Become a Patron!

best least expensive mod to cloud chase

john velasco

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i want to get into cloud chasing. i just want to get opinions on what the BEST least expensive mod i should start with.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If u leave in SoCal go to vapor DNA in Torrance, if u are LEGAL TO VAPE they will guide u
BIGBOYVAPER

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Based on the simplicity of your ask, I'm going to say you should go with something regulated - I've got an original Sigelei 100 watt, they can be had for $80 or less these days. Add in two pairs of GOOD batteries, a GOOD charger, ohm meter, wick and wire, and an RDA if you don't have one and you should be set in the $150ish range...

What kind of setup are you using now? Have you ever built a coil before?

john velasco

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Based on the simplicity of your ask, I'm going to say you should go with something regulated - I've got an original Sigelei 100 watt, they can be had for $80 or less these days. Add in two pairs of GOOD batteries, a GOOD charger, ohm meter, wick and wire, and an RDA if you don't have one and you should be set in the $150ish range...

What kind of setup are you using now? Have you ever built a coil before?

im currently using a itaste mvp 2.0 its 15w or 20w.. i have 2 actually one has iclear 30s atomizer and other has kanger genitank.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i live in texas but originally from san diego
Go see VAPINGTWISTED 420 I
I think he's from there...watch Trevor Jones on yt, rip trippers big Lou,suck my mod,grim green, there's a lot of guys you can follow and learn from....

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
im currently using a itaste mvp 2.0 its 15w or 20w.. i have 2 actually one has iclear 30s atomizer and other has kanger genitank.
Maybe think about getting an RDA, ohm meter, and some wire, and trying out a few test builds on your MVP to see how you like building? It's cheaper than buying the bigger box up front only to find out you don't want to put the time/effort into learning how to build your own gear safely...

Married 2 The 7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If u leave in SoCal go to vapor DNA in Torrance, if u are LEGAL TO VAPE they will guide u
BIGBOYVAPER
Funny you bring it up since I live 10 min from there lol great place

john velasco

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
[quote uid=21806 name="john velasco" post=405703]im currently using a itaste mvp 2.0 its 15w or 20w.. i have 2 actually one has iclear 30s atomizer and other has kanger genitank.[/QUOTE]<br />Maybe think about getting an RDA, ohm meter, and some wire, and trying out a few test builds on your MVP to see how you like building? It's cheaper than buying the bigger box up front only to find out you don't want to put the time/effort into learning how to build your own gear safely...<br/>

OK with that beng said.. thats kind another world to me lol. I wouldn't exactly know where to start when it comes to RDA. Any recommendations on how or what i should start wth? Is there a beginner approach to RDAs?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe you could just try a Kanger Subtank mini - better clouds than you're currently getting, and it'll work fine at 15-18 watts. No need to learn about safety and best practices when building your own coils.

If you're interested in learning (which is the only way you're going to truly cloud chase), there's tons of info here on the forums...start with the post from @madmonkey here:

http://www.vapingunderground.com/th...aping-and-want-huge-clouds.57203/#post-342212

Cloudboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
you could build an unregulated dual battery box mod for under 100$ with dual 26650's you could build down to like 0.06 and that would be massive clouds

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you could build an unregulated dual battery box mod for under 100$ with dual 26650's you could build down to like 0.06 and that would be massive clouds
You could buy a FT mech for $12, an XXXXFire 18650 for $5, and put the same build on it and get massive clouds...once or twice, anyway.

Cloudboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You could buy a FT mech for $12, an XXXXFire 18650 for $5, and put the same build on it and get massive clouds...once or twice, anyway.
HA you are right hit it a couple times till the SHIT fire battery vents

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hoping the OP understands this is a joke and doesn't go out and build some nutjob mod that blows his balls off...

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe you could just try a Kanger Subtank mini - better clouds than you're currently getting, and it'll work fine at 15-18 watts. No need to learn about safety and best practices when building your own coils.

If you're interested in learning (which is the only way you're going to truly cloud chase), there's tons of info here on the forums...start with the post from @madmonkey here:

http://www.vapingunderground.com/th...aping-and-want-huge-clouds.57203/#post-342212

+1 for the subtank.
I might be wrong but I think the mvp's only fire to 1 Ohm so you would use the 1.2o coils. It's still aces over any clearo and you have the rba head to practice coil building/wicking.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
To the OP ^^^ he was joking. None of that is a good idea.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@OBDave ....Thanks for the complement...I am flattered that you linked that...made my day :)

I have to say though that the MVP isn't really that great of mod for RDA anything....with a whopping 11 watts you're looking at a Nautilus or a Aerotank as about the best you'll get out of that that...don't get me wrong...those are old school workhorses. But for any of the new stuff they're just outdated.

