Best coil builds for creamy juice tasting

Discussion in 'Coil Building' started by Alex Lan, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Alex Lan

Alex Lan New Member

Blog Posts:
    I found the fruity single coil production was good, but I wanted more, so I added to it with double coil. Not satisfy for Nasty Juice fruity using subtank tfv4. But satify with creamy juice. Kanthal a1 28gauge. Or other recommendation and advice?

2. zombievapereview

zombievapereview Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I prefer round wire parallel or single dual for my custards, and breakfast dessert flavors and Claptons and those type for fruity flavors.

Twisted wire is generally pretty well rounded and I really do take kindly to the well rounded easy build twisted kenthal or nc60 offers. Basically you can't go wrong with twisted, but Its very important to me to make twisted below 3mm I like 2.5. for some reason this has been a sweet spot I've noticed with round twisted wire.

If you've got a velocity style or three post try a sleeper build. I don't care what anyone says, I've sleepered and used non sleepers and there is a small difference. I used to equate it to user error but explain this, my regular dual coil looks perfect, fires inside out, and very evenly as I wrap parallel then cut and pre cut, measure and end up with the exact same duplicate coil. My sleeper looks pretty good but not as good, as even, or as well made. The sleeper out performs the 2 duplicate coils every time.

Who knows. Just giving you some options. These coils have preformed very well and give the best of both worlds[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Pegleg Meg and Wtmke1 like this.
  3. Wtmke1

Wtmke1 Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Is that pic twisted parallel? I like twisted coils myself. You mentioned a sleeper on a velocity. Does the center leg get hot or glow when vaping?always wanted to try it out but figured with no cotton or juice on that center section it would be a scorcher.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

4. Wtmke1

Wtmke1 Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Is that pic twisted parallel? I like twisted coils myself. You mentioned a sleeper on a velocity. Does the center leg get hot or glow when vaping?always wanted to try it out but figured with no cotton or juice on that center section it would be a scorcher.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

5. µDavid

µDavid Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    When I vape custard juices I have found the coil I want, which is a simple clapton made with around 0,3mm SS316 inner core and 0,09mm Kanthal A1 outer wire, coils made with something like 6-8 turns, works for single-coil builds and dual-coil builds.

Pegleg Meg likes this.
  6. zombievapereview

Blog Posts:
    No, the sleeper did not have what's called a Hotleg. They work great and shine with larger wire.

I like the other build too. Very flavorful. If your not wanting to make the fused Claptons but some pre made coils (your favorite coil) and wrap it parallel with another wire. It looks complicated but is very very easy.

Wtmke1 likes this.
  7. Carambrda

Carambrda Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Staples. They bring out the top notes of the flavor more, making them more crisp thus preventing them from being lost down inside the cream base flavor, and, I also like how the vape is warm and smooth, dense and wet... especially with the bigger sized coil builds like this one (all Nichrome80) :

staples.jpg

Pegleg Meg likes this.
  8. zombievapereview

Blog Posts:
    Beautiful build. Really love Nichrome all together.

I get insanely good taste from 28g 4 stand Hive coils, and 24g nichrome60 mini coils as well. Carambrda I need to branch it into staple territory. [​IMG][​IMG]

9. Pegleg Meg

Pegleg Meg Bronze Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Main thing to me is more heat means more custard taste and less of whatever else it is, ie strawberry custard to me is perfect at around 50 watts with fused claptons or twisted wire, but at 80 watts I start to lose the strawberry or other fruits, so I would recommend thinner wire at least for claptons and not too hot a vape

10. zombievapereview

Blog Posts:
    I really prefer thicker wire over all. I really like the hive wire. And using Nichrome or SS really helps. The best hive wire I've made has been made with SS316l 28g 4 stand twisted until it is very close nit. Then spin the two until the (( //88// )) that's what it kind of looks like is 1mm -1.5mm.[​IMG]