Become a Patron!

Best flavor tank?

I am new to vaping and when I started researching I was immediately drawn to clouds. After a few tanks and some clapton builds I am prioritizing flavor. In your more experienced opinion, what is the best tank for flavor.?

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah there is no best. Ime a chamber can produce totally diffrent results depending on the coil and wicking. Just start with something thats easy to build on and start experimenting. Its all about the journey!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know it won't be an atty with a coilhead...... so sub tanks are out..... it will be a RBA.. the type and style of which is 100 percent dependant on the vape you desire.....

I get great flavor and clouds from my Avocado. KFLs, nectar. SAT22 Hobo 2 and Chalice...... but I rarely vape at over 25 watts. ..... I know there are allot of vapers that need or want more power..... power makes everything easier.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well heres the problem
on a tank which only takes prebuilt coils you are dependent on what coils are available. so you may find a nice tank that is designed well but its coils arent the best for flavor or vice versa or the coils are great but there could be better

i personally loved my maganus and my v1 crown. but they dont hold a candle to a good RTA that you have to make your own coils.

making coils can be very easy - you can buy premade coils or premade clapton wire and wrap the coils yourself
its way cheaper
and you can play around until you find what works best for you and your rta

i personally recommend a griffin 22 or 25 to start with. some premade coils form advanced vape supply and go from there

vapingqueen00

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
my favorite tank is the squape R from Stattqualm I got it from a shop called VapeRev I have been using it for almost three years now

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Kanger Subtank mini and Toptank would be my pick. Good coils, flavor, and it comes with a decent rba. Was my daily driver for about a year. Only difference is Toptank is top fill and holds 4ml vs Subtank 5ml, bottom fill. Herakles is a good flavor tank and is compatible with Aspire coils (no rba). I had it too. I preferred the Kanger. If you decide to go with an rta, Engine Nano and Serpent SMM are good flavor single coil, easy build and wick for a first rta.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I am new to vaping and when I started researching I was immediately drawn to clouds. After a few tanks and some clapton builds I am prioritizing flavor. In your more experienced opinion, what is the best tank for flavor.?
Well that's a loaded question in vaping.
You'll probably get as many different answers as people who respond.
Vaping is like food- everyone likes something a little different. Vaping has nearly as many nuances. The plethora of options available is what has made either both successful and popular.
Sorry for the soapbox.
That said, what style of vaping are you looking for?
Clouds bro clouds, direct lung or mouth to lung?
All will have different nuances and demands.
Personally I don't find much flavor in clouds bro clouds. Many other do.
For direct lung, I found the petri 24/wake mod to have the best flavor.
For a more restrictive lung hit I always liked the kayfun 5 or the aqua v2- (the aqua v2 requires a typical round wire build, dual coil.
For mtl, I'm a big fan of the kayfun lite.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think there is a best flavor tank......... mainly because everyone vapes differently and has different tastes..... if you like to vape a 30 watts or more but the tank makes best flavor at 15watts.. you might not like the vape regardless the flavor.

Me... I can't stand the flavor from claptons. .. not tried more fancy than guitar wire. Great for clouds too much juice taste. I prefer simple plain wire builds or twisted wire.

As far as atties I find the best flavor comes when the air volume is as minimal as possible.... NOT Flow but actual amount of air space in the atty.... good air flow is also important..... as the key to flavor is the atomized juice to air ratio in the vapor.

Of course all this assumes the particular juice we select is any good.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think there is a best flavor tank......... mainly because everyone vapes differently and has different tastes..... if you like to vape a 30 watts or more but the tank makes best flavor at 15watts.. you might not like the vape regardless the flavor.

Me... I can't stand the flavor from claptons. .. not tried more fancy than guitar wire. Great for clouds too much juice taste. I prefer simple plain wire builds or twisted wire.

As far as atties I find the best flavor comes when the air volume is as minimal as possible.... NOT Flow but actual amount of air space in the atty.... good air flow is also important..... as the key to flavor is the atomized juice to air ratio in the vapor.

Of course all this assumes the particular juice we select is any good.

I have to agree with this completely. I bought a lot of tanks that others recommended because they said the flavor would be so much better than what I was getting on my SMOK Big Baby, only to always return to the Big Baby. A lot of it depends on how you are going to vape, just like Honda is saying. There are constantly debates about the better wicking materials, coil materials, wattage, and every other customizable part of vaping. You have to find what works for you. It would be nice if there was truly a definitive answer, there just isn't.

VU Sponsors