Become a Patron!

Best fasttech mech clone

Timmy

Member For 4 Years
Just trying to see what everyone thinks the best clones from ft are. I was thinking of getting a tree of life next

Akolite

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
From what I gather, the GP Paps clone is probably the best bang for your buck. Supposedly the Pegasus clone is really good too. I'm interested in the copper Cartel mod they posted a while back. Looks like a winner to me if china got it right.

Alan Woltemath

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
the gp paps is easily the best bang for your buck on fasttech. I also like the Stainless, Brass, and copper NEMESIS clones. All work amazing and for very cheap

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a sucker for cheap Nemmies. Having said that, my beautiful brass Nemesis is completely shot at the 510.

Akolite

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My copper Neme's 510 is crooked. Been like that since day one. Its a shame really, because that thing is pretty without an atty on it lol.

KeyMan264

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a stainless Nemesis from FT and I love it.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can I say NOT the Maraxus (remember that. It's hype went quiet pretty quick). It hit hard for a whole day

preston0714

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The panzer black hawk isnt bad but you have to clean the treads down to bare metal.

Sickboy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like the Poldiac I bought from there... that being said:

I had to re-glue the magnet to firing button,
replace the firing pin with a 14 ga copper wire,
and add an o-ring to the adjustable 510 pin...
after that the voltage drop was 0.09... so it hits like truck with a 30 amp battery in it.

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 6 mechs from FT, and my #1 is the very same that Alan Woltemath posted: The brushed brass Stingray. After a couple months of moderate use, the switch on this thing has evolved from excellent to magical. Puts a couple of my $200 tube mods to absolute shame. Tolerances are flawless, sublime fit and finish.

http://www.fasttech.com/product/1632200

You can almost throw that switch with your mind (no latent telekinetic powers required). I've never tried an original 'ray, but I can't imagine it possibly being of higher build quality than this one.

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
Best bang for buck you say? Sentinel M16 is a very good price for what it is. The fire pin does unscrew, but if you toss some plumber tape or bend the threads a bit at the right spot it will be fine. However at under $11, its pretty awesome. Shameless self plug, here's a video I did of it.

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pmsl wow I've never heard it put like that before

Haha, it's true. The thing is effortless. Every other button on every mech I own (all bottom-fire and all either factory magnetic or custom upgraded) is either a tad too squishy, crunchy, loose, or firm. None are perfect save for this one. It is absolutely flawless. If ever one could refer to a simple electrical switch as a marvel of modern engineering, this one would be a prime example. :D

Only thing I did was hit the switch innards with a Q-Tip and a little Noalox. Took maybe a month to break it in proper (brass wears down quickly and nicely in all the right places, unlike steel). Been using it since March of this year, and the tubes have a nice mellow golden champagne glow (I'm a patina Nazi).

I only wish I knew which factory it came out of, I'd be a customer for life. As it is I'm relegated to ordering every decent-looking mech FT offers up and praying I get something as good as this one. Hasn't happened yet...

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Best bang for buck you say? Sentinel M16 is a very good price for what it is. The fire pin does unscrew, but if you toss some plumber tape or bend the threads a bit at the right spot it will be fine. However at under $11, its pretty awesome. Shameless self plug, here's a video I did of it.

I had the same problem with the switch. I just placed a small piece of a broken rubber O ring in there. When you screw the button into the contact head, the compression of the rubber puts enough tension on the threads to keep it from unscrewing. I figured Teflon tape would affect the conductivity and defacing the threads might irrevocably destroy the device/firing switch. Other than that quick fix, an extremely solid device!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Limited experience, but I've had pretty good luck with a FT Nemmy, wife loves her FT Caravela (I'm ordering another of both so we have one of each). Hate the K100 so bad it's turned me off from all telescopes...

iLLwiLL

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My favorite so far goes to that copper hades. Comes with solid copper contacts, an awesome brushed finish and a magnetic switch for under $30

Timmy

Member For 4 Years
I have 6 mechs from FT, and my #1 is the very same that Alan Woltemath posted: The brushed brass Stingray. After a couple months of moderate use, the switch on this thing has evolved from excellent to magical. Puts a couple of my $200 tube mods to absolute shame. Tolerances are flawless, sublime fit and finish.

http://www.fasttech.com/product/1632200

You can almost throw that switch with your mind (no latent telekinetic powers required). I've never tried an original 'ray, but I can't imagine it possibly being of higher build quality than this one.

do you happen to know of any other like this? don't really want a stingray

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had the same problem with the switch. I just placed a small piece of a broken rubber O ring in there. When you screw the button into the contact head, the compression of the rubber puts enough tension on the threads to keep it from unscrewing. I figured Teflon tape would affect the conductivity and defacing the threads might irrevocably destroy the device/firing switch. Other than that quick fix, an extremely solid device!

Also, I have the completely brass model. I haven't tried the aluminum/brass one.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/1425200

Same general mod though, but probably just a bit heavier. I would be interested in the difference in voltage drop between the SS/Brass/copper, Brass/Aluminum, and Brass models.

I know that aluminum is a good conductor, but I think it's just to light of a material for tube mods or 510 threading. I tend to stick with brass or stainless.

