Become a Patron!

Best American made mods and tanks

darkangel07760

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I tried searching for this but I must be doing it wrong... I currently love my Aspire Nautilus tank, and my Sigelei mod. I want to gift myself with an american made mod and tank, but I am at a total loss. I know HexOhm are, but I don't know too much about them or anything else. Is there any that are temperature controlled? Any non sub ohm tanks? Please feel free to link me with anything that you have seen on this forum, any help is greatly appreciated, thank you :)

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are plenty of american mod makers...of regulated devices and mech mods....the regulated mods are going to be high end and expesive,and extremly beautiful,and hard to get a hold of....as for any non sub ohm tanks...I'm not sure what you mean by that,but if you include gennys in that heading there are several great american made gennys.

darkangel07760

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks. I am still quite new to vaping, not looking for rebuildable, just trying to buy as American as possible this time around. Gennys is the company that makes tanks? I will check them out.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks. I am still quite new to vaping, not looking for rebuildable, just trying to buy as American as possible this time around. Gennys is the company that makes tanks? I will check them out.
no a genny is a type of atomizer a genisis style atomizer there many many different modders who make them....as for a tank that akes pre made coils being made in america I don't know of any, but I am not the person that would know ,as it is not my style of vaping.

darkangel07760

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How is the hex ohm for a mod? my current favorite tank is the Nautilus. I wonder how these would work together.

darkangel07760

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I also happened upon the Provari. Seems like an easy to use mod, any thoughts on this?

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The hexohm is overkill for the nautilus. Id get a vaporshark rdna40 or something to use with nautilus. Provari makes pretty sturdy mods, but are fairly pricey. Imo not worth the price, but people swear by them so maybe itll work for you.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

darkangel07760

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The hexohm is overkill for the nautilus. Id get a vaporshark rdna40 or something to use with nautilus. Provari makes pretty sturdy mods, but are fairly pricey. Imo not worth the price, but people swear by them so maybe itll work for you.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I suspected that the hex ohm would be too much for my Nautilus. Thank you!

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think you will be vaping much over 10 or 11 watts with a nautilus. A provari would be a really nice mod for you, but you're looking at a $200 dollar pop. The Radius might be nice since it can go up to 40watts if you decide you want to upgrade to a better tank.

darkangel07760

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was looking at the radius. since i am still new to this, may i ask why you think i won't be vaping much over 10 or 11 watts with a nautilus? Is it because that is the best wattage for it?

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was looking at the radius. since i am still new to this, may i ask why you think i won't be vaping much over 10 or 11 watts with a nautilus? Is it because that is the best wattage for it?

You wil probably start getting a burnt taste, and burn up the wicking in the coils on too high wattage

darkangel07760

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I currently run my 75w Sigelei at 12 watts. My Halo Tracer does not work as well with my Nautilus, but when I put my sub ohm tank on the Tracer it is much more powerful. Intriguing. I have lots more to learn.

darkangel07760

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have decided that I want to splurge on a Provari. I like the form of the 2.5 and the 3, but people have recommended the newest prover, that box mod that have now. I prefer a slimmer design, so I am trying to decide between the 2.5 and the 3.

uhh, rather than american tanks, i'll just list all the best tanks man.
TF-V4 - best on the market, has triple, quadruple, aircore(For more airflow), and clapton coils.
Heracles/Heracles plus - tank with amazing flavor that's about it.

Cloud Chasers Tri Force Tank - Amazing tank for vapor production, if you like to chase clouds this is the tank for you. The coil is humongous. American made

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have decided that I want to splurge on a Provari. I like the form of the 2.5 and the 3, but people have recommended the newest prover, that box mod that have now. I prefer a slimmer design, so I am trying to decide between the 2.5 and the 3.

I've had a Provari Mini for over a year without any issues other than replacing the battery.
Carry it to work every day in my pants pocket.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Cool, post up a picture when you get it !

