Best Flavor Chasing Coils?

Discussion in 'Flavor Chasers Corner' started by ReyesRec89, Feb 3, 2017.

1. ReyesRec89

ReyesRec89 Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    So apart from the fused clapton coils I'm looking to try and start building more advanced flavor chasing coils any advice on what the next step up from fused claptons would be?

2. BKTOAD

BKTOAD Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Aliens. Or SS fused claptons. Or SS aliens.

3. b_d_builders

b_d_builders Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    SS aliens or some staple staggered fused claptons

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. SirRichardRear

SirRichardRear AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    Anything this guy makes ^

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

5. bigTINY779

bigTINY779 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I just started using my first framed staple coil last night and I am absolutely blown away at how much flavor this thing puts out.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

zephyr and b_d_builders like this.
  6. Lactone

Lactone Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Fraliens hands down give me the best flavor , they are not common , but you can find premade ones for sale online if you look. If you are an experienced builder you can just make your own of course . But yeah, aliens in general are usually the best for me, and I've tried all of the "fancy" coil builds...multi core fuxed claptons, aliens, staples, staggered fused claptons&staples, braids, etc....and I always find myself going back to aliens when I want to flavor chase.
    The thing with aliens is the way they naturally wick juice. Watch twisted messes YouTube video on aliens, and you will see what i mean. The juice travels along the length of the coil when they wick juice , which I feel is what really puts them over the top.

7. Th3T

Th3T Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I can agree with Fraliens. They give me the best flavor of the coils I can make. Still working on the staple staggered fuse, to me it is much harder than the alien variations. I would start with the basic 3-core alien until you get the ''feel'' of the wrap, then grab some ribbon and try framed staple or if your confident jump right to the framed staple alien. I also second watching that Twisted Messes video so you can see that coil wicking in action.

zephyr and b_d_builders like this.
  8. bobnat

bobnat VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Hi, I just went to your page on ebay to look at the coils. I find them impressive, the work of an artist, to be sure. However, they are quite expensive. How long does one last? What justifies spending that much money on them? I understand it must be time intensive to make, I'm not criticizing you, I'm new at this and I would like to know. I figure getting the information from the person who makes them is more valuable than from the guy who reviews them on youtube.

b_d_builders likes this.
  9. b_d_builders

Blog Posts:
    The Staple staggered fused claptons (SSFC) are my most expensive coils and it's simply because they take time. In regards to my other coils I believe they are fairly priced.

SSFC properties: Amazing flavor coil imo and also has great wicking properties. I've noticed after about a week of vaping it when I go to change my cotton and clean the coil. I find my cotton still almost entirely intact. Cons: this coil tends to spit juice rather violently above 120w. If you're using it in an RDA keep the wattage down so you don't burn your tongue. I vape mine around 110 and it's amazing.

Because of PayPal/eBay fees I can always offer better pricing outside of eBay if you'd like to message me we can have that conversation.

My coils I've had guys here using one set of coils well over a month.

I hope I covered your questions but if you have any others I'm here to answer them :)

Thanks!

bobnat likes this.
  10. bobnat

bobnat VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I'm intrigued now. One question I've had concerns high wattage. I've got a mod that can do 200+ but I can't go over 60, it's too hot. I understand that the lower the ohms the more power has to be utilized, but doesn't it get very hot at 100+? Unfortunately, I don't know anyone that vapes in such a fashion, so I must ask all these questions on the forum.

11. Th3T

Th3T Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I can attest to how difficult the staple staggered fused is lol, still haven't completed it and tried about 4 times. Currently trying to make a fralien wrapped with 40g and its my first round or so with that gauge (tried 4 times so far and got 1 coil) however once I get another made I will use it for up to 2 months(average time for metal heavy exotics imo). Maybe a little less with super sweet/dark juice that just eats coils. With ''a lot of wire'' builds 60 watts is a very cold vape. all of my current builds I rock at 90-110 watts and I think to most others using them that would be kind of a coolish(temp) vape. Regular claptons/fused I remember vaping around 60-80

b_d_builders and bobnat like this.
  12. b_d_builders

Blog Posts:

