Become a Patron!

Best builds for the goblin mini v1

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi there. Which builds do you guys say are the best for:
1. Clouds
2. Flavor

For the goblin mini. I have been using this tank but struggled to get the perfect builds.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Mine's simple and boring, and I'm more MTL than DL or clouds. I'm here for FLAVA!!

I do the single coil, spaced, 28g at 1.2 ohms, wick with rayon barely into juice channels and go.

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Best I've gotten my goblin mini for decent clouds was an 8 wrap 24g 2.5mm but warning it's a difficult build to get it to fit you have to do perfect wraps even a slightly off wrap might touch the chimney you also have to get it as close as possible to the posts. With that build you should be able to run it between 30-50 watts 40 being my preference. With the smaller gauge builds your lucky if you can run it at 30 watts probably more around 20-25. Honestly if your trying to get big clouds I'd go with a griffin or mutank for clouds. The goblin mini imo is more of a flavor tank it has great flavor I'd say one of the best. It's also one of the hardest to build on since it has such a small deck. If I had to give a list of best flavor tanks it would probably be #1 goblin mini v1 #2 billow v2 (haven't tried the v3 yet) #3 griffin #4 mutank but if I had to judge all around performance #1 griffin #2 mutank #3 billow v2 #4 goblin mini v1.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Cant really do much more then a 6 Wrap 26G 2.5mm build in the GM....Ive done claptons but there isnt enough space and it gets too hot for the lil bugger. Stick to gauges higher then 24g and stay under 2.5mm ID.

Maybe a Twisted 3 x 30g build would do nicely?

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cant really do much more then a 6 Wrap 26G 2.5mm build in the GM....Ive done claptons but there isnt enough space and it gets too hot for the lil bugger. Stick to gauges higher then 24g and stay under 2.5mm ID.

Maybe a Twisted 3 x 30g build would do nicely?
You can definately fit 24 gauge in the goblin mini and not get too hot

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You can definately fit 24 gauge in the goblin mini and not get too hot
I said the claptons I had made it too hot and advised to use gauges 24g and higher. I wasnt trying to say 24g was too hot to use.

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I said the claptons I had made it too hot and advised to use gauges 24g and higher. I wasnt trying to say 24g was too hot to use.
O ok sorry I misunderstood what you were saying.

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here's a picture of the build I use its a 9 wrap 24g kanthology 2.5mm

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here's a picture of the build I use its a 9 wrap 24g kanthology 2.5mm

Attachments

• 1459554462915775970564.jpg
    1459554462915775970564.jpg
    534.8 KB · Views: 47

Deryan3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I tried a few set up on my GM but seemed to have settled in on a 28g 1.2 ohm, 2mm ID single coil myself...

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
24 Ga titanium, dual contact coils, 5 wraps on a 1.5mm mandrel is my go-to build for that tank.

I do the same for my bellus, except that one gets twisted 24 ga ti.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't wanna try Ti. I heard it can't be dry burned? However I think I'll try out the 8 wrap 24g kanthal contact coils 2.5mm ID dual coils

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a complete convert to temp control, and Ti is all I'll use anymore.

My coils last until I decide to change them, although like anything else they'll gunk up a bit. I still dry burn them, but do so in tc mode with the temperature turned up. Not quite as quick and easy to clean as firing kanthal till it's glowing white and rinsing, but honestly not that much more difficult and the taste on a properly setup Ti coil in tc mode is miles ahead of kanthal imho.

Fwiw, the reason people don't like dry burning Ti is because if you overdo it, it can form a white powder layer of Titanium dioxide. Ti02 is generally regarded as safe to consume, but you probably don't want to be inhaling it. On the bright side, a quick rinse under water, maybe a little brushing, and it washes completely away. The supposed risk is completely overblown imo.

Whatever works for you and keep you happily vaping though! :)

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a complete convert to temp control, and Ti is all I'll use anymore.

My coils last until I decide to change them, although like anything else they'll gunk up a bit. I still dry burn them, but do so in tc mode with the temperature turned up. Not quite as quick and easy to clean as firing kanthal till it's glowing white and rinsing, but honestly not that much more difficult and the taste on a properly setup Ti coil in tc mode is miles ahead of kanthal imho.

Fwiw, the reason people don't like dry burning Ti is because if you overdo it, it can form a white powder layer of Titanium dioxide. Ti02 is generally regarded as safe to consume, but you probably don't want to be inhaling it. On the bright side, a quick rinse under water, maybe a little brushing, and it washes completely away. The supposed risk is completely overblown imo.

Whatever works for you and keep you happily vaping though! :)
I did try Ti but it was a much cooler vape. When I first tried TC it was long ago..... I had the Evic VT and purchased the TC and the flavor was muted. After that, I've never used TC again.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The key is getting it setup properly. Once it's dialed there is no going back imo.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mine is simple, 2 strands of twisted 28 Gauge, wrapped around a 2.5mm Mandrel. Depending on wraps, between .4 and .75 Ohms. Japanese cotton (Koh Gen Do, et cetera). That's my flavor build which is what I use the Mini for. :zombie: <--- Flavor Zombie.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My fave build for the G-Mini

2 piece twisted 26ga SS316L with 28ga Kanthal A1... 6 wraps @ 2.5 mm diameter.
This yields a dual coil setup of .18 ohms and works with both (SS algorithm) temp control and wattage mode.
This build is just mouth watering at about 340 - 380 degrees.

66071aacf060982493a5f579a8f8d762.jpg

I also tried it using only Twisted SS but it's a little hot. One of the properties of SS is that it holds heat. Twisted SS IMO, doesn't cool down fast enough. It keeps vaping for a couple secs after you're done. The Kanthal is needed to increase the resistance and let the coils cool faster.
It's delishimus... :bliss:

PS There are no clouds bro:) from the lil Gobbler. It ain't that kinda party. Strictly a flavor machine.
I would of definitely tried your build, it looks very promising however I'm out of 28G kanthal. Only have 26g&32g

VU Sponsors