Become a Patron!

Best e juices for keeping my pretty coils clean

vapape

Member For 1 Year
hi everyone I'm new to the forum but not new to vaping. I was wondering if some more experienced builders can give some solid juice brands and flavors that won't gunk my framed staples, fused claptons, and naked frames. I don't like candy flavors only desert flavors so I deal with coil gunk a lot. Please help

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome to VU. Any juice is going to gunk up coils (while some do it faster than others, they all will do it) even straight VG will leave junk for you to have to clean.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hate gunky ejuice. It’s got to the point where I can’t vape some of my favorite juices because they are just too damn gunky. The cleanest burning and best tasting juice I’ve found is from this guy...

http://www.mohawkvapors.com/

I’ve been vaping it for a couple years now and it’s all I buy for the most part. I can go a week without changing cotton and my coils are gunk free. The Yohawk, x-rated and strawberry are the best flavors, imo.

vapape

Member For 1 Year
I understand that juice will gunk eventually and that there will probably never be a juice that won't gunk coils. I can tolerate a juice that will vape all day without changing cotton and cleaning. I have run into some juices that have tremendous flavor but they will literally gunk coils in an hour. I understand it's hard when I run big single framed staples at 80w .15 ohms. I should've made myself more clear on what I'm getting at, what are your top fav juices right now for staying clean? Elysian labs skadi, indulgence blueberry fritter cake, 80v honey mellow are my favs right now.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have not had a bottle of honey mellow in a while, you say it’s not gunky? If that’s the case, it’s definitely going back in my rotation. I love that stuff.

vapape

Member For 1 Year
It's not gunky for me but I'm used to changing and cleaning the build on my rda every morning so if you do it every week it will probably gunk on you. I grew up eating waffle crisp cereal and the honey mellow tastes just like it to me, I have to hide my bottle from myself so I don't burn it all lol

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It gunk's some but the Elysian nilla cake is the best vanilla I've ever had. Got like 3 bottles now. Dinner lady blackberry crumble is really clean. Trying to think. Smoke rising from ears. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

vapape

Member For 1 Year
I had the nilla cake a long time ago before I started building so I'll have to try it now. I like the dinner lady line as well. I haven't had the blackberry crumble but the lemon tart and strawberry custard were very good.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not gunky for me but I'm used to changing and cleaning the build on my rda every morning so if you do it every week it will probably gunk on you. I grew up eating waffle crisp cereal and the honey mellow tastes just like it to me, I have to hide my bottle from myself so I don't burn it all lol
I normally don’t wait a wick to week but it happens from time to time. I normally rewick every couple days out of boredom.

vapape

Member For 1 Year
Gotcha. I'll have to try the Mohawk out, looks like a good price for juice. I don't normally order juice online but I also don't like overpaying at my local vape shop but gotta give them some support too.

Mjfranci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gotcha. I'll have to try the Mohawk out, looks like a good price for juice. I don't normally order juice online but I also don't like overpaying at my local vape shop but gotta give them some support too.
I just tried to purchase from Mohawk and it's stuck at some I.D. verification. They're supposed to send me an approval code since this morning. Can't complete my order for now.

vapape

Member For 1 Year
I just tried to purchase from Mohawk and it's stuck at some I.D. verification. They're supposed to send me an approval code since this morning. Can't complete my order for now.
Let me know how the order process goes, I haven't tried them yet but want to.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Weird. I’ve never had that happen before. Usually it ask me for my number twice; once before checking out and once right before submitting everything. Have you emailed them?

Out of curiosity, what flavors did you order?

Mjfranci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you emailed them? Out of curiosity, what flavors did you order?

I used the "Contact Us" form on their website; could find no other contact.
I ordered the Insane(?) Strawberry, Yohawk and a cereal flavor I forget the name of.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All great flavors. They should get back to you pretty quick but keep in mind they are on Cali time.

Mjfranci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All great flavors. They should get back to you pretty quick but keep in mind they are on Cali time.

They never got back to me, but guess what---I tried again today and it went through. I even got a shipping confirmation.
Do you usually steep them for long?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They never got back to me, but guess what---I tried again today and it went through. I even got a shipping confirmation.
Do you usually steep them for long?
Good to hear... I never steep mine. They have a born on date and are almost always at least 30 days steeped.

Which cereal flavor did you get, the cornflakes or lucky charms?

vapape

Member For 1 Year
Good to hear... I never steep mine. They have a born on date and are almost always at least 30 days steeped.