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
no a genny is a type of atomizer a genisis style atomizer there many many different modders who make them....as for a tank that akes pre made coils being made in america I don't know of any, but I am not the person that would know ,as it is not my style of vaping.
I tried searching for this but I must be doing it wrong... I currently love my Aspire Nautilus tank, and my Sigelei mod. I want to gift myself with an american made mod and tank, but I am at a total loss. I know HexOhm are, but I don't know too much about them or anything else. Is there any that are temperature controlled? Any non sub ohm tanks? Please feel free to link me with anything that you have seen on this forum, any help is greatly appreciated, thank you :)

He we go, American made, I own one in silver and love it. it will tank any coil on the Atlantis system
If you're on mouth to lung-like nautilus It will use the Trion 1.2 ohm coil if you want something more like a subtank the Trion 0.4 ohm coil

http://science-of-vaping.com/shop/sov-eclipse-tank-tiffany/

Edit: if you get the provari you will have to do the 1.2 ohm coils on the p3. the 2.5 won't power the 1.2ohm coils enough to be worthwhile and neithé will fire the 0.4 ohm coils

darkangel07760

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
He we go, American made, I own one in silver and love it. it will tank any coil on the Atlantis system
If you're on mouth to lung-like nautilus It will use the Trion 1.2 ohm coil if you want something more like a subtank the Trion 0.4 ohm coil

http://science-of-vaping.com/shop/sov-eclipse-tank-tiffany/

Edit: if you get the provari you will have to do the 1.2 ohm coils on the p3. the 2.5 won't power the 1.2ohm coils enough to be worthwhile and neithé will fire the 0.4 ohm coils

Aw dang I got the 2.5! this tank won't work on the 2.5? Thats a shame, maybe I can switch my order.

KY_Rob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're only looking for 10-12w, a 2.5 should push that when set to 3.8v.

As far as American made mods go, I'm a big fan of the VaporFlask originals. They're dual 18650, US made evolv DNA40 boards, and will drive pretty much anything up to 40w. I've currently got 4 of them, and may be interested in parting with one for a fair price if you're interested. They're about a year old, and function just fine. Just only use the one for the most part these days, and the other 3 sit and look pretty.

The SOV eclipse is great with the Triton coils! Just picked up some clapton coils for mine the other day, and plan to give them a try soon.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I am going to google them right now and have a look.
Here's the thing with provape.. Ky_rob has a point, --hey rob!!!!!!!
The 2.5 wont fire Below 0.9 ohms and is variable voltage. The p3 wont fire below a 0.5 and is only 20w
Now, both are built like a brick shithouse! The build quality is second to none, the issue is you're limited in how you want to vape.
Granted you have a nice 75w mod now which is great, but I would hate to see someone spend provape money and not be able to use it. -I say that as an owner.
The radius, is a 40w mod that I think fired fires to 0.3 but it doesn't have the temp limiting-not a deal breaker for some.
But the 49w flask does offer much more tech and substantially better batter capacity.
It comes down to trying to figure out how you will use a mod and what features you want before we figure out what to look ay for you. Otherwise we are just giving you our favorite mods. Which may or may not suit you
So far we know you want small and ergonomic...
what else are you factoring into your decision process?

darkangel07760

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here's the thing with provape.. Ky_rob has a point, --hey rob!!!!!!!
The 2.5 wont fire Below 0.9 ohms and is variable voltage. The p3 wont fire below a 0.5 and is only 20w
Now, both are built like a brick shithouse! The build quality is second to none, the issue is you're limited in how you want to vape.
Granted you have a nice 75w mod now which is great, but I would hate to see someone spend provape money and not be able to use it. -I say that as an owner.
The radius, is a 40w mod that I think fired fires to 0.3 but it doesn't have the temp limiting-not a deal breaker for some.
But the 49w flask does offer much more tech and substantially better batter capacity.
It comes down to trying to figure out how you will use a mod and what features you want before we figure out what to look ay for you. Otherwise we are just giving you our favorite mods. Which may or may not suit you
So far we know you want small and ergonomic...
what else are you factoring into your decision process?

