Become a Patron!

Best coil for flavor for my setup

Rhett1977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm running 3 Reuleaux with an Archon, Velocity, and Twisted Messes attys. I run 100-1/5 watts with 18nic. I've tried all the different claptons but the flavor is fine for a couple hits then I can't taste it any longer. I also have 2 Smok TFV4 with the octuple claptons in them. Same problem. I change my cotton with every flavor change. It's just easier for me to have different setups when I want s different flavor. What are your recommendations? I know this has been asked way too many times and it's personal preference. I'm wondering if it's just me. I just miss the flavor. I have all sorts of flavors. Please help if you can!! Thanks,
Rhett

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Could be vapors tongue (basically you're too used to the flavors of vaping and they don't last), stop vaping for a day, drink a lot of water, use mouth wash, try eating spicey foods, and those are my general cures.

For flavor Fused Claptons IMO are the best bang for the buck, though aliens and staples are great, just more of a pain and not "worth it" unless you're really looking to maximize your vape.

Also maybe look at the nicotine levels, try dropping that a little, 18 is kinda high it might be overpowering your flavors a bit. Just a thought there.

Rhett1977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea I'm trying to go down. I was using 24nic at 200 watts. I was a 3 pack a day Camel non filter smoker for over 20 years. I want to go to a Hammer of God but just haven't made the transition yet. I've been trying to cut back a little at a time.

boogiebot

Member For 4 Years
Yea I'm trying to go down. I was using 24nic at 200 watts. I was a 3 pack a day Camel non filter smoker for over 20 years. I want to go to a Hammer of God but just haven't made the transition yet. I've been trying to cut back a little at a time.
wow 3 packs a day is no joke. that must be literally a smoke every 7-8 mins

Rhett1977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would smoke 5-6 back to back. Lighting the next one with the one I was putting out. I have chronic back problems so I don't sleep 3-4 hours a day so I had a lot more time to smoke than people that get to sleep all night do.

boogiebot

Member For 4 Years
I would smoke 5-6 back to back. Lighting the next one with the one I was putting out. I have chronic back problems so I don't sleep 3-4 hours a day so I had a lot more time to smoke than people that get to sleep all night do.
well glad to hear you're off the cancer sticks! just curious have you seen a big improvement with things like mobility and your cardio? I know when I use to smoke running was the worst. now my legs get tired before my lungs

Rhett1977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get around with a walker so I can't walk very fast or very far. I don't cough and hack like I used to.

morfius1963

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There is Clapton wire out there that junk wire. UD Clapton wire has zero flavor. I also have the RELEAUX with the twisted messes running a parallel Clapton build. The wire I use to make that Clapton is MKWS wire. Or Tobeco wire. 24 or 26 gauge. And I have flavor every single hit. I have also found that native wicks has the best flavor a lot better than regular Japanese cotton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm running 3 Reuleaux with an Archon, Velocity, and Twisted Messes attys. I run 100-1/5 watts with 18nic. I've tried all the different claptons but the flavor is fine for a couple hits then I can't taste it any longer. I also have 2 Smok TFV4 with the octuple claptons in them. Same problem. I change my cotton with every flavor change. It's just easier for me to have different setups when I want s different flavor. What are your recommendations? I know this has been asked way too many times and it's personal preference. I'm wondering if it's just me. I just miss the flavor. I have all sorts of flavors. Please help if you can!! Thanks,
Rhett
Do you make your own claptons or buy prewrapped?

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

morfius1963

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Starters you need to drop your nicotine level way down the flavor with juice gets better as the Nick drops trust me I've been through this. I use fuseClaptons in both my RELEAUX'S. You have to let your cotton get C's and if that's how you want to put it it will get better each day. I am a serious flavor chaser and this is what I have found out.

Rhett1977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Starters you need to drop your nicotine level way down the flavor with juice gets better as the Nick drops trust me I've been through this. I use fuseClaptons in both my RELEAUX'S. You have to let your cotton get C's and if that's how you want to put it it will get better each day. I am a serious flavor chaser and this is what I have found out.

Let the cotton get C's?? What does that mean? I've been trying to drop my nic. I started at 24 nic 6 months ago. I just can't get a satisfying vape at less than 12 nic. I can run it all the way to 250 or use it on one of my mechs and it's just not enough. The place where I get my juice made me some 9 nic and I felt like there was nothing in it. I Vaped it for a day and got the shakes real bad of nic withdrawal. I tried 6 nic before that and the flavor was great but no where near enough nicotine.

morfius1963

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh I didn't see that didn't come out right seasoned is the word I was looking for I guess you could call it broke in. Sorry

morfius1963

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
025bcb89179d1bd424830a94ece6d14d.jpg

morfius1963

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That cotton might look nasty but it is so flavorful and only three days old it probably has a lot to do with the juice you use sometimes but the flavor that comes out of this is ungodly sweet

Rhett1977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh I gotcha now. I use cotton bacon v2 exclusively and it seems to give better flavor and lasts longer than the regular organic cotton.

morfius1963

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This is the new twisted messes NU2. And this cotton is four days old and very very flavorful

morfius1963

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't use cotton or cotton bacon anymore takes too long to get broke in. Native wicks is the best stuff in the world no break in time automatic flavor on the very first Vape

morfius1963

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Look it up on their website they also have a new cotton dad is out of this world and that's what both of those are the new cotton

morfius1963

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My talk to text likes to screw up and put word out there I don't even say sometimes that word dad was not supposed to be in there that word was supposed to be that

morfius1963

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Feed on my go to mods and my favorites. Twisted Messes and the double vision and the twisted messes Nu2.
0e044d8186e7e9b944fa1f2e87e98916.jpg

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh I gotcha now. I use cotton bacon v2 exclusively and it seems to give better flavor and lasts longer than the regular organic cotton.
fwiw,,i used to get 'vapors tongue' chronically,,,,,,,once i switched to rayon i haven't had it once. rayon-thick at the coli and needs to be at least (actually more) thinner by the end of the tail.

my juice intake has gone up at least 50% so that tells you 'it worked'

morfius1963

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Try some 12 mg juice that some store did not make in the back room a premium juice

Rhett1977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't go to just "some store" to buy my juice. I've tried theirs against premium juices and theirs had awesome taste and I like it better. I've moved on to mechs now and am getting much better results

morfius1963

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I didn't mean it like that just some store I was just saying some stores make juice in the back of their store and that stuff is supposed to be made in a lab under a very clean environment which I'm sure you probably already know that's all I was saying.

Rhett1977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's all good. I'm very picky about where I get my juice. Where I get it is very strict and they don't allow people back in the mixing room. There's a big window so you can watch them but can't walk back there.

VU Sponsors