Become a Patron!

Best Batteries for all these new 30 watt mini devices

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am still trying to figure out all the batteries that are out there. So with all these new mini 30 watt devices coming out and if I stay at .5 ohms and above as far as coils go what are the best batteries to get. I have the purple efest 2500 mah 35A but it does not seem to last long. What other options would you recommend since the sonys are no longer available. What other batteries would work in these devices to work .5 ohm coils and above. Namely the Atlantis .5 and Subtank .5 coils? Using these on the cloupor mini and ipv mini.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I use 2500 MaH MXJO's in my Zero clone. VTC5's in all of my unregulateds.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At 30w you don't have to sweat it like someone running a 0.2 on a mech.

Any of the common around here batteries are fine (Panasonic 25r, LG he2 or 4). You could probably run a higher mah battery like the 2800's that I've seen to get more life out of it. They have higher internal resistance so not as good for a mech, but 20a constant is fine for 30w.

Scooby

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
At 30w you don't have to sweat it like someone running a 0.2 on a mech.

Any of the common around here batteries are fine (Panasonic 25r, LG he2 or 4). You could probably run a higher mah battery like the 2800's that I've seen to get more life out of it. They have higher internal resistance so not as good for a mech, but 20a constant is fine for 30w.
I believe you meant Samsung 25r. I used them on most of my regulated devices as well.

Scooby

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What amps do the batteries need to push these 30 watt mini devices?
.5 at 30 watts comes out to just below 8 amps but of course it's better to play it safe with a 20 amp continuous battery.

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What about these? Anyone have any experience with the
LG 18650 IMR 2500MAH 35A FLAT TOP BATTERY

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I believe you meant Samsung 25r. I used them on most of my regulated devices as well.

Yeah, my bad. Samsung. Just got one last week. Nice battery.

What about these? Anyone have any experience with the
LG 18650 IMR 2500MAH 35A FLAT TOP BATTERY

Those are fine. They are the he2 or 4 20a continuous, 35a burst. More than enough.

If your device is limited to 30w you could look into a higher mah 20a battery to get more vape hours out of it. Can't think of it but I think a purple efest at 2800 is available, there may be others like a mxjo?
Most likely all the same cells with different color wrappers.

I am just changing over from a mech and I used the lowest resistance 2500's in it so I don't have mental notes on the higher mah batteries.

Last edited:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol, yeah, I guess reports are coming in that it doesn't like being charged on a pulse (?) current charger like a car or laptop connection. They suggest using a constant current plug in the wall unit like what comes with a cell phone.

Just a heads up... only wall charge it and don't leave it unattended while charging. Hell, maybe till you've got a good 10 charges on it to know it's ok... charge it outside :eek:
Or don't charge in the mod at all and pull the battery to charge it on a regular charger.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
I dunno man. I'm seeing reports of this thing having meltdowns while unattended/on standby mode as well. There are a couple of other bloggers who have picked up on it as well.

It's difficult to lend credibility to something that seems out there on the fringe like that, so it's a tough call. You want to make people aware of it, but at the risk of sounding like a crazy person. Regardless, the device clearly has issues. If I owned one of these things, I'd take the batteries of it immediately and quit using it. But that's just me.

YMMV (your mileage may vary) goes with any report like what's going on with the Cloupor Mini. There's going to be defective stuff in anything that's mass produced, that's just the way it goes. But this thing is shaping up to be an epidemic, not just a few isolated instances.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, that's too bad. I almost bought that one but decided on having a little more wattage... thankfully. That really sucks when a new toy disappoints.

The good thing is they are under $40 so it's not that painful. Maybe for those that have them and don't want to chance it, grab a long charge cable and charge it off your car but outside it on the driveway and let it self destruct and get your money back.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
The good thing is they are under $40...

That's where these Chinese manufacturers go wrong, in my opinion. Their economy revolves around who can move the most product at the cheapest price. Quality and longevity are secondary. Maybe if this was a $50 or $60 device with better materials, it wouldn't be having these problems.

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you're buying batteries for a Cloupor Mini, I would strongly suggest buying...
...a battery that is fire-proof.

LOL , right and use the efest bag for charging lipos.

Lol, yeah, I guess reports are coming in that it doesn't like being charged on a pulse (?) current charger like a car or laptop connection. They suggest using a constant current plug in the wall unit like what comes with a cell phone.
Just a heads up... only wall charge it and don't leave it unattended while charging. Hell, maybe till you've got a good 10 charges on it to know it's ok... charge it outside :eek:
Or don't charge in the mod at all and pull the battery to charge it on a regular charger.

Thats what I am currently doing, charging my batteries in external charger. The mini is working fine for me, but knowing Cloupor's record on previous devices I am not taking the risk.

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's where these Chinese manufacturers go wrong, in my opinion. Their economy revolves around who can move the most product at the cheapest price. Quality and longevity are secondary. Maybe if this was a $50 or $60 device with better materials, it wouldn't be having these problems.
I totally agree with you, but we know that it's not going to happen with their mass production mindset.

VU Sponsors