i am factoring in flavor, which i get from the nautilus tanks, simplicity, us made, since i already have a couple non us made vaping things, not a sub ohm device, and reliability :)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
i am factoring in flavor, which i get from the nautilus tanks, simplicity, us made, since i already have a couple non us made vaping things, not a sub ohm device, and reliability :)
Well that sov tank with a triton coil is much better flavor than a nautilus -in my opinion.
Now, like I said you wont have to get the subohm coil- the 1.2 ohm coil is narrower and designed for a mouth to Lung vapor for flavor. I've used one and it is terrific.
But, I does run best for me at 15-20w- both in p3 or radius territory. The next thing with the 2.5 is you'll need 18490 batteries or the extension to run it with 18650s.
That flask uses 2 18650s which is why I've seen people get 2-3 days on a charge.
There is also protovapor- if you want smaller and more compact, they make a different shaped box mod that is small and tight and holds up really well. They use the DNA boards and have a dna40 and a dna200, they are American made, good customer service. If you call sometimes you'll get the owner on the phone. Great people and great products. And a DNA board will fire at 1w or 40w or 200w so you're seeing a mod that will vape any way you want.

Here we go...protovapor
http://www.protovapor.com/product/xpv-dna-200d/

Last edited:

darkangel07760

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i did order the extension, i definitely like the battery life. i will check out protovapor :)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I bought the starter kit from pro vapes, comes with two batteries :) Are those batteries easy to come by, i.e. can i get them at my local vape shop?
Odds are no, you can't. Most of the industry uses flat top 18650s from 20-30w. Rtdvapor or liion wholesale will have them in their websites. There is a provape dealer a few blocks from my house and they don't carry button tops anymore at all.
Its worth calling them though.

Congrats on your p-thingy by the way!

KY_Rob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Preach it b1rd! How you been dude?

Provape builds a rock-solid device. I used them and was an adamant apologist for their products for a long time. I still recommend them to folks, if it suits.

The reason I no longer use them, is that I essentially "out grew" them. For me, I vape 20w on a 1.0-1.2 ohm coil, the same juice 95% of the time. Been that way for the last 2 yrs. I would've never found "my perfect vape" had I not branched out from provape.

Congrats on the Provari. It's a fantastically solid and reliable device. I hope that you find it meets your needs and don't have to keep spending money to find your perfect vape ;)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Preach it b1rd! How you been dude?

Provape builds a rock-solid device. I used them and was an adamant apologist for their products for a long time. I still recommend them to folks, if it suits.

The reason I no longer use them, is that I essentially "out grew" them. For me, I vape 20w on a 1.0-1.2 ohm coil, the same juice 95% of the time. Been that way for the last 2 yrs. I would've never found "my perfect vape" had I not branched out from provape.

Congrats on the Provari. It's a fantastically solid and reliable device. I hope that you find it meets your needs and don't have to keep spending money to find your perfect vape ;)
Been ayite bro! Ready to get baby Jesus day and 2015 behind me altogether. Lol

Merry Christmas to and your family brother!

darkangel07760

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am so excited to get it thanks! I haven't delved too deeply into buying stuff, but I currently have a Halo Triton, a Halo Tracer, a 75w Sigelei, and a Provari 2.5 dragon on its way!

darkangel07760

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Out of curiosity, how low can the wattage go on a hex ohm? I couldn't find an answer to that.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Out of curiosity, how low can the wattage go on a hex ohm? I couldn't find an answer to that.
The hexohm is a variable voltage mod as the provari 2.5. The hexohm will go as low as 3.3v and the p2.5 as low as 2.9v
Its just another unit of measurement where wattage is the power, voltage is pressure. (trying not to go on a nerd tangent)
But at 1ohm and 3.3v the bottom end of a hexohm would be 10.89w. At 0.5ohm and 3.3v the mod is firing 21.78w
The p2.5 has a limit though that wont let you fire above 12w(I think-12w or 15w I can't remember) and the hexohm has a limit of 110w or 20a
Other than both being variable voltage they are geared towards 2 totally different vape styles.

Last edited:

darkangel07760

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The hexohm is a variable voltage mod as the provari 2.5. The hexohm will go as low as 3.3v and the p2.5 as low as 2.9v
Its jus another unit of measurement where wattage is the power, voltage is pressure. (trying not to go on a nerd tangent)
But at 1ohm and 3.3v the bottom end of a hexohm would be 10.89w. At 0.5ohm and 3.3v the mod is firing 21.78w
The p2.5 has a limit though that wont let you fire above 12w(I think-12w or 15w I can't remember) and the hexohm has a limit of 110w or 20a
Other than both being variable voltage they are geared towards 2 totally different vape styles.

