Become a Patron!

Best High Drain 18650 With Highest Continuous discharge current

You might find this interesting

Also, I reached out to EFEST and asked them point blank if they rewrap their batteries. Here is what they said:
Screenshot_2015-03-26-12-03-57.png

Idk how I feel about it but that seems like a solid course.
All you have to do is beliiiieeeeve!!! lol

What battery you think is best when your just looking for longer battery life. I'm using a sigelei 100w and am just looking for battery that's gonna last long in times between charges and also time that you will have to replace with new batteries all together. I have been using MXJO's but not really happy with them they lasted about 3 months before they started losing there life span. I'm ready to order afew sets of new batterys. Wanted to get afew opinions on what people liked

And how do you tell a genuine vtc4 battery from a knockoff buying on ebay? Is there a curtain look to them becouse I've noticed afew different ones online. Also the prices go from like $18 each down to $ 8. I know that being a cheap ass is gonna get you garbage but buying the most expensive is just stupid.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Don't buy batteries from eBay or amazon. Also, you don't need 30 amp batteries for a dual battery, 100 watt, vw mod. 20 amp batts will cover the mods range and give more runtime. Samsung 25r's are a solid choice and here's a known, trusted vendor that sells genuine vtc4's if that's what you want.
http://liionwholesale.com/
Plus one on this one. Bought some lg batteries on eBay, one arrived with the wrap shredded and the case was broken. Not sure if they're authentic or not, lessons learned. Buy from Jon, you're much better off.

Ringmasterdan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The lg hb6 is a 30 amp cell however I cant find them in stock. The best you're gonna get is 30 amp continuous discharge if you need anything higher get yourself a mod wired in parallel thismsplits the amp draw evenly be
tween each battery effectively multiplying the amp limit by however,many batteries your mod has

Ringmasterdan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you want to buld at .12 ohms id go with a dual parallel box with the samsung 25rs...you're only drawing 35 amps at 147 watts the 25rs will give you a 40 amp limit with 5000mah when wired in parallel?

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The lg hb6 is a 30 amp cell however I cant find them in stock. The best you're gonna get is 30 amp continuous discharge if you need anything higher get yourself a mod wired in parallel thismsplits the amp draw evenly be
tween each battery effectively multiplying the amp limit by however,many batteries your mod has

Also the LG HB2, Sony VTC3, or Sony VTC4, are all rated 30A.

The HB6 is very slightly better than the HB2 but the problem with the HB6 is that it is a special version of the HB2 made for one customer. In other words LG doesn't sell it to anyone but that customer so the only possible way to get it is when that customer has surplus and resells some. At one point there were a bunch available but recently there aren't any so the only people who carry it are those with old stock.

Kinkytheklown

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
RTD Vapor has authentic vtc 4's plus many other great batteries. I bought 6 of them, i get almost 2 full days of heavy vaping with minimal drop in power. I can still get big clouds when the battery reads one sliver of a bar. It took about 5 charges to fully break them in

Hey. New to the forums. Not new to vaping, but new to sub ohm vaping. I have an unregulated Cigreen Tank box mod. And an aspire Atlantis 2 tank. I'm using those efast 2800mAh batteries. If I use the .3 ohm coils my batteries don't last at all. Like 4-5 hours at best. At .5ohm I get most of the day. What gives? Will the 25r be a good battery for my mod? If not what would you recommend? And what ohm is best? I've been told not to run the .5 ohm coils

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hey. New to the forums. Not new to vaping, but new to sub ohm vaping. I have an unregulated Cigreen Tank box mod. And an aspire Atlantis 2 tank. I'm using those efast 2800mAh batteries. If I use the .3 ohm coils my batteries don't last at all. Like 4-5 hours at best. At .5ohm I get most of the day. What gives? Will the 25r be a good battery for my mod? If not what would you recommend? And what ohm is best? I've been told not to run the .5 ohm coils

That means the battery can't handle the high current, so you need a higher current battery. The 25R should be able to handle 0.3 ohms very well (that's a parallel dual battery mod right?)

