Become a Patron!

Best Box Mod

Hi. I've vaped for a while but always just used other people's vapes, plan on getting my own. I'm looking for a temp control mod in the 40w-75w range with a great battery. I tend to chain vape. In your opinion? Thank you!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
There are Many out there...My Favorite is my Snow Wolf Mini....They have a 90w version of it now also.
There are cheaper options that provide more options also like the Evic VTC, Wismec Presa, IPV D2/3, Isticks, Sigilei Minibook, CoolFire's, MVP's, SuBox, Subox Mini, KBox, Kbox Mini, and thousands of others...They all are about the same price but do the same job, its all personal preference...
They usually are in the $30-$60 Range.

I just received the UD Balrog 70w Kit and it one of the smallest Mods Ive used, here it is next to my Snow Wolf Mini and Cuboid:
Balrog.jpg
Balrog vs Istick 30w:
Balrog vs Istick.jpg Balrog vs Istick .jpg Balrog vs Istick  .jpg

Attachments

• Balrog vs Istick  .jpg
    Balrog vs Istick .jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 16

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Personal fan of the dna200 for tc and the hexohm for kanthal
temporary_zpsouu5tk5o.jpg

temporary_zps20orwxny.jpg
temporary_zpsellh110i.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Personal fan of the dna200 for tc and the hexohm for kanthal
temporary_zpsouu5tk5o.jpg

temporary_zps20orwxny.jpg
temporary_zpsellh110i.jpg
Thats not a " I'm looking for a temp control mod in the 40w-75w range with a great battery." mod though...plus they are EXPENSIVE AS FUCK, not so much for someone looking for a small cheap mod, but I know buying the best at first solves a lot of issues down the road but most dont go for it.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thats not a " I'm looking for a temp control mod in the 40w-75w range with a great battery." mod though...plus they are EXPENSIVE AS FUCK, not so much for someone looking for a small cheap mod, but I know buying the best at first solves a lot of issues down the road but most dont go for it.
Agreed, but showing the spectrum lets someone really see what's out there to make an informed decision. When I was first getting off the ego I had the blinders on, so I try and do what I can; when I have the chance to, of adding a variety for a shopper.
You're totally right though.

on the flip, that new istick 100w tc looks to be a killer option too for under 45$

Last edited:

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Basically all of the (including afore mentioned) single 18650 mods won't have good battery life, unless you use higher resistance coils, which would require lower power. Otherwise dual 18650 mods would be better.

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There are Many out there...My Favorite is my Snow Wolf Mini....They have a 90w version of it now also.
There are cheaper options that provide more options also like the Evic VTC, Wismec Presa, IPV D2/3, Isticks, Sigilei Minibook, CoolFire's, MVP's, SuBox, Subox Mini, KBox, Kbox Mini, and thousands of others...They all are about the same price but do the same job, its all personal preference...

I just received the UD Balrog 70w Kit and it one of the smallest Mods Ive used, here it is next to my Snow Wolf Mini and Cuboid:
View attachment 40348
Balrog vs Istick 30w:
View attachment 40350 View attachment 40351 View attachment 40352
love the looks of your snow wolf

aje81

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It is tough to beat the isticks for your first mod with great battery life. My first real mod other than an ego was the istick 50watt. This thing is still running strong today after almost two years of steady use, as well as my girlfriends which is just as old. I personally hate temp guessing so dont bother looking for mods with this feature but still love Evolv and Yihi boards these days. My favorite mod uses the SX350J and this thing is plenty of power and then some. Something about the ramp up makes this board really shine. If your looking for "The Best" I would consider that board as your platform.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 40348
Balrog vs Istick 30w:
View attachment 40350 View attachment 40351 View attachment 40352

Snow wolf mini 90watt?!?!?

Ok just saw it available for pre-order. I want one. At 100 watts that will be what, 15 min of battery life? I'm gonna love every second of it.

SOC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For the same price range you can find a 150 or 200 Watt box mod. No harm in going big, you have more power to play with down the road if your tastes expand. It'll require two 18650s, which means 1) you can replace crap batteries rather than toss a whole mod if the power cell craps out, and 2) around 2 days of vaping.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Snow wolf mini 90watt?!?!?

Ok just saw it available for pre-order. I want one. At 100 watts that will be what, 15 min of battery life? I'm gonna love every second of it.
Yea I was pretty pissed off I didnt see one up there when I ordered my Crimson Mini...I may buy the 90w though, just for the fun of it

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
For the same price range you can find a 150 or 200 Watt box mod. No harm in going big, you have more power to play with down the road if your tastes expand. It'll require two 18650s, which means 1) you can replace crap batteries rather than toss a whole mod if the power cell craps out, and 2) around 2 days of vaping.
Its a single 18650 mod bro..replaceable when it dies just like the dual 18650 mods.
See:
Clear Wraps   .jpg

SOC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No shit dude I wasn't actually responding to you just to the OP in general LOL

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
No shit dude I wasn't actually responding to you just to the OP in general LOL
You didnt quote him so to the people actually replying to the thread it seems as if you were responding to the last comments posted...

VU Sponsors