Ok so let me try to figure this out. I run my 75watt Sigelei at 12watts. Is the HexOhm able to run that low? Eventually I would move up in wattage, at least I hope so! What are the 2 totally different vape styles? Sorry for the noob questions, I am trying to learn and I appreciate all of everyone's help :)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ok so let me try to figure this out. I run my 75watt Sigelei at 12watts. Is the HexOhm able to run that low? Eventually I would move up in wattage, at least I hope so! What are the 2 totally different vape styles? Sorry for the noob questions, I am trying to learn and I appreciate all of everyone's help :)
Short answer is yes it can fire that low, depending on build.
Wattage and Voltage are two different units of measurement. Watts is equal to voltage squared then divided by resistance.
In other words you use voltage to get to wattage. When you set a variable wattage mod to 30w- your resistance is constant so the mod figures out what voltage to fire to get the set wattage.
Provari and hexohm are both variable voltage so you set the voltage.
Basically I think of the hex as a mod that I set to taste. I build a 0.25 RDA, dial in and go.

The different vape styles would be a provari is more geared towards lower wattage vapeing and has what would be defined today as a low ceiling. A single coil kayfun, taifun or nautilus is really what it was designed to be paired with. It runs best with a 1.5 ohm build and alot of people really enjoy that and never leave that part of the community.
The hexohm is more heard towards higher power RDA style vaping. It tends to run best with a 0.3 ohm build set around 5v(83w). Not quite cloud chasing but a thick dense vape.
I guess the think with provape, is from my perspective, when I was using mine, as soon as I started looking into other types of vaping, there wasn't much that I could use the mod for. It is great with a kayfun and nautilus, probably the best thing on the market for those toppers, but if you wanted am Atlantis or subtank, or anything subohm I had to use something else.
Again, some people love that about them. They like having a dedicated mod that can't die.

darkangel07760

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Short answer is yes it can fire that low, depending on build.
Wattage and Voltage are two different units of measurement. Watts is equal to voltage squared then divided by resistance.
In other words you use voltage to get to wattage. When you set a variable wattage mod to 30w- your resistance is constant so the mod figures out what voltage to fire to get the set wattage.
Provari and hexohm are both variable voltage so you set the voltage.
Basically I think of the hex as a mod that I set to taste. I build a 0.25 RDA, dial in and go.

The different vape styles would be a provari is more geared towards lower wattage vapeing and has what would be defined today as a low ceiling. A single coil kayfun, taifun or nautilus is really what it was designed to be paired with. It runs best with a 1.5 ohm build and alot of people really enjoy that and never leave that part of the community.
The hexohm is more heard towards higher power RDA style vaping. It tends to run best with a 0.3 ohm build set around 5v(83w). Not quite cloud chasing but a thick dense vape.
I guess the think with provape, is from my perspective, when I was using mine, as soon as I started looking into other types of vaping, there wasn't much that I could use the mod for. It is great with a kayfun and nautilus, probably the best thing on the market for those toppers, but if you wanted am Atlantis or subtank, or anything subohm I had to use something else.
Again, some people love that about them. They like having a dedicated mod that can't die.

Thank you. I am figuring this out slowly but surely! I appreciate your help. I like to switch up and I am a bit of a collector ;) Would the nautilus work on the hex ohm? Sounds like it would.

Found this on Provape's website http://www.provape.com/Kabuki-P3-thread-tank-by-House-of-Hybrids-p/kabukip3.htm does anyone have any thoughts on this? Is is a regular tank or is it a sub ohm tank?
I have been using the Kabuki/ Radius setup for about a week now. The Kabuki is not a subohm tank but uses nautilis heads. I wish I had paid closer attention when purchasing the tank as it will only work with the p3 (radius specific) connection. I like the tank but I am mostly a mouth to lung vaper. For lung hits, it isn't very satisfying, even with the airflow wide open.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been using the Kabuki/ Radius setup for about a week now. The Kabuki is not a subohm tank but uses nautilis heads. I wish I had paid closer attention when purchasing the tank as it will only work with the p3 (radius specific) connection. I like the tank but I am mostly a mouth to lung vaper. For lung hits, it isn't very satisfying, even with the airflow wide open.
What did the Kabuki cost? I was thinking about ordering one as an upgrade for my sister to use on her Provari V2, but needs 510 threads.. And $200 for the Radius with P3 threads is a touch too much just to use the Kabuki for MTL (sister)..oh well, no worries, she can still use her STM with the 1.2 ohm coils for now, lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I would suggest a 2.5. Get the silver with the option for p3 top and a Kabuki tank. $180 and the best set up money can buy...