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Get some LG HG2 3000mAh, then even 0.3 should be fine. Do remember you're using more power the lower the ohms go though. Even if the battery can handle it fine, you'll still get 3/5 the battery life at 0.3 that you'll get at 0.5, since it's just literally running that much more current though. So if you still like it at a higher ohms level then you should go as high as you can if you want to absolutely maximize battery life.

Awesome thank you. I just saw a new mod reuleaux Rx200. Runs on 3 18650s. Anyone know anything about it? What do I gain running 3 batteries?

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Awesome thank you. I just saw a new mod reuleaux Rx200. Runs on 3 18650s. Anyone know anything about it? What do I gain running 3 batteries?
Longer runtime and that mod gives you the ability to adjust the power you send to the coil. Based on the questions you're asking I think a variable power mod would be a better device for you than what you have.

rHiNo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Efest rewraps other companies batteries and lies about their specs. I don't buy efest. Sony vtc3 and vtc4 are the only true 30 amp continuous cells you're gonna find. There are lots of fakes out there so only buy from a known and trusted vendor.
Thank you...all my questions have been answered. I have been having some issues with my eFest batteries, I would never suggest them to anyone.

rHiNo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
kinda looks like they forgot to rewrap the bottom half lol

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
rewrap of a rewrap.
I've heard that before, and they may well be re wrapped HE2s. I do know they seem to outlast my 25Rs and my VTC4s, but they are older. With China making products and vendors looking to profit, anything could be a re-wrap.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Not me. I'd be interested in doing so though.
Surprised that Enook wants reviewers/testers to cover shipping though. I would have hoped that knowing testers put their own time and energy into testing the cells that they would send them for free. It's not hard to separate out legitimate testers from those just hoping to score some free batteries.

But, that's just my personal opinion. :)
I was sent these bats, 3 sets in different mah ratings without paying for shipping but it took 6 weeks for them to arrive. I do not have any type of equipment to test them properly but from my knowledge of bats, and research they have lied about the numbers.

SixFiveLive

Member For 4 Years
Hi everyone, I usually run at .4 and may get into .2. I usually stay around 3.7 - 4v. I currently have the Samsung 30qs in my Rx200. Would you recommend the 30q's or get the 25r's for better safety? I'm sure I'm fine if I stay at .3-.4, but I'm curious about trying .2 on SS wire. It seems the 25r's would be safer for that. I plan on getting a new duel 18650 mod soon to run that on, instead of the rx200 if that makes any difference. I'm open to other batt suggestions if they're ones with a good/verified rep. I realize the vct4 would really be a "safer" bet, but if I can go with higher capacity, I'd like to do that. Thanks for any help. Also, I've run all this through SteamEngine and looked at all of Mooch's testing, just curious on your experience.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
These test were done by a friend of mine. If you have any questions, don't ask me, as I will not know. The equipment used here is pretty good and the testing is better than any others I have seen by anyone else. So this may answer some of your questions.

This is the reason I only use Samsung 25Rs. You can't seem to get VTC5s any more and the mAh on VTCs4s is only 2100, VTC3s even lower. The Samsungs can be hard for less money.

Battery Load Testing

This a start of load testing of some of the popular high current batteries. The batteries tested so far are all new 18650 and conditioned, with the exception of the Sony VTC5.
A series a tests will be performed on the batteries that are tailored toward the way it is used in vape gear.

The equipment used is a Maynuo Electronic load, connected to a PC. The PC controls the electronic load and logs the data from the tests performed. I built the battery rig, which incorporates small fans to pull heat from the battery if needed at high current drains. It is also used for after cooling to help bring the battery back to normal state and ready for charging.