Yeah these bigger coils need more power for sure and 60 just won't do it. I personally like a warmer vape but have never vaped these under 80-90w :/. At 100w it's warmer vape but again I like that so it's hard to say what you in particular would like.

bobnat likes this.
  13. Carambrda

Carambrda Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    The violent spitting at higher Wattage with this coil was easy for me to remedy. I successfully vape mine at 138W in my The Troll RDA 2... they're 26 Kanthal with 4ply .5x.1 Kanthal ribbon and 36 Ni80, 5 wraps, 2.5mm ID (1st and last wraps are very slightly bigger as that eases the insertion of the wick), dualed to .11 Ohms... actually .10 Ohms right now, which is the very minimum my Wismec RX300 will allow. The trick that did it for me was to just wick them differently than you would most other coils. The wick has to be so thick you will pull it almost completely tight... almost as though you were doing the Scottish roll. I use my fingernail to keep these coils from moving whilst pulling the cotton through them. Also, instead of twisting the cotton before and untwisting it after pulling it through, I keep rolling it between my two (clean) hands whilst applying just enough pressure to compress it, uniformly, into a sausage without completely squashing it. Next, I gently scrub it between my three fingertips a few times in one direction to force anything sticking out to either get peeled off or get combed in that direction... away from the end that will be inserted into the coil. I use the biggest of two drip tips that came with my Troll. Airflow on it is set to 2/3 using the diagonal holes.

b_d_builders likes this.
  14. Th3T

Th3T Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    After making a couple pairs of SSFC's I still gotta give it to the fraliens. Currently have a 6 ply ssfc, and a 6 ply fralien I'm vaping on and I feel the ssfc gives more clouds and still great flavor, but dripping on both I notice the juice on the ssfc runs straight to the well where as the fraliens just soak it up more. (Could be that the fraliens have 40g wrap and the ssfc's 36g)

15. Carambrda

Blog Posts:
    There's not necessarily always a linear relationship between what happens when you drip and what happens when you vape it. If that made any sense. Underneath that final wrap, hidden from sight there are cavities in between the core of the spaced clapton and the piece of ribbon next to it, and these cavities are a lot bigger compared to those inside a fralien. As soon as the juice starts to boil, that's when these cavities fill up with boiling juice that gets spread out by force as it continues to boil.

Zohmbiebuilds likes this.
  16. Kormiro

Kormiro Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Next step is staggered fused clapton, three core fused clapton, three core staggered fused and alien, framed staple and staple Staggered fused clapton. This will give you a more subtle taste if you use thin wires for wrapping. For example 38G. Resistance only matters in the context of current efficiency of your mod. You atomize the through the surface of the coil. You heat the mass of the coil. Wrapping must be thin, because wrapper heat up from contact with the core. If you want to use less power, you need to have a smaller coil weight. For a double coil Staggered fused clapton on three cores 0.30 mm (around 28G) with a 40G wrapper, I need 40W and I use them in Griffin 25 plus.

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 6P przy użyciu Tapatalka

17. Kaymoney87

Kaymoney87 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I am just starting out learning to build my own coils. I have peefected the clapton and twisted coils. I have attempted framed staple coils but I need to use a thicker ribbon as I can just not get it to lay flat. I have watched all the tutorials out there and it is not easy. I have found so far that my clapton are the best flavor coils. I have staggered fused clapton I ordered premade but I have found that the ramp up time is quite long. I am on to learning how to build the staggered fused clapton. From what I know about clapton I think they are going to be nice flavor coils.

zephyr likes this.
  18. william.osendott

william.osendott Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    4*28g (kanthal) fused with 38g N80 duals out right around .18-.20 amazingly flavorful. Also rocking a single 3*26g N80 fused with 40g N80 on my squonk that gets the job done. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Kormiro likes this.
  19. dazjones757

dazjones757 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hi so I just bought a geekvape Zeus tank single coil . Can someone point me in right direction for best coil exactly I can get for flavour ? Exact details of what exact coil I will need would be much appreciated as I am a noob

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

20. william.osendott

Blog Posts:
    id suggest either some sort of framed staple variant or a ssfc.. in my single coil rdas I'm rocking a mohawk fralien ( 2*26g frames, 6*.3x.1 ribbon, mohawk alien wrapped with 34g all n80) a SSFC (2*26g frames staggered with 32g, 8*.3x.1 ribbon fused with 36g all n80) and a framed staple (2*26g frames 4*.3x.1 ribbon fused with 38g again, all n80) all have great flavor, all have a different type of vape. a regular ol' alien works well too.. 3*26g alien wrapped with 38g[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

21. william.osendott

Blog Posts:
    fused Clapton photo won't post for some reason, sorry.

22. EZG

EZG Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I was looking for what would give me the best vape experience between variations of claptons, variations of staples, and variations of aliens. After reading this post I'm just wondering:
    is the framed staple alien (fralien like some people called it) the ultimate coil ?
    It feels like it has the best of all worlds lol.
    It seems to be hard/long to build, which is why I can't find any bobbin of it I guess. What kind of build would get close to what fralien offers ? Something I can buy in bobbin.

23. Carambrda

Blog Posts:
    Some people think it is. But then the next important question is, are these people the ultimate thinkers ? ;)

24. Zohmbiebuilds

Zohmbiebuilds Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Regular Staples are something people often forget. That, and all but squid doode have framed Staples tutorials on YouTube.

I find that if you just get your ribbon stacked neatly at the swivel, put ample pressure and with both hands hold out while going down the stack, tie at the swivel, pressure pull it down, and tie. If you do that it'll come out just fine. I don't use spit, or anything. I just tie and it works just fine.

I vote regular staple. I love this build. I have to make another build station, I moved and had to leave the table. I think I've got a better idea. I'll be up by next weekend.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

mach1ne likes this.
  25. mach1ne

mach1ne Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    in terms of building progression i would suggest staggered fused claptons, aliens, or staple coils next. those are three more advanced techniques that you can combine into any of the wild shit you see pros making. good luck. come hang out in 'post your builds' if you arent already. we will make sure you get to where you want to be as a builder :cheers:

imo its likely the best all around performer. round wire and ribbon wire builds behave differently, so combining them is usually a good way to get 'the best of both worlds', and alien wrap is just a more efficient wrap than claptons because it sucks juice into the coil, where claptons just hold it there. there are times when the staples dont bring out the best in certain flavors. there are atomizers too small/mods not powerful enough for coils like this etc...but in general, they combine most of the best parts of other coils into a pretty nice package imo. on that note, i have a tank that likes regular aliens better, and other setups that i cant really tell the difference between alien framed staples and fused claptons in. its all a matter of hardware and preference in the end.

26. danielabas

danielabas New Member

Blog Posts:
    Have you tried this coils?7loops slentre braidator is the best coils i have ever vaped. Flavor is the best, and TH is higher

Attached Files:

dazjones757 likes this.
  27. danielabas

danielabas New Member

Blog Posts:
    This is the stick looks like

Attached Files:

28. danielabas

danielabas New Member

Blog Posts:
    So what braid did you make and the specs?and also your fralien specs?

29. Untitled

Untitled New Member

Blog Posts:
    The best flavor + cloud i get is from SS316L wire, 26GA + Ribbon 0.1*0.8. Twisted and wrap on 2.5mm 10 wraps += 0.4 ohms. I tried many many many coils but this is the best result i've got. I use 24mm Peerless RDTA. Position of the coil is higher than the airflow for more flavor. I use single coil.

30. Izanagi7

Izanagi7 Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    The chaps at my local vape shop can’t stop geeking out about Dragon Scale GN coils. They’re always sold out, so I haven’t tried em yet.

31. Shredtravolta

Shredtravolta VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
  32. Carambrda

Blog Posts:
    Shredtravolta likes this.
  33. Shredtravolta

Shredtravolta VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    “Nobody knows nothin” - Joey Diaz :D