Become a Patron!

Best battery for 0.4Ohm/40-60Watt setup

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey. Just switched to a proper mod which uses rechargeable batteries as opposed to internal. I was reading that different types of batteries are best suited to different power requirements. What would you suggest for my setup? The sales guys in my area are all saying the LG batteries are not good and I should go with AWT. I'm worried as well since I've just come from YouTube watching videos talk about short circuiting batteries sending people to the hospital lol

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And the mod has a "soft" mode which slowly builds up to the wattage set. Not sure if that makes a difference.

It's a Vaporesso Revenger X

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
First, quit worrying. Your mod is fully regulated. Blowing up a regulated mod, while possible, is VERY unlikely. As far as LGs not being good, BULLSHIT!!! LG, Sonny, and Samsung are considered the "big three" in the vaping world. My personal favorites are the LG HG2. My vaping style is like yours 40 to 60w with .2 to .5 ohm coils. The HG2 should do you just fine. If you start pushing past 100w then a different battery would be in order. Sounds like your local shop is pushing what they have on hand to me.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First, quit worrying. Your mod is fully regulated. Blowing up a regulated mod, while possible, is VERY unlikely. As far as LGs not being good, BULLSHIT!!! LG, Sonny, and Samsung are considered the "big three" in the vaping world. My personal favorites are the LG HG2. My vaping style is like yours 40 to 60w with .2 to .5 ohm coils. The HG2 should do you just fine. If you start pushing past 100w then a different battery would be in order. Sounds like your local shop is pushing what they have on hand to me.

THIS.
LG, Sony and Samsung are the best vaping 19650 batteries.
LG HG2 would work or Sony VTC5A or Samsung 25R.

I do not think that AWT actually makes batteries. In any cast they are not typically top rated.
I agree sounds like a vape shop pushing something they sell.
I order all my batteries from illumn.com for $5-6 per cell, which is generally MUCH cheaper than a lower quality battery sold by a vape shop.

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah and I've been reading in the forum that no vaping battery is actually 40A. But also my selection is limited where I am. Although they do have Sony as well.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah and I've been reading in the forum that no vaping battery is actually 40A. But also my selection is limited where I am. Although they do have Sony as well.
The highest accurately rated 18650 battery is 30 amps and there are only 4 maybe of those.
A true rated 20 amp cell should work for you.

Battery Mooch is considered the battery guru of vaping batteries.
Here is his youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCePHh3NMvu3rW2LFJeOWo-Q
there are 3 must watch videops there on mods, ohms law, vaping and battery safety.
there are also links there to his battery test results on the AWT batteries and many more.
Trust Mooch about vaping batteries. A kid in a vape shop? not so much.

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What Cromwell meant by AWT not making batteries is, they don't make their own. They buy rejects and factory seconds from major companies like Sony and LG and "re-wrap them with their logo. The problem with that is you just don't know what you are getting from them. And as noted, check out Battery Mooch, he knows batteries and he systematically tests and rates LOTS of batteries. He does know batteries. Check out his top rated batts and then choose from that list. I've based 99% of my battery choices off of his recommendations and never had a single issue with anything he's recommended.

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At 0.4Ω you wouldn't even need to worry about blowing an unregulated mod. Most batteries will only blow if you go LOW on the resistance unless there's a defect or you don't practice basic battery safety. That's only 12.25a even at 60w, which is well within the CDR of even the lowest CDR batteries I've seen (15a.)

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At 0.4Ω you wouldn't even need to worry about blowing an unregulated mod. Most batteries will only blow if you go LOW on the resistance unless there's a defect or you don't practice basic battery safety. That's only 12.25a even at 60w, which is well within the CDR of even the lowest CDR batteries I've seen (15a.)
18650's used in laptops and flashlights are often under 5A CDR,
And some rewrapped batteries labeled as 30A have been 10-15 A CDR.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hey. Just switched to a proper mod which uses rechargeable batteries as opposed to internal. I was reading that different types of batteries are best suited to different power requirements. What would you suggest for my setup? The sales guys in my area are all saying the LG batteries are not good and I should go with AWT. I'm worried as well since I've just come from YouTube watching videos talk about short circuiting batteries sending people to the hospital lol
Tell "the sales guy he permanently lost a customer and all credibility" LGHG2 20A 3000mah high drain battery will suit your need and go longer between charges. Find another vape shop. If you really want to have fun... ask him who manufactured the AWT cells. If he says AWT ask where the factory is. In fact, according to Mooch (battery guru) that 3000mah 40A AWT is actually a 3000mah 20A battery and suffers damage after only 1 discharge at 40A. It is in fact lower quality than the lghg2.
https://www.facebook.com/batterymoo...157550007158/1657865737836339/?type=3&theater

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unfortunately, batteries are not regulated by the FDA. The only regulation that I'm aware of in regard to lithium batteries is the Dangerous Goods Act, which only requires that batteries be specially labelled and packaged so that there's no chance of activation or shorting, and that falls under the Department of Transportation as far as I know.

There are no regulations that specifically deal with the relabelling of batteries, at least as far as I'm aware. This is where legislation is needed though because those who don't know any better will find themselves buying batteries rated at 30 amps when they're actually 15 and they'll end up hurting themselves. However, just like the incidents where children ended up killing themselves by ingesting nicotine, it's probably going to take quite a few more accidents to move the Government to do anything at all in that regard. I find it rather amusing that when companies put other people in danger, our Government does nothing, but when a couple kids swallow Nicotine, they suddenly start over-regulating.

Perhaps I'd better keep my big mouth shut, or the sale of Lithium batteries will be banned altogether, LOL!

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep champton.

I would like to see it be made illegal to falsely label or knowingly sell or import falsely labelled batteries with sizeable fines and or other criminal penalties.
And mandatory recalls on any defective or falsely labelled batteries.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn kinda shitty the salesman would suggest awt saying they're better than LG

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn kinda shitty the salesman would suggest awt saying they're better than LG

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Ahh the difference between a salesman and real customer support.
You take good care of a customer and you will have a repeat customer with repeat sales.
Poor customer service and they will look elsewhere to buy.

VU Sponsors