Become a Patron!

Best Gauge Wire for my Build?

Entry Level/High End Tanks or RDA's For Casual Daily Use?

• Entry Level Tanks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

johntheawe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This is my first RDA build I've ever decided to do. So please only constructive criticism and recommendations.

I've already bought the battery setup I need.
First, I'd like some opinions on the build itself, but I really need to know what gauge kanthal I need in order to do this. Also the most IMPORTANT question is: Will this even work?

So HERE is my battery setup. I've circled what I bought for the mech mod. I know the charger is sh*tty but I mean, I was on a budget. Right now I am just setting up a cart for a future RDA build when I get the cash.
pAg6b9b.png

Now, I know this clone sh*t is not going to be AS great, but I always watch reviews of the fasttech clones before I buy them, and what I see suits me just as well. I'm not going to spend $100 on a hobo lol.
This image is the cart that I've set up for whenever I buy it. The thing I need is just the wire. Tell me if I'm missing anything else, and please tell me what gauge wire I should get.
1hvEtY2.png

I bought that Atlantis clone so that I could have something that didn't take up all of my time. I have decided to get ready for a real RDA build for when I get the money. Now, you should also know, that for the Atlantis, I made sure the mechanical mod wasn't a hybrid because I've heard it will just completely screw up for some reason.

I was looking at this for the Kanthal:
no8p3hw.png

Thanks for any suggestions. I'm new! :)

Last edited:

johntheawe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Also, I know it's a little bit advanced of a build for first RDA but I'm sort of a cloud chaser and I wanna see what I can do. I've seen so many build videos, and this one already comes with coil + wick (although ofc I am getting more)

johntheawe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh, and one more thing, None of the stuff in the first image has arrived yet, It's shipping out on the 9th of April (Damn China -__-)

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
First thing is first. I read you are buying an atlantis? Awesome. However DO NOTTTTT put a sub tank of any kind on a mech mod. You can possibly short it out and end up like that guy that fucked his leg all up.
Also, I would recommend going to vapordna.com for you stuff. That site looks kind of shitty IMO>

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Looks like you've done your research. The only thing, you did not mention, is an Ohm reader.

johntheawe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well I was thinking about getting an Ohm reader because It's safe but anyways, Faceless Vapes, Someone told me I'd need to put it on a Mech mod because most regulated mods aren't going to even fire it.

johntheawe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What I meant by safe was that you could read and see the resistance and tell if you need to change your mod.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
First thing is first. I read you are buying an atlantis? Awesome. However DO NOTTTTT put a sub tank of any kind on a mech mod. You can possibly short it out and end up like that guy that fucked his leg all up.
Also, I would recommend going to vapordna.com for you stuff. That site looks kind of shitty IMO>
Nothing wrong about putting an RBA on a mech mod, unless you don't know what you're doing. Occasionally, I have a UD Goblin and/or Silverplay on my mech mods.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nothing wrong about putting an RBA on a mech mod, unless you don't know what you're doing. Occasionally, I have a UD Goblin and/or Silverplay on my mech mods.

I'm not saying that you can't. An experienced user will know which devices will be able to sit on a mech and the 510 pin house will not hit. You just have to be sure that the pin protruded out of the 510 connection enough that the metal area will not touch the pin in the mod, and absolutely avoid using them on hybrids. I just recommend avoiding using subtanks on a mech just to be safe.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
...Someone told me I'd need to put it on a Mech mod because most regulated mods aren't going to even fire it....
That's BS. You just need to get a regulated mod that is capable of doing so. Usually, the specifications show the range of the resistance a device is able to fire. However, due to the fact you're getting an RDA as well, I recommend getting a regulated mod with at least 50W, if not 100-150W.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I stand by my statement of whoever told him that is an idiot.

johntheawe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm not saying that you can't. An experienced user will know which devices will be able to sit on a mech and the 510 pin house will not hit. You just have to be sure that the pin protruded out of the 510 connection enough that the metal area will not touch the pin in the mod, and absolutely avoid using them on hybrids. I just recommend avoiding using subtanks on a mech just to be safe.
I understand what you mean by that. I believe there is some sort of adjustment piece inside of the fasttech mod in case. Thanks for the suggestions all, but my main questions still goes unanswered :p What gauge of wire for that hobo v2.1 clone? O_O

johntheawe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's BS. You just need to get a regulated mod that is capable of doing so. Usually, the specifications show the range of the resistance a device is able to fire. However, due to the fact you're getting an RDA as well, I recommend getting a regulated mod with at least 50W, if not 100-150W.
Well I definitely don't think I like the way one of those box mods look, but I really just need something cheap that works and is safe when it comes to that. But anyways, wire gauge?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I understand what you mean by that. I believe there is some sort of adjustment piece inside of the fasttech mod in case. Thanks for the suggestions all, but my main questions still goes unanswered :p What gauge of wire for that hobo v2.1 clone? O_O
For a 0.3-0.5 Ohm coil, the 24g is fine!

johntheawe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Awesome, thank you guys! Also I watched that video. Pretty scary but I'm never going to "not be safe" with vaping because I researched battery precautions and such. I try to be as safe as possible.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Hey! it's just Ray...

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not to hijack a thread but...

Call me stupid but is this Tesla 120w dual battery a mech mod? And if not what is it that makes the difference again?

I also haven't used it yet. Waiting on (should be today :) 4 good 18650 batteries and a charger and already have and use the ohm meter.

My idea of what a 'mech mod' is one you open and fix instead of throwing it in a junk drawer when it goes to shit. Thanks, Ray

johntheawe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not to hijack a thread but...

Call me stupid but is this Tesla 120w dual battery a mech mod? And if not what is it that makes the difference again?

I also haven't used it yet. Waiting on (should be today :) 4 good 18650 batteries and a charger and already have and use the ohm meter.

My idea of what a 'mech mod' is one you open and fix instead of throwing it in a junk drawer when it goes to shit. Thanks, Ray
No, I believe, and correct me if I am wrong, that a mechanical mod is a mod that isn't regulated by a computer chip and is just a battery output. So like if you were to just connect a battery to a bulb, that would be like a mechanical mod, but if you used something to allow you to change it's brightness, that would be like a regulated mod. (mechanical: straight input regulated:changed by software to be safe and whatnot)

Hey! it's just Ray...

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No, I believe, and correct me if I am wrong, that a mechanical mod is a mod that isn't regulated by a computer chip and is just a battery output. So like if you were to just connect a battery to a bulb, that would be like a mechanical mod, but if you used something to allow you to change it's brightness, that would be like a regulated mod. (mechanical: straight input regulated:changed by software to be safe and whatnot)

Yeah OK right on that's right! I do have the chip and now remember hearing/reading that. Guess it's like needing to reading it again and I also have a habit of sometimes keeping my memory impaired. :D

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
WARNING: Image might be HUGE as fuck.
Look at the box on the bottom right side "Runtime". That's one of the advantages of a regulated mod. You don't run out of battery that quick. BTW, study the whole website, it has some neat tools. I use it mainly for my coil building.

VU Sponsors