Become a Patron!

Best e juice calculator

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think if this one, http://www.diyrecipebook.com/ ever took off it would do well.

I like the format and the ability to input all your flavors and it will pull up recipes for those flavors. Major downside is that it doesn't have many recipes in it yet so it isn't very useful until more people start adding to it.

daath

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think if this one, http://www.diyrecipebook.com/ ever took off it would do well.

I like the format and the ability to input all your flavors and it will pull up recipes for those flavors. Major downside is that it doesn't have many recipes in it yet so it isn't very useful until more people start adding to it.

e-liquid-recipes.com can also find all recipes you can make from the flavors you have. And you can check off flavors in your stash and see what recipes they're used in (along with others, also flavors you don't have). You only need to be using the flavor names that everyone else is using ;) Oh, and a good recipe rating system, private recipes etc. And the todo-list is long as well ;P

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
e-liquid-recipes.com can also find all recipes you can make from the flavors you have. And you can check off flavors in your stash and see what recipes they're used in (along with others, also flavors you don't have). You only need to be using the flavor names that everyone else is using ;) Oh, and a good recipe rating system, private recipes etc. And the todo-list is long as well ;P

I see an alt.. oh no! :)

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm bumping this up because I'm still looking for a mac eliquid calculator.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was having some issues with ejuicemeup because it saves to 2 files, (.rec & .rec2)
Because I manually move files/recipes around to other folders, ie good, bad, testing, etc.
Also renaming files to "Butter Pecan TEST.rec" or "Butter Pecan GOOD".
Was loosing/forgetting to move/rename the second file and getting them all goofed up.

Found "Juice Grinder", and it's very much like ejuicemeup and I could import all my recipes to it.
It doesn't come with any recipes, which I like, for upgrading reasons, as I don't have to clean all the recipes out first.
It only saves to a single file for easier organization.
Does by weight or volume, but don't think it tracks cost which I don't care about anyway.
Also has a separate popup for individual drops for each flavor, instead of a global value.
Windows only I think, sorry mac users:(.

http://www.cfcsaz.com/personal/juicegrinder/

Last edited:

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was having some issues with ejuicemeup because it saves to 2 files, (.rec & .rec2)
Because I manually move files/recipes around to other folders, ie good, bad, testing, etc.
Also renaming files to "Butter Pecan TEST.rec" or "Butter Pecan GOOD".
Was loosing/forgetting to move/rename the second file and getting them all goofed up.

Found "Juice Grinder", and it's very much like ejuicemeup and I could import all my recipes to it.
It doesn't come with any recipes, which I like, for upgrading reasons, as I don't have to clean all the recipes out first.
It only saves to a single file for easier organization.
Does by weight or volume, but don't think it tracks cost which I don't care about anyway.
Also has a separate popup for individual drops for each flavor, instead of a global value.
Windows only I think, sorry mac users:(.

http://www.cfcsaz.com/personal/juicegrinder/

Thanks for the post. I downloaded and installed it to have a look. It won't import the recipes from JuiceCalculator, which I have used for the last year, and which I think it is fantastic. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByHCyknRKMBCTjQ0d0pEWklsSnc&usp=sharing If you want to have a look.

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe post a request on his forums, he might be able to add that one...

I'll go ahead and post that request there, out of curiosity if nothing else. I can't imagine it to be a better calculator than Hotrod's Juice Calculator, but it's worth a look. It doesn't look as neat and clean as the one I'm using and Hotrod has been extremely responsive to requests for any new feature or function. He has his own thread on "that other forum", which is where I got on to it. Haha, can you tell by my comments that I am hooked :)

Roguexx

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have an app on my android phone called e juice lab. Love it my nicotine is by Based and allot of calculators would not let me set that as an option. Costs like 2 bucks

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The mega link doesn't work for me. I may need to use a proxy or upgrade my os (still on 10.6). I've looked all over for a version of CrossOver without success and paying $50 to run a eliquid calc isn't in the cards right now. It shouldn't be this difficult anyway. Bluestacks and running android was another option but bluestacks doesn't work very smoothly either. The mac community doesn't seem very interested in emmulators.

I need one able to work with mixing bases since I use very low percentage concentrates in VG / DW.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For Hotrod's calc, one easy way to create recipes quickly is to create ingredients, "Flavor 01-10," and then copy/paste any online recipe into the template notes for later. (Dialing in ingredients for a recipe that may only get mixed once is a pita.) Make this Recipe Template the default for new recipes, then delete unneeded notes.

Uncle Kojak

Member For 4 Years
so I just ordered a digital scales, can I import my recipes from "ejuice me up" into "juice calculator" and will those recipes be automatically converted to grams ?

HotRod19579

Member For 5 Years
so I just ordered a digital scales, can I import my recipes from "ejuice me up" into "juice calculator" and will those recipes be automatically converted to grams ?
You can import your recipes by:
1. Select "Tools->Import from EJuiceMeUp" or
2. Drag and drop the .rec file on to the main recipe window of the Juice Calculator.

Yes, the ingredient values will have their weight values calculated, in grams, based on their VG/PG percentage values.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I switched from ejuice me up to juice calculator when I started mixing by weight. Now I couldnt live without it. Features like inventory management and cost per mix are fantastic!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Uncle Kojak

Member For 4 Years
many thanks for the info, downloaded the "juice calculator", waiting for my scales to arrive and I got a load of concentrates waiting to try out, I'm a happy bunny!

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can import your recipes by:
1. Select "Tools->Import from EJuiceMeUp" or
2. Drag and drop the .rec file on to the main recipe window of the Juice Calculator.

Yes, the ingredient values will have their weight values calculated, in grams, based on their VG/PG percentage values.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to VU Hotrod. This is one great DIY community. I was wondering when you would find your way :D

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I'm just getting into mixing by weight however the calculators all use 1.26 grams per ml as the general calculation for VG so I think your correct

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

OneLief

Unique and Ingenious Title
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
E liquid recipes. It shows the weight as well as ml s. Has recipes, flavor stash, you get feedback on your recipes if you choose to make them public, you can see others notes on all flavors. Just check it out.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use e juice lab ap, which i dowbloaded from the playstore. Does everything i need it to do.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Double_ohm7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm with ^

Great one. Plus, in preferences, it allows you to measure in grams, it allows you to save other peoples recipes, and it allows you to save and change other people's recipes. Plus, you can look up recipes by flavor.

How do you change it from mls to grams? I can't figure it out.. I can type in how much each flav weighs but can change it to do the math for me.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
How do you change it from mls to grams? I can't figure it out.. I can type in how much each flav weighs but can change it to do the math for me.

1 ml of water is 1 gram. Some people just assume the same is true of all flavorings when they DIY, and that will usually give you acceptable results. If your calculator allows you to store density of each flavoring (some are slightly more/less than 1 gram per ml), your DIY results will be more accurate.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My alcohol based flavorings don't like to register in smaller amounts.
Unsure of where to look for density info on these odd balls.

Double_ohm7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
1 ml of water is 1 gram. Some people just assume the same is true of all flavorings when they DIY, and that will usually give you acceptable results. If your calculator allows you to store density of each flavoring (some are slightly more/less than 1 gram per ml), your DIY results will be more accurate.

Ok, should I just leave them all at 1, or if I have some of the weights why not put them in?

Thanks for the reply

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Ok, should I just leave them all at 1, or if I have some of the weights why not put them in?

For sure put in the densities of the ones you know! Every extra bit of info you give it makes your DIY that much more precise.

VU Sponsors