darkangel07760

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would suggest a 2.5. Get the silver with the option for p3 top and a Kabuki tank. $180 and the best set up money can buy...
I did end up getting the 2.5, thank you! I got a kabuki 510 arriving, but why would you recommend the p3 top? Thanks!

sent from my Galaxy Note 5

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I did end up getting the 2.5, thank you! I got a kabuki 510 arriving, but why would you recommend the p3 top? Thanks!

sent from my Galaxy Note 5
No problem. The p3 is more durable. I pocket carry and have broken a number of 510 pins...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Don't get freaked out about not having a p3 connection. It's a provape proprietary thing.
The reality is, yes it is much sturdier and beefier connection. However, there are only 3 tanks made that utilize it and only provape mods. Should you ever decide to use anything else on the Market you'll need an adapter. Unfortunately there isn't an adapter for a tank to go from p3 to 510. So, if you have a kabuki with p3 you can't use it on anything other than a mod with a p3 connection. You're essentially marrying the tank to the mod . In two years of vaping, 39 mods(including 2, 2.5s and a p3) and twice as many toppers I have never broken a 510. If the p3 caught on, and adapters were made to make it more practical that would be nice; unfortunately, that is not the reality. I have a p3 and a 510 kabuki, I bought the 510, because I have 38 other mods with a 510, and I prefer a small box over a tube for my grab and go mod- my personal choice for comfort and cancealability.

Long story short, you made a very smart, long term purchase congratulations on kicking the cigs!

Last edited:

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One of my other hobbies is guns and its really easy to buy everything American when it comes to shooting sports. Once I started vaping, I quickly found that I would have to get over the whole "avoid china" thing. If you can afford to by all American vape gear, more power too you. As a regulated device guy, I've learned to live with it.

VaperJedi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, Ecigs were invented by an American, but nothing happened with his patent (due to poor battery technology back then), it expired. It was reinvented and started to take off in China. So, I would have to give it to China as the creator of a working practical Ecig. Also, many of the electronic chips are made in Asia in general, along with Lithium Ion technology.. so, it just makes sense that they are more advanced than their American competitors. Now, if only China had America's attention to making a solid device, we'd have it made.

If I had to put things together myself, I would have an American body, case and connector, Chinese Electronics, and Japanese batteries and American QC.

Just my opinion.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have you seen Chinese boards vs. American boards?

VaperJedi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have you seen Chinese boards vs. American boards?

You're talking about the DNA Vs Yihi... Evolv has usually been playing catch-up with Yihi.. with the new DNA 200 board, they have and possibly surpassed Yihi.. but if you go by what history has shown, Yihi will come out with better... and Evolv will be the same for the next few years... most my mods have yihi chips, and all have be extremely reliable.

darkangel07760

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
One of my other hobbies is guns and its really easy to buy everything American when it comes to shooting sports. Once I started vaping, I quickly found that I would have to get over the whole "avoid china" thing. If you can afford to by all American vape gear, more power too you. As a regulated device guy, I've learned to live with it.
I agree. I just wanted one setup to be all American made :)

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's funny years ago....there were alot of vapers who had a real issue about giving money to China,now nobody seems to care.as fewer and fewer people build their own set ups we will need a source of depertely poor people to build our coils for us.so China will do fine. Maybe I should move to Hati or Vietnam and open a factory....

Last edited:

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The hard truth is, you can buy American all you want and it won't make a difference when it comes to the economy or job growth / creation. If you really want to make a difference, buy local. We get all our produce, dairy, meat and eggs from local farmers since we live in a rural area. I wonder if any of the farmers around here moonlight as mod makers...

VU Sponsors