Become a Patron!

Best ceramic coil sub ohm tanks for clouds and flavor?

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I want to get one because they look pretty awesome. I saw grimmgreen's video on the cci maus tank. He just said eh about the flavor. I want to know what the best one is that produces crazy clouds and crazy flavor :)
Thank you!

keithh1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So far I think the Kanger ceramic coils are top for me. I have Vaporesso coils and they are good but too tight of a hit. Kanger I can vape up to 70w and flavor and cloud production is awesome. I vape juice killer Enzo and I been vaping on it since last Friday with no problems yet.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does the Maus tank use ceramic coils? I personally won't use ceramic but have a friend who is a big fan and swears by the Vaporesso coils and the Freemax ones. I don't know about the flavor but from what I've seen, the vapor production doesn't seem to be on par with Kanthal coils at the same watts and resistance.

Mjjmfa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, grimm green said it had amazing clouds just the flavor is eh

Jamie :)

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So far I think the Kanger ceramic coils are top for me. I have Vaporesso coils and they are good but too tight of a hit. Kanger I can vape up to 70w and flavor and cloud production is awesome. I vape juice killer Enzo and I been vaping on it since last Friday with no problems yet.

What make/brand Kanger ceramics are you using? I purchased the Atom gCeramics and the flavor on it was not good at all.

keithh1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Kanger ceramic coils made by Kanger themselves.

You might think about the Vaporesso Gemini tank with the new stainless ceramic coil, really good reviews on it...can be used both in power mod or temp control mode. Think I'm going to get one....I like the other vaporesso ceramic coils, this one supposed to have a wider airflow.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, grimm green said it had amazing clouds just the flavor is eh

Jamie :)

Ok don't mean to harp on this but I re-watched the Grimm video and checked the CCI website and the Maus tank does not have ceramic coils. In fact, I could not find a single CCI product that uses ceramic coils. I've been considering a Maus for a while so was surprised to hear that as I never came across anything regarding ceramic. Looks like they haven't joined the craze; I like that and makes me want the tank more.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You might think about the Vaporesso Gemini tank with the new stainless ceramic coil, really good reviews on it...can be used both in power mod or temp control mode. Think I'm going to get one....I like the other vaporesso ceramic coils, this one supposed to have a wider airflow.
I'm in the same boat. I'm probably going to try the 0.5 SS coils in my Triton 2 or Atlantis first before buying the tank. I did that with the 0.9s and never ended up getting the Vaporesso tank because they did what I wanted in my Triton. It's good to hear they've got wider airflow to go along with the lower resistance. The tight pull was my only real knock on the 0.9-ohm cCells.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Back to the OP's question. There's the Krixus, the Cerakoat, the Scylla, the Gigue Dolphin, the Ceravape Soter (which looks like the Horizon Turbo with three coils in the tank at one time), the Vaporesso, the ELeaf for the Melo 2, the Kanger, and I'm sure there are more. Feel free to add to the list and please state your preference.

Froggie1rw

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I have the Krixus and love it. My vape guy let me try his before I bought mine. Great clean flavor and cloud. I tried a lemonade in it and the lemon came through very nicely. I have also tried unicorn milk in it and it was the best I have ever tasted that juice. I really haven't had any issues with flooding. The only time it has leaked is when I forget to close the bottom air flow while filling the tank and it runs out, but that's on me not the tank lol. It comes with an extra Pyrex tank, o rings, cotton for re-wicking and an extra head. The heads are supposed to last up to six months. Just don't drop the head lol.

Last edited:

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Back to the OP's question. There's the Krixus, the Cerakoat, the Scylla, the Gigue Dolphin, the Ceravape Soter (which looks like the Horizon Turbo with three coils in the tank at one time), the Vaporesso, the ELeaf for the Melo 2, the Kanger, and I'm sure there are more. Feel free to add to the list and please state your preference.

Off hand, there's the Ceramikus counterpart to the Scylla, and a couple of COV tanks like the Defiant and Phoenix.

The Cerakoat is coated with a ceramic layer to prevent scuffs and scratches, but does not have ceramic coils, afaik. It's more like a refined Cleito.

The Vaporesso 0.9 and ni200 should fit most of the many Atlantis compatible tanks, but it's not my cup of Jo. Same with Freemax. Higher hopes for the Kanger.

There are Atom G ceramic coils now, but their Claptons were not great in the Arctic or Atlantis 2. Crown came later, not sure if ok or not. Heard their Kanger coils were better.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Off hand, there's the Ceramikus counterpart to the Scylla, and a couple of COV tanks like the Defiant and Phoenix.

The Cerakoat is coated with a ceramic layer to prevent scuffs and scratches, but does not have ceramic coils, afaik. It's more like a refined Cleito.

The Vaporesso 0.9 and ni200 should fit most of the many Atlantis compatible tanks, but it's not my cup of Jo. Same with Freemax. Higher hopes for the Kanger.

There are Atom G ceramic coils now, but their Claptons were not great in the Arctic or Atlantis 2. Crown came later, not sure if ok or not. Heard their Kanger coils were better.
I've put the Vaporesso 0.9 into my Atlantis and Triton 2 and it works very well. Clean flavor and nice clouds. I've got a box of the 0.5s on order and they should be here Monday. 90% of the time I use the Vaporessos in those two Aspire tanks now. The only time I use Aspire coils except in my Cleito is if they're Claptons, but those burn out so fast they aren't worth it.

I'm with you on the Atom Vapes coils. Their Claptons were such crap I'm not even going to bother with the ceramics unless they start getting reviews that say they're God's gift to vapers or something similar. For now, I'm pretty much on a 3-tank rotation: Crown, Cleito, and Triton 2 w/Vaporesso ceramic coils. I'll occasionally break out the TFV4 if I've got way too much juice lying around and I just need to get rid of some of it ;-). I plan to get some Snake coils and work my Arctic V8 Mini into the mix when VaporWorld gets them back in stock, but I'm not paying $22 from someplace else for them. They're good, but not that good. The Hives weren't that impressive and the Tigers also burn out way too fast. Snakes are really good on flavor and last as long or longer than the Crown 0.25s.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If your looking for the best sub ohm coils I believe Tobeco is the best. They have huge vertical slots instead of small holes. They last a long time also.

VU Sponsors