This first test places the battery under a constant current load, but pulsed for 4 seconds on, and 5 seconds off. This cycle continues until the battery reaches a 2.5 volt cutoff.
Batteries tested:
Sony US18650VTC5
Samsung INR18650-25R 2500 mAh
LG - 18650HE2 2500 mAh
Efest 18650 (Purple 35A)
MXJO 18650 2500 mAh
SubOhmCell 35A 2800 mAh

Of note is the SubOhmCell 18650. This battery runs hot. Doing a 30 amp discharge test was very iffy. Also, this battery is very slow to recharge.

Since mech mods do not run at constant current, the next set of test will be with a constant resistance, but pulsed for X amount of cycles.

.4 Ohm Load Test.
This test loads the battery at .4 ohms for 4 seconds on, and 4 seconds off. It is run for about a total period of 13 minutes.
The actual data numbers are shown for the Samsung-25R battery. at this load, all batteries performed very close, all within .1 volts.
I didnt run the batteries down to its cutoff, as I dont think anyone would when actually vaping.

Here are the data numbers from the .3 ohm test. Although the chart makes some batteries look bad, I'd say there is no winner. They all perform very close. If another battery was used, or different charger used, that battery could easily be higher than all the rest.

So, given the test process that is closer to to way you vape, all of these higher current batteries will perform well. But at very low ohm builds, the more influence the mod and atty will have. A mod/atty with a .1 volt loss, can lose 20 watts of power.

There is no such thing as a 35A battery. Efest is LYING. Efest doesn't even MAKE batteries. They rewrap and sell factory 2nds with exaggerated specs. Sony, Samsung and LG put their own brand wrappers on the batteries that pass all quality control tests, and sell factory 2nds in bulk, for flashlights etc. These are what rebranded batteries are (usually). Sometimes they are much cheaper knock offs.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi everyone, I usually run at .4 and may get into .2. I usually stay around 3.7 - 4v. I currently have the Samsung 30qs in my Rx200. Would you recommend the 30q's or get the 25r's for better safety? I'm sure I'm fine if I stay at .3-.4, but I'm curious about trying .2 on SS wire. It seems the 25r's would be safer for that. I plan on getting a new duel 18650 mod soon to run that on, instead of the rx200 if that makes any difference. I'm open to other batt suggestions if they're ones with a good/verified rep. I realize the vct4 would really be a "safer" bet, but if I can go with higher capacity, I'd like to do that. Thanks for any help. Also, I've run all this through SteamEngine and looked at all of Mooch's testing, just curious on your experience.
regulated mods don't use ohms law. you should be fine with the samsung 30q in the RX but I'm pretty sure wismec recommends a 25 amp batt for it which doesn't leave much options. Most people run 30qs in it. Plus it's not like you are actually using 200 watts. With that said if you want to get a 2nd mod, do some research and we are here for questions. I'd go away from the wismec/joyetech and buy something a bit better quality.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
is garbage and unsafe.
First, there is no such thing as a 35A battery. 30A max!
Second.. the higher the CDR (amp rating) the lower the MaH. Simple physics. It is what it is.
Right off the start, MXJO is blatantly LYING. They are representing a pulse amperage as a CDR on a battery that is actually only 20A to begin with.
My guess is that it is a factory 2nd rewrapped LG HG2 with a fraudulent label to misrepresent the battery specs.
LG INR 18650HG2: 20 A – 3,000 mAh
That said, I wouldn't even trust a product sold by that company in a flashlight.

CDR calculation requires you to know both the C rating of the battery and the MaH.
Just for example...
3100mah, 2C= 6.2 amps. In this example, the C rating is 2. 2 times 3100mah = 6.2 amp CDR.
So the actual C rating of the LG is 15
Per Mooch@ECF
"Bottom Line
In my opinion, this is only a decent performing 15A-20A continuous discharge current (CDR) high capacity cell. Its capacity is about 12% lower than the LG HG2 and it runs a few degrees-C hotter."
See: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...nly-a-15a-20a-battery-but-near-an-hg2.710690/

