Become a Patron!

Best coil setup for krakken?

Ok so here is my issue. I'm running dual micro coils with cotton wicks but I keep running into dry burns. Tried more cotton, less cotton... anyone have any good tips or tricks for smooth cotton wicking in a krakken?

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Make sure the coil diameter is less than or equal to the size if the wicking holes, and directly above them. Make sure the amount of cotton you roll up is even smaller in diameter, you want to see a little gap between the cotton and the side of the wick holes. Make sure to leave the other end of the cotton fluffy. For mine, I pull the rolled side of the cotton down thru and leave the fluffy side at the top of the coil, and then cut my cotton about halfway down into the tank. Take a few hits, tip it over and watch it bubble a few times, rinse and repeat. Hope that helps.

batman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i'm getting great results with standard 5/6 on .4 .6 ribbon wire with cotton

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My first few Kraken builds was with cotton, I tried a variety of different setups and the one that I found worked best for me was single coil @ 1.2 ohms. I ran the wick from the top and bottom through both holes on the deck, and also kept the Allen screw out on the backside. Never had a burnt hit until I ran the tank empty. Only had to tilt the atty a little bit if I chain-vaped 5-6 pulls in succession.

mt2zpw.jpg

However, once I started to use SS mesh, I never went back to cotton for the gennies, surprisingly, I thought it wicked far better, although the initial pulls had sort of a strange metallic taste, but quickly disappeared after a bit of pulsing/dry burning.

VU Sponsors