Become a Patron!

Best charger and batteries

Mechanix

Member For 4 Years
Hey guys looking for the best set up I'm thinking about ordering the sig 150 tc but didn't know what the best batteries and charger combo would be I don't know how much I'll be using the tc right away and I like to vape in the 75 to 100w range so looking for some batteries that will last me a day or two any input appreciated TNA

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I like the Samsung 25R batteries.

Just make sure you order 4 of them and then mark them and use them only as matched pairs in your Siggy.

I am a fan of the Xtar charges and would suggest a 4 bay unit.

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I agree with RJ on the charger. I only have the 2 bay but it's great!!! I think @TygerTyger posted a deal on the vapor joe canada site for the 4 bay under $20. You might see if it's still live. I personally prefer the LG HE4's, but I hear good things about the Samsungs too.

Mechanix

Member For 4 Years
Alright thanks now have you heard anything about the Panasonic NCR 3400 with a Nitecore intellicharger d2 cause I found a bundle for 130 for the sig 150 batteries and charger just wondering if it's a good deal

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Alright thanks now have you heard anything about the Panasonic NCR 3400 with a Nitecore intellicharger d2 cause I found a bundle for 130 for the sig 150 batteries and charger just wondering if it's a good deal
I'm not familiar with those batteries, but Nitecore makes good chargers, probably my second choice, but a lot of people's first choice. Hopefully someone can chime in on the batteries. It almost sounds too good to be true for vaping. That's less than a buck a piece for batteries, so I'd be skeptical.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Panny 3400 is only rated at 6.8 amps continuous output and is unsuitable for use in the Sig 150.

Mechanix

Member For 4 Years
So what kind of ratings should I keep eye out for I think of a good battery as the one with the most mah but the more I look into it that's not always the case

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You want a 20 amp continuous rating at the minimum. 30 amps if you plan to use it at it's upper limits. There are some threads covering this very subject.
I'd be very leery of any vendor offering those Panasonic batteries in a package deal with the Sig 150. They either don't know better or don't care.

Mechanix

Member For 4 Years
This is what i was looking at what you guys think

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-20-17-02-41.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-20-17-02-41.png
    142.1 KB · Views: 20

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Like Lefty said, a decent 20A will take you to a theoretical max of 128W, and a 30A will cover everything.

Assuming the bundle you linked to contains Samsung 25r's you're really limited to 128w.

Don't get sucked in by rewraped brands, if it's not made by Sony, Samsung, or LG then it's not worth the risk.

You are right, capacity is the very last thing you should consider. Look at the amperage you need first then get the cell that can handle the power draw, and has the highest capacity or a capacity you're happy with.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This is what i was looking at what you guys think

Not so sure on the price for that sigelei...you can buy them for $70.00 new other places...lol

Samsung 25R's (20 amp) and Sony VTC4's (30 amp) are the most commonly used batteries for a reason...they are of high quality and they have sufficient continuous amp ratings for there intended use.

The sigelei runs a "series" style battery sled...so this means if you buy two 2500mah batteries (samsungs) you will have 5000mah...and 4200 mah for the vtc4's but capable of lower ohm builds and higher wattage...A trade off to consider.

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The Sigelei 150 in that ad is not the new temp control version. It's the one that's been out a while now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mechanix

Member For 4 Years
The Sigelei 150 in that ad is not the new temp control version. It's the one that's been out a while now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes I realise that I was just curious if that was a good bundle cause I don't currently have batteries or a charger yet I've always had fixed battery mods

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not so sure on the price for that sigelei...you can buy them for $70.00 new other places...lol

Samsung 25R's (20 amp) and Sony VTC4's (30 amp) are the most commonly used batteries for a reason...they are of high quality and they have sufficient continuous amp ratings for there intended use.

The sigelei runs a "series" style battery sled...so this means if you buy two 2500mah batteries (samsungs) you will have 5000mah...and 4200 mah for the vtc4's but capable of lower ohm builds and higher wattage...A trade off to consider.
You only get better life because the mod is using step down. You don't automatically get double the mah in a series config. Parallel is where you get twice the mah.

Series maths is different. For the same load, you get the same capacity as a single cell because you end up drawing double the Amps.

Take two buckets, one twice the capacity as theother. Fill them with water, Punch a hole in the smallest and another hole twice as big in the largest. You'll find they empty at exactly the same time.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Last i recall series doubles the mah but keeps the same amps...parallel doubles the amps but keeps the same mah.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Last i recall series doubles the mah but keeps the same amps...parallel doubles the amps but keeps the same mah.
Not the case. You double mAh and theoretically amp limit with a parallel configuration. MAh measures amp.draw over time until.voltage drops to a set limit. By spreading the load over two cells you in theory have each cell doing half the work ,thus double the potential for work to be done.

As with the bucket analogy, in series you've got double the voltage so the exact same load will draw double the amps and produce four times the power (Watts). Capacity, again, is amps drawn over time, so twice the amps drawn from two cells than from one sees the pair of cells drain at exactly the same time as one single cell.

If you don't believe me Google it. Battery University has some epic.articles on lithium ion, it's a really good read.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
NemesisVaper is correct. Parallel doubles mAh. Series does not.

However, it's worth noting that if you're working with a constant wattage, say 150W for example, then either going series or parallel will both get similar battery life. Power in watts is current multiplied by voltage. In series you have double the voltage so you have half the amps. So even though your mAh doesn't change, your amps halve so you get twice the battery life. In parallel you have the full amount of amps but double the mAh since it's split between two batteries, so again you get twice the battery life. So end result is the same, but it's incorrect to say you have twice the mAh in series.

VU Sponsors