Become a Patron!

Best Cloud Build For Single Samsung 25R Tube Mod?

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I originally posted this in the Cloud Chasers area, but there's no traffic there so I thought I'd have better luck here. Like the title says, I'm curious what the best build for cloud chasing would be on a tube mod using a single Samsung 25R battery. I have a few RDAs (with more on the way :D), so the best build is what I'm really interested in. I have both nichrome and kanthal, ranging from 20-40 gauge (even gauges only). I'm out of 20g N80 and 40g N80, but more is on the way.

Thanks!
CC

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I originally posted this in the Cloud Chasers area, but there's no traffic there so I thought I'd have better luck here. Like the title says, I'm curious what the best build for cloud chasing would be on a tube mod using a single Samsung 25R battery. I have a few RDAs (with more on the way :D), so the best build is what I'm really interested in. I have both nichrome and kanthal, ranging from 20-40 gauge (even gauges only). I'm out of 20g N80 and 40g N80, but more is on the way.

Thanks!
CC
Anything with more surface area and less ramp up/power drain for tube. Your best bet for stability and clouds would be a 22g tri-parallel build or Quad if you can manage it. It would ramp up fast and have crazy vapor production. Also Dual or Quad 8 wrap nano coils would be a recommended build.
This in Dual Coil:
MkAxzgg.jpg

or Nano Builds:
c39244d03219e22e8659c79ce1044b25.jpg

11311497_963787443644686_1456332592_n.jpg

Last edited:

njdevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Right now I am really loving Dual 28g Super Nanos.
Virtually no ramp up time, easy to build once you get the hang of it, pretty decent flavor if it's actually wicked right, and get pretty good vapor out of just a 1 second hit.
My biggest con is that they fly though juice and you have to drip often, but since I save my mech and rda vaping for when i'm at home that really doesn't bother me much.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Right now I am really loving Dual 28g Super Nanos.
Virtually no ramp up time, easy to build once you get the hang of it, pretty decent flavor if it's actually wicked right, and get pretty good vapor out of just a 1 second hit.
My biggest con is that they fly though juice and you have to drip often, but since I save my mech and rda vaping for when i'm at home that really doesn't bother me much.
If you can try using 22g and wrap them on a 1.3mm bit or similar (8-10 wraps)...Instantaneous ramp up and a nice warm vape, INSANE VP and Flavor. I wouldnt suggest doing dual coils but if you want a extreme experience your welcome to try it.

njdevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wrap mine around a piece of 24g,10 wraps keep the legs a little longer than on my normal builds so I can get the coils pushed down and put a little pressure on the wick cloud and the dual comes out @ a .40.
On my omega it's really not as warm as I first thought it was gonna be, airflow open on both sides and I use the adjustable drip tip from my TFV4 keeps it even a little cooler.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Okay, so @raymo2u based on these specs I should be able to run 22g duals?

25R.JPG

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Okay, so @raymo2u based on these specs I should be able to run 22g duals?

View attachment 33784
.4 Ohm is well within the Saftey Limits, Dual coil would still be well within the limits of the 25R
I have run a single 25R on the Cat-Track Arch Clapton/Staged with Dual 24g Paralell build and the battery barely got warm. I dont suggest it but I can say the Samsung 25R is a workhouse and I would trust it down to .07 on a single without hesitation (as long as it was relatively new and not abused).
If you are worried just stay .1 Ohm and above and you wont have any issues except battery life per run...

If my 25R barely started warming up from these builds then you should be good to go with any single wire coil...
20151004_205816-jpg.32533
20150929_131535-jpg.32532

Last edited:

VU Sponsors