in the average price range. I would also be interested in the best at the average price range as well but still would like to know if there are any in the affordable range worth buying.

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Voopoo Drag will be my choice and also the Smoant Battlestar

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk
I guess the Battlestar probably is the most affordable TC Mod that would be widely recommended for TC use here with the Drag being the best in average price ranges.

I didn't know the reason why Battlestar was quite liked here was because of TC functionality.

tripleheadkick78

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also the battlestar's simplicity and build quality may be account ed for its popularity and of course its hits well! The drag ramps up slightly faster than the battlestar but it has a more boxy feel in the hand.

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Both the Battlestar and Drag do TC well but the sharp edges and weight of the Drag give the edge to the Battlestar for me. Plus you can find it for less than 40 bucks.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Find a Hohmtech Hohmwrecker G2 or Hohm Slice on clearance. Vapor DNA has the Slice for $35-ish. Fantastic mod for TC.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaporcube has the slice for around $20. Seems like they have a daily limit or something like that but that's an unbelievable price for the performance of that mod.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaporcube has the slice for around $20. Seems like they have a daily limit or something like that but that's an unbelievable price for the performance of that mod.
I just checked their site, it's $60 for the standard and $70 for the LE

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Regular slice is a few bucks less with slicedprice code but go with the limited that charges faster

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
*Any items sold on clearance, or sale pricing, cannot be accepted for returns or exchanges. No exceptions can be made in this situation, clearance/sale items are sold as is. If hardware defects occur on sale items, we suggest going through manufacturer warranties to get the issue resolved.

http://www.vaporcube.com/shipping-return-policy/

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
*Any items sold on clearance, or sale pricing, cannot be accepted for returns or exchanges. No exceptions can be made in this situation, clearance/sale items are sold as is. If hardware defects occur on sale items, we suggest going through manufacturer warranties to get the issue resolved.

http://www.vaporcube.com/shipping-return-policy/
Hohmtech has a 500 day warranty on their hardware.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You will like it and not want to exchange it.
It's $20...
IMO that and the G2 are the most bullet proof case and chip on the market and comes with that warranty mentioned above... and it's... $20...

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Added a third slice LE on, Christmas is coming... that's a fantastic price on an outstanding mod

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A compact ergonomic built in battery MOD I have that does TC right out of box flawlessly is the Aster RT22. Only draw back is the tank size limit but the Melo RT22 it comes with has never let me down so far.

upload_2017-10-26_16-52-30.png

Last edited:

VapeNMirrors

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IMHO, the Aspire Speeder is the new king of inexpensive TC mods. The TC is truly remarkably consistent and not at all finicky; easy setup. I'd hazard it tops everything in the class. It absolutely crushes most. It doesn't just "do TC", it does it really well. The mod has great ergonomics (unlike a big box) and the build and finishes are robust. Highly recommend.

VapeNMirrors

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IMHO, the Aspire Speeder is the new king of inexpensive TC mods. The TC is truly remarkably consistent and not at all finicky; easy setup. I'd hazard it tops everything in the class. It absolutely crushes most. It doesn't just "do TC", it does it really well. The mod has great ergonomics (unlike a big box) and the build and finishes are robust. Highly recommend.

Edit: It also has great power mode curves with graphic chart and 0.5 sec intervals, best setup for this I've seen, right on the mod.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The revenger's pretty accurate in tc as well. It also has power curves on the mod I believe. Anthony Vapes found issues with the drag when running tc on lower resistance coils (.1 to .15 or .2 I think), available power dropped to somewhere around 40w and ramp up was pretty ugly. The smoant battlestar and charon use similar chips but the charon can be udpated and I think it has temp curves that can be set via the software when connected to the pc and mod software.

Currently showing out of stock, not sure if that will change or not but vapor cube had the hohm wrecker g2 for $38.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I own the Aspire Speeder and it is the best purchase I made this year. I also have the Voopoo Drag. I don't mind the boxy feel that much and I love the rein door on mine but the Speeder is an under radar mod. Should be hyped a lot more.

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll probably go with the Smoant Battlestar with a Vapefly Nicolas atty. I guess a beginner still smoking cigarettes on a budget can't ask for better than that.

Sadly, I'll probably need a different atty to do TC.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Please post the coupon link or code.

The codes are right on their home page. "SLICEDSLICE" and "SLICELIMITED".

I'll probably go with the Smoant Battlestar with a Vapefly Nicolas atty. I guess a beginner still smoking cigarettes on a budget can't ask for better than that.

Sadly, I'll probably need a different atty to do TC.

What atty do you have now? I have 2 Tobeco Kayfun 5 clones that you can find pretty inexpensive. Are you looking for a rebuildable atty?

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The codes are right on their home page. "SLICEDSLICE" and "SLICELIMITED".

What atty do you have now? I have 2 Tobeco Kayfun 5 clones that you can find pretty inexpensive. Are you looking for a rebuildable atty?

I don't have anything. I am still a smoker. The Slice is nice but one 26650 battery and paint issues is probably not the ideal mod for a smoker looking to switch to vaping for the first time although definitely worth adding to a future collection.

For my ideal smoking emulation setup, I will probably go with: Smoant Battlestar mod, Vapefly Nicolas MTL atty, and Black Note Legato ejuice. Don't know if 20A Samsung 30Q batteries are recommended for that mod or if I need to go higher.

From there, I'll eventually get a TC capable atty and of course, different ejuices.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It seems the paint issues may have been with the first batches; my original slice looks beat to hell but works great. My newer Slice LE's don't have a mark on them, and I've been using them exclusively. I also have an eVic VTwo mini which does C pretty well and was my first foray into a regulated mod. They're a nice compact mod, single 18650, and pretty inexpensive too. I don't have any experience with that mod and atty, but anything to get off cigarettes!

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It seems the paint issues may have been with the first batches; my original slice looks beat to hell but works great. My newer Slice LE's don't have a mark on them, and I've been using them exclusively. I also have an eVic VTwo mini which does C pretty well and was my first foray into a regulated mod. They're a nice compact mod, single 18650, and pretty inexpensive too. I don't have any experience with that mod and atty, but anything to get off cigarettes!
Good to know about the paint issues being resolved with the newer batches. Are they what is on clearance sale or the older paint prone ones?

How come you keep saying it is a single 18650 battery mod? Anthony Vapes and the Hohmtech Slice product page says it is a 26650.

http://hohmtech.com/product/hohm-slice/

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't say for sure if the ones on sale are paint-issue prone. But I got two black LE's and they don't have a mark on them. Perhaps the standards have lesser paint and the LE's have a much better process.

Sorry if it wasn't clear, but when I mentioned 18650 battery I was referring to the eVic Vtwo mini.

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't say for sure if the ones on sale are paint-issue prone. But I got two black LE's and they don't have a mark on them. Perhaps the standards have lesser paint and the LE's have a much better process.

Sorry if it wasn't clear, but when I mentioned 18650 battery I was referring to the eVic Vtwo mini.
Oh ok. Sorry.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I went with the voopoo alpha one. Can't wait to review it for you guys

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors