Become a Patron!

Best charger for INR batteries.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello! So I was thinking of getting me the RX200 with a set of Samsung 25r batteries, and they are INR batteries (as I'm sure everyone knows). So my question here, is which charger is the best? I was looking at the Nitecore D4 charger, but some people had said it was finicky with INR batteries because they're a newer chemistry. I thought of the D4 because I like the idea of having a screen that shows how many volts in real time just so I could rest easy knowing it's not ruining batteries. Someone else had mentioned the Xtar VP4....... I don't know much about this charger, does it only charge 18650s?

All in all, what's the best charger to charge INR and IMR batteries correctly? Preferably with a screen to show what the charger is actively doing. Thanks all!

stmtpr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have had a Nitecore D4 charger for months now with zero problems. I don't currently have any Samsung 25r. But I do have LG HG2's, Samsung 30Q's which have all charged just fine.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have had a Nitecore D4 charger for months now with zero problems. I don't currently have any Samsung 25r. But I do have LG HG2's, Samsung 30Q's which have all charged just fine.

Both batteries are INR? So the D4 is fully capable of charging an INR without over charging or other issues?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Dude are you ever going to stop worrying and actually order a MOD? I thought you did!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The INR is the mfg. designation. They are Lithium Ion.

I have a couple chargers, an Xtar and an opus 4 bay. I like the Opus because I can charge from 200mah to 2000Mah (bays 1 and 4 for 2 amps). Plus it has a ton of other charging modes and can recondition over discharged batteries. I highly recommend the Opus.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The INR is the mfg. designation. They are Lithium Ion.

I have a couple chargers, an Xtar and an opus 4 bay. I like the Opus because I can charge from 200mah to 2000Mah (bays 1 and 4 for 2 amps). Plus it has a ton of other charging modes and can recondition over discharged batteries. I highly recommend the Opus.
Awesome! I'll look into that! So many to choose from. Thanks!

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought you ordered a MOD last month?
Didn't end up ordering it, money issues. It's been put off because of that. I'm still using my Tesla Two at this point. I'm saving up cash to go all out and get the mod, some cells, and a charger all at once. I stopped worrying about the mods and what not after doing extensive reading, now it's just a matter of setting aside the cash.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To get going the RX200S can be charged via USB.
I considered that, but read a lot of threads about uneven charging and even a few about it killing cells. Lots of threads about how the USB charging on the mod is terrible. Just gonna buy all at once most likely. So it's money right now, I brushed up on regulated mods in like a week and I'm cool with buying one lol

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you believe all that you read you will never buy a MOD. There are hundreds or maybe thousands who swear the 510 is bad. Well 90% of those telling you that do not have in there hand or collection. You said in another thread you ordered one. I have an RX200S and I updated the software so it is an RX250S now. Charge the batteries out in the field or at home I am NOT worried about it. All cells charge evenly use the display to confirm it.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you believe all that you read you will never buy a MOD. There are hundreds or maybe thousands who swear the 510 is bad. Well 90% of those telling you that do not have in there hand or collection. You said in another thread you ordered one. I have an RX200S and I updated the software so it is an RX250S now. Charge the batteries out in the field or at home I am NOT worried about it. All cells charge evenly use the display to confirm it.
I don't remember saying I ever went through with ordering one. If I did, I was about to and didn't end up doing it. (probably the case) was the rx200s fixed for internal charging? I'm torn between the rx200 and 200s because the 200s has some strange blocky font. (Preference mostly). If it's a better device all around, I may just get it.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
???? WTF? Blocky Font? If you are so concerned you can customize the fonts with some 3rd party freeware. You have every excuse and then even more.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
???? WTF? Blocky Font? If you are so concerned you can customize the fonts with some 3rd party freeware. You have every excuse and then even more.
No need to start getting rude now, everyone starts somewhere and everyone's a noob at some point. And if I'm not mistaken, that's what these forums are for, sharing information.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Both mods have the same board and same 510 .. The screen is the major difference
As to charging - I never use an onboard charger unkess I'm using a lipo mod.

I prefer to keep that plug for updates. NOt to mention the balance charger in the 200 has been suspect in the past for a quality issue. HOWEVER the mod is great, just pick up a good charger for 20$ or less and you're set

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Both mods have the same board and same 510 .. The screen is the major difference
As to charging - I never use an onboard charger unkess I'm using a lipo mod.