If you're considering getting some honey mellow from 80v, you may not find it necessary but I had to steep my last 2 bottles for about a week. They still had good flavor at first but it just wasn't there. I steeped a week and bam tasted amazing.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Most commercial juices contain an obscene amount of sweetener....that will gunk your coils in a heart beat.

sonarman

Member For 4 Years
Broke Dick. Yes, it’s juice. And yes it’s clean, tastes great, and is well priced. I like their deserts better than the straight fruit juices. I’ve tried a lot of juice and right now that place is heads and shoulders above anything else.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hi everyone I'm new to the forum but not new to vaping. I was wondering if some more experienced builders can give some solid juice brands and flavors that won't gunk my framed staples, fused claptons, and naked frames. I don't like candy flavors only desert flavors so I deal with coil gunk a lot. Please help
Lower VG/Higher PG and Unflavored

vapape

Member For 1 Year
Broke Dick. Yes, it’s juice. And yes it’s clean, tastes great, and is well priced. I like their deserts better than the straight fruit juices. I’ve tried a lot of juice and right now that place is heads and shoulders above anything else.
Had to read that like 5 times lol. Stuck on the " broke dick" part lol, I'll have to check them out.

Mjfranci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I forgot which one though I have aired and shaken the bottle...
I am vaping the strawberry one and it's awesome. I'm just using basic round wire, 25 gauge dual coils at .54 ohms in a tank. Couldn't be happier.

the_sauce_la

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
To add on to what others have pointed out, there are several online vendors that advertise their juice with no added sweetener. Fruity flavors without additional sweeteners will be your best bet, and a google search will yield a few threads on reddit with some comprehensive lists.

We do use small concentrations of sweetener to give our recipes that extra kick, but most of our flavors are great on coils. We only have one true coil killer - Cinnamilk. :)

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
To add on to what others have pointed out, there are several online vendors that advertise their juice with no added sweetener. Fruity flavors without additional sweeteners will be your best bet, and a google search will yield a few threads on reddit with some comprehensive lists.

We do use small concentrations of sweetener to give our recipes that extra kick, but most of our flavors are great on coils. We only have one true coil killer - Cinnamilk. :)

I've mentioned your line many times over the forums and not just here and I do like them alot, except 1922, xxx, chocolate covered strawberries and I forgot the name of it, some Apple pie? Would have to check.

Anyways, I do have to disagree and I mean that with no disrespect but your juices are a coil killer lol. When using your own rebuildables, it's mostly not an issue but still very annoying, problem starts with people using factory coils.

Caramel and waffles for example, 1 day and I have to clean my coils and rewick. Bees knees is another,Capone while not as bad but it's up there too lol. I'm not going to name them all, but

I diy and only have to change cotton every two weeks, ok fine every week if using FW yellow cake. I agree lots of flavors come with build in sweetener, however most commercial juices are stacked with lots of additional sweeteners, maybe you guys use less than others, but damn it's still overwhelming sweet and a coil torture ;)

Last edited:
Try to find stuff that isn't so sweet. Some of the stuff from naked100 isn't too bad. I feel like the reds flavors from 7 daze are nice and clean as well.

Mjfranci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mohawk is running a 30% off sale so I got all their flavors coming in the mail.
I tried them out recently based on Skt239's recommendation and my coils did stay clean for a whole week!!
The first time I got 3 flavors and found one ADV (sinful strawberry); I hope there are more coming.

vapape

Member For 1 Year
Mohawk is running a 30% off sale so I got all their flavors coming in the mail.
I tried them out recently based on Skt239's recommendation and my coils did stay clean for a whole week!!
The first time I got 3 flavors and found one ADV (sinful strawberry); I hope there are more coming.
do you think their juice is plenty flavorful or more subtle?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

If you like cereal vapes try these guy's out (they're not budget juice but decent price though), IMO no one does cereal vapes better.
Berry - Captain Crunch Berry
Fruit - Fruit Loops
Honey - Honey Nut Cheerios

My other favorites from them are
Peanut Butter
Strawberry
Churro

https://artisanclouds.com/

Mjfranci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
do you think their juice is plenty flavorful or more subtle?
Sinful Strawberry is plenty flavorful and a tad sweet--I really liked it.
Crazy Flakes is strong but not overly sweet. I couldn't find creaminess and the citrus note was weird to me. So I am steeping it.
Yohawk is also strong and just as sweet as the strawberry flavor, and really tastes like yogurt---it put me off (my 1st yogurt flavor, though).

So I'd say they're NOT weak, underflavored or watered down. I give that strawberry flavor a huge thumbs up.

vapape

Member For 1 Year
Sinful Strawberry is plenty flavorful and a tad sweet--I really liked it.
Crazy Flakes is strong but not overly sweet. I couldn't find creaminess and the citrus note was weird to me. So I am steeping it.
Yohawk is also strong and just as sweet as the strawberry flavor, and really tastes like yogurt---it put me off (my 1st yogurt flavor, though).

So I'd say they're NOT weak, underflavored or watered down. I give that strawberry flavor a huge thumbs up.
I've never had a yogurt flavor I liked, always been a hit or miss for me. The closest juice I've had with a yogurt flavor I liked was babyclouds transistor ejuice. It's a strawberry hazelnut creamy vanilla bean custard. The hazelnut really ties it together and makes the vape not too creamy. I like the more complex profiles instead of just a couple flavors mixed.

VU Sponsors