Vapor Zen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
http://www.fasttech.com/product/1632200 Can't touch that

f

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've bought a few clones from FT, but mostly from domestic vendors lately, as I dont like the wait times from China and many of the stateside vendors have closed the price gap considerably...that being said, one of the first I bought was a stainless Nemesis clone I got around a year ago. It remains as one of the best quality, hardest hitting clones I have ...and the best one I've gotten from FT...

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
do you happen to know of any other like this? don't really want a stingray

Well, the fact that it's a Stingray is pretty much what makes it great. To my knowledge, there's no other button assembly that uses the same compact and fully-contained magnetic design. A Nem clone would probably be your next best bet, as the button design is similar, but you'd have to do the mags yourself. And as far as FT Nem clones go, I got one that became great after a little bit of work, and one that still kinda sucks after a whole lot of work. There are so many different variants out there now, it's practically impossible to tell exactly what you'll get. FT Nems are like a box of chocolates.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
FT Stingray clones are spot on. I own authentic stingrays as well and the tubes, extensions, switches, and tops are interchangeable between the clones and the real thing. Only part that does not always swap out nicely is the locking ring.

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also, I have the completely brass model. I haven't tried the aluminum/brass one.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/1425200

Same general mod though, but probably just a bit heavier. I would be interested in the difference in voltage drop between the SS/Brass/copper, Brass/Aluminum, and Brass models.

I know that aluminum is a good conductor, but I think it's just to light of a material for tube mods or 510 threading. I tend to stick with brass or stainless.
Agree with you on the aluminum ones....a similar mod was the 11 dollar aluminum and brass Private V2 clone I picked up some time back from FT...the aluminum threads stripped out badly after a few days with very little usage...It's pretty much an 11 dollar paperweight these days....lol

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The FT Sentinel was my first and last aluminum/brass mod. Hit like a truck before it tipped over with a Kayfun ES on top and ripped the threads out. I'm way too clumsy for aluminum.

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll just drop a quick warning for anyone shopping Stingrays: Careful with https://www.fasttech.com/products/1638600 if you're looking at the SS versions.

I recently received this one hoping to get a SS version of my beloved brass, but this is clearly from a different factory. Variations in the logo are obvious. I had to grind down the bottom of the tube and the top inner lip of the switch assembly because the tolerance was horribly off and the button would crunch, scrape, and stick every fire. Works okay now, but still not as perfectly as my brass one.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone have the FT StingrayX?

StrappedKaos

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In case anyone was interested, I bought an aluminum private v2 and threads strips and that was dang almost a year ago. Next was a brass m16. If they are the same as before I pulled the silver plated bottom contact from private and put in m16, the contact does not screw in all the way down but just so close that it shortens throw but still very safe. The positive is by far one of the best designs and all should use it, spring loaded so never swapped private positive post. I did how ever drill positive to have a small hole in center and poured silver into it and coated it with 99.5% silver. That was first smelting project and now even my paragon has prototype silver pins. For the money the m16 is perfect starting mod and is bullet proof, upgrade to silver pins and it still gets use by me a year later and many mods in collection

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmmm. FT GP Paps Brass, or the FT Stingray X... It's time for a new order, and I'm stuck between the two. On one hand, "Paps, best bang for your buck", on the other, "look at that Stingray X. BUT no one's reviewed it yet", and I'm a little wary of that recessed top... Ugh, I hate decisions.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've had my eye on the 4nine clone.... But now idk, wouldn't the 4nine hit harder since it's lacking the 510 pin?

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How is that FT sell clones for cheap while others site sell the same clone for almost double the price.
Is there different manufacturers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How is that FT sell clones for cheap while others site sell the same clone for almost double the price.

Location, location, location. China vs US.

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
+1 for the M-16 Brass Telescoping Mech. I like my FT Brass/SS Neme clone, but the M-16 is just indestructable!

Ditto I have a few, matter of fact that is what I am using tonight. M16 Brass Mech + Brass Quasar :)

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer

Some of the ones that sell for double may not be FT Clones. Some are Tobeco/EhPro/Infinite. 90% of my stuff is Infinite or ehPro *Best China Clones*... This is why price is higher. Example I was gonna buy 50-Infinite Copper Cartel Mods = $1,750.00. So I would be selling them @$52.50/piece.

I love the GP Paps clone, it hits awesome, but it wobbles a bit when standing. Had to do some switch adjusting with a washer. Waiting to see the reviews of the StingrayX...

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was look at the overdose from 101 vape.
I saw on other site that sold the original overdose that they had a upgrade parts. Those would still work on the clone.

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey everyone!
I've been seriously thinking about getting a Nenesis, but I don't know much about how hard they hit or if I would even like it. I've been using an Innokin SVD, & a Cool Fire 2 grenade, both are variable. I understand they are totally unregulated mods, and unprotected, that's not a problem, the question comes in as whether a full mod would be good for me. I'm a taste freak, and have to have a good taste coming from my juices.

So, I guess I need to go to my vape shop here in town, and experiment with one, & just see how I like it. I was told that without a doubt, drippers are the way to go, but I tend to disagree. I love my Kayfuns, and will not give them up, so what do you guys think? Should I just stay with the variables & be happy, or is a mech mod all it's cracked up to be? Thanks guys, I really appreciate you all!

Daniel

VU Sponsors