I prefer to keep that plug for updates. NOt to mention the balance charger in the 200 has been suspect in the past for a quality issue. HOWEVER the mod is great, just pick up a good charger for 20$ or less and you're set
Thank you very much for the informative answer I was looking for! ;) Much appreciated.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sorry if You think I came off as rude but I am just stating the obvious. All your posts are worries and concerns about nothing.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry if You think I came off as rude but I am just stating the obvious. All your posts are worries and concerns about nothing.
I'd rather be informed before making an impulse purchase on something that can potentially be a safety hazard if used incorrectly. That's all.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
LOL. Get The RX200S, LG Hg2 3000 Mah Batteries, an Opus Charger, and you are set . Pay up front a bit more, or pay more later.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'd rather be informed before making an impulse purchase on something that can potentially be a safety hazard if used incorrectly. That's all.
Honestly:
Asking questions is good; and, alot of we older cats appreciate someone checking before they have an issue.
Here is what you need to focus on

Safety:. Battery safety is paramount, and much more important than the mod. The battery is the heart and soul of any mod. Put a torn wrapper in a mod and it can vent. Try to draw 15a from a 10a cell and it can vent
The mod is a computer: it only does what you tell it to do.
Ohms law:. Learn it and know it. Some mods are inheritnly safer than others, but you still need to know the Math. You will be ahead of the game if you ever go mechanical.- where you literally are the only safety device.

Don't make stupid lazy decisions. There have been more than one case of that mod having balance issues, a 20$ investment makes sense.

There some other useful info here, some will be repitious some will be new to you.
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/quick-start-vapor-guide-for-a-new-vapor.204757/

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You seriously went through the trouble to dig out my posts!? Hahahahaha dude, are you bored? Yea, all of those were about different things, I considered the cool fire tc100 and changed my mind, some of those are about battery chemistry and what's good, others are about worst case scenario if my Tesla just gets stuck....... You get the idea, I think you're dwelling on this so much more than me LOL

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No trouble it is very easy to list them to prove what I said I am not making this stuff up. With all those post I think you might have found the answers you are seeking. 2 posts on chargers. Yeah OK

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No trouble it is very easy to list them to prove what I said I am not making this stuff up. With all those post I think you might have found the answers you are seeking. 2 posts on chargers. Yeah OK
It's not okay to get second opinions? Dude, get a life, PLEASE go outside!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

When I started vaping I didn't think of looking for forums, I went to a B&M and asked questions for about an hour.
- and I have college degrees for circuit design and analysis.

Nothing wrong with a new vapor asking questions,
I would rather they ask here, than have an accident and become a statistic; because, some veteran vapor was to busy arguing rather than helping.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I did not say any ruled were broken I was just saying this is an ongoing what if doomsday scenario playing out. Tell him the device is good and inexpensive then he says the fonts suck? Going to type his documents on a MOD?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Having a bad day, Little buddy?

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How dare I ask for info on a forum that's about getting info! How dare I ask questions before blowing half my face off! Lol

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No need to ignore I like the entertainment value. The posts about nothing.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
OK, you guys can all rub his tushy all you want.
If it helps someone vape safe.

What do you think the forum is for?
It's purpose is to help each other out. The contests and the plethora of picture posts are more of lagniappe - not it's purpose for existing.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I never said not to help. Read the previous threads and maybe it will make sense.

Good Luck Vape on Safely

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
OH True irony the video won't play! LMFAO
So in other words now your goal is to derail the thread rather than offer anything useful?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nope not trying to derail the thread. Stop quoting me and I will not respond. Help the OP give it your best! Go for it!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hello! So I was thinking of getting me the RX200 with a set of Samsung 25r batteries, and they are INR batteries (as I'm sure everyone knows). So my question here, is which charger is the best? I was looking at the Nitecore D4 charger, but some people had said it was finicky with INR batteries because they're a newer chemistry. I thought of the D4 because I like the idea of having a screen that shows how many volts in real time just so I could rest easy knowing it's not ruining batteries. Someone else had mentioned the Xtar VP4....... I don't know much about this charger, does it only charge 18650s?

All in all, what's the best charger to charge INR and IMR batteries correctly? Preferably with a screen to show what the charger is actively doing. Thanks all!

Back to the OP

I use both a nitecore i4 and a xstar vc4
Both chargers were under 20$ and have served me well for a few years now.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Back to the OP

I use both a nitecore i4 and a xstar vc4
Both chargers were under 20$ and have served me well for a few years now.

Sweet! Does the xtar vp4 have a screen like the Nitecore D4? The screen on the D4 had me sold because I could check my batteries in real time!

EDIT: Looking at the vc4 now, it does have the screen I was looking for! Cool! I may go for this one.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sweet! Does the xtar vp4 have a screen like the Nitecore D4? The screen on the D4 had me sold because I could check my batteries in real time!

EDIT: Looking at the vc4 now, it does have the screen I was looking for! Cool! I may go for this one.
That is a damn good charger for not much money

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I have the Nitecore D4, Xtar VC4, and Efest LUC Blu6 and all three work great on 25r, HE2, HE4, VTC4, VTC5 30Q.
All three can be found between $20 and $30.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Late to the party, but I will NOT buy any more Nitecore chargers. Lots of people say how great they are, but over a two year span, I had three take a shit on me. I use them daily, and they couldn't hold up.

I now use Xstar for a charger.

VU Sponsors