*Mooch is considered THE battery expert where vapers are concerned. He test batteries for vaping at no charge to vapers, has numerous forums, and is quoted in vaping forums all over. Including several in Canada, US, and UK. (including but not limited to VU, ECF,Whackedout, and Planetofthevapes)
In other words, where vaping and batteries are concerned, Mooch = God. Moochs Blog = The Holy Battery Bible.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What the fuck is your problem? Only mods can close threads and me pointing out people are wasting their time replying to people that aren't here anymore is more of a contribution than your nonsense. Get off my dick. Leave what happens in other threads in the other threads. Fuck dude.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
What the fuck is your problem? Only mods can close threads and me pointing out people are wasting their time replying to people that aren't here anymore is more of a contribution than your nonsense. Get off my dick. Leave what happens in other threads in the other threads. Fuck dude.
Yeah, and I have been owner of a few forums, and always some self appointed content cop spamming threads with "old content" or "necro". I leave threads open so they can be updated with new information. It makes searching the forum much easier. You get one or two threads to view rather that 50. Without the updated content, people wouldn't be aware how dangerous those MJXO batteries are. A 20A battery being listed as 35A CDR. Quite a difference between a 0.21 ohm(20A) and 0.12 ohm (35A) **@4.2V ** "safe" amp draw.

Not to mention, if you knew how search engines work, updated threads pull more traffic. They have the hits from previous posts as well as new ones to drive new users to the site, and since the info is up to date, users stay.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would like to be told the person I'm talking to has left the room if I hadn't noticed. That's all I pointed out. You brought up closing it. You're acting like the 'self appointed content cop'. I don't care about search engines or blah blah blah. I'm talking to other members. Your bullshit impresses only you. Fuck off.

Last edited:

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hahahaha!!!! Wow. I wasn't even paying attention before. So you revive a dead thread to inform everyone efest's are rewraps. I was the first person to reply to this thread and I said exactly that. You have not contributed a single thing new to this thread. Nothing. So former thread posters all get alerts of a new post only to find you're bringing back an old thread for no reason at all and I get irritated that someone wasted our time so I point out it's a dead thread and you get butt hurt and start shit with me, but I'm the problem? Haha, what a pathetic display. Funny as hell and truly pathetic.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
And how do you tell a genuine vtc4 battery from a knockoff buying on ebay? Is there a curtain look to them becouse I've noticed afew different ones online. Also the prices go from like $18 each down to $ 8. I know that being a cheap ass is gonna get you garbage but buying the most expensive is just stupid.
You can just buy from www.genuinecells.com they have a guarantee everything they sell is genuine, free shipping and can get a set of VTC 4s for bout $12 last I checked. They only people I go through now.

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I read something somewhere about the purple efest being rebranded LG's or something, like only 20A CDC and this one linked below just seems too good to be true, whats the rundown on this battery? And what other options are there for a 30A or higher continuous discharge current high drain 18650?

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Efest-IMR-18650-LiMn-2100mAh-Battery-38A-p/ef65021.htm
LG HB4 & HB6 18650s are have the most amperage out of all others on the market rated a 30 amp although with pitiful 1500mAH. Sony VTC5As are solid 25 amp batteries with 2,600mAH and are sufficient for most vaping applications. But the HB6s are the highest powered batteries overall.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Thank you...all my questions have been answered. I have been having some issues with my eFest batteries, I would never suggest them to anyone.
That is why, we only recommend samsung, sony, lg batteries. Efest does NOT manufacture batteries. They put a new wrapper on them Now can you tell me what battery is under that wrapper? And... has it passed ALL the manufacturers quality control tests.
(small hint.. no, it has not passes all the qc tests. If it had, it would have been labeled under the manufacturers brand name) In other words, samsung, sony, lg and panosonic do extensive quality control tests. If a batch fails but is still a good battery, they sell it in bulk as a "factory second". These are fine for flashlights, but for a couple dollars, I wouldn't risk blowing a hole in my face.

VU Sponsors