That being said...if I specifically had to recommend something to get into cloud chasing on a budget these days with all the new wonderful regulated mods coming out I wouldn't :)

I'd say depending on your budget get a 50 watt Istick or a Segelei 100 watt plus or the 150. Then I would say put an Atlantis or a subtank or another sub ohm tank that suites your fancy on top of it. They may not win a cloud chasing contest but they can fog up the room for sure. Now we have tanks coming out with wopping .2 coils that the very idea of stores slinging this stuff to new uneducated vapors scares me....but it's all in the name of progress and who am I to argue with the future? :)

I say go the regulated mod and the tank route (but I strongly recommend sticking to the .5 ohm coils or higher in the beginning in the name of safety,) because not just rebuilding but dripping in general is a dedicated process and is also very hands on. Dripping and driving for example makes talking on a cell phone look like playing with the radio in terms of distraction. Since the "plug and play" and "fill and vape" concepts are being adapted at breakneck speed to the vaping world I suggest this route also because the basic knowledge is also less.

Don't get me wrong, the safety knowledge is still required but the instructions are there....if you can read you can figure it out. With a regulated mod it's printed that "these batteries are required to make this device run at this power level" and "this device will only fire at a resistance level of x.XX" and the built in safety that even basic devices have is still leaps and bounds better than putting all your faith in your build and the health of the battery.

Do some research, go in to a local Brick and Mortor store and look a few mods and tanks and pick the one that you feel suites you best. RDA's will always be there when you're ready...and when you are you'll have much more building flexibility with a regulated device putting out constant power allowing you to build at higher/safer resistances and still get the power output you desire than just building as low as you can on a mech and hoping your battery can do what you want it to.

Best of luck and happy vaping!

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Flagship mod wss like 100 bucks
doge v2 like 40 i think
2 good 18650 batteries vtc4 or lg he2 and nitecore charger like 40 bucks
youll need more batteries a lot more
juice cottonbacon kanthal i dunno maybe another 40
ohms reader like 25 bucks
some drill bits to build on 2 bucks
this is all for a basic setup but you can kick some cloud ass with all this stuff.

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you want to blow clouds then READ, LEARN, READ, PRACTICE, READ AND LISTEN to what several have suggested above. When you start to sub ohm and build coils if you are not educated on the process you could be playing with fire, literally. And if trying to do it on the cheap is a focus then maybe wait until you have some coin saved to do it right. In the meantime ALL of what @OBDave has advised you is a REALLY good start. I have seen numerous post of this member giving great advice.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I recently got the IPV mini II and it rocks my socks off. I have 3 regulated mods now (IPV3, mini 2 and the Sigelei mini 30). If I had to choose one it would definitely be the mini 2. Feels great in the hand and 70W is enough for some clouds. As madmonkey said, get you a subtank (not necessarily the Kanger) and rock out. When you're ready to chase harder, get a SMPL or a big box and a mutation X, doge, turbo etc. Lots of great cloud chasing devices out there but there's a lot of safety issues to learn about first. You may never need or want to go past a good subtank on a 50-70W mod.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@OBDave ....Thanks for the complement...I am flattered that you linked that...made my day :)

I wasn't kidding when I said you should copy/paste that post into every "cloud noob" thread - it's 99% of what you need to know (or need to know to research) in one shot. So I'm linking it into most every "cloud noob" thread I reply to...and will continue.

If you want to blow clouds then READ, LEARN, READ, PRACTICE, READ AND LISTEN to what several have suggested above. When you start to sub ohm and build coils if you are not educated on the process you could be playing with fire, literally. And if trying to do it on the cheap is a focus then maybe wait until you have some coin saved to do it right. In the meantime ALL of what @OBDave has advised you is a REALLY good start. I have seen numerous post of this member giving great advice.

Thanks for the kind words! :)

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wasn't kidding when I said you should copy/paste that post into every "cloud noob" thread - it's 99% of what you need to know (or need to know to research) in one shot. So I'm linking it into most every "cloud noob" thread I reply to...and will continue.

Thanks for the kind words! :)
I try not to forget that I new nothing at one point, so it's nice to give back some knowledge when I can, I see you doing the same often.....I hated nothing more than the mr. Know it all at the local b&m I dealt with as a new vaper.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After talking too several friends, we think you are going to like a plain Ego type of device. In about a week you will know what you want. Beats the Hell out of stinkys.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
After talking too several friends, we think you are going to like a plain Ego type of device. In about a week you will know what you want. Beats the Hell out of stinkys.

I was being nostalgic in another thread and I saw this and it made me smile because I was just talking about the iconic classic joytech 510 "system." Does anyone else smile and laugh when they think about the original "eGo system" with those giant sized attie's and cartridges? and then the "xxxxL super cartos" that held like 6 ml's of liquid but felt like they went dry after what have could of been only three? Hell, I still use my GoGo sometimes, I love those batteries.....

You have to laugh at vaping a little...now it's all about "this dripper" and "that quad battery box" and what not...once apon a time we were happy if we could pull our filler out and wash it and get an extra couple days out of a giant carto....we've finally arrived as vapors,

To the OP.... anything you start out with will be leaps and bounds over what a lot of us did...and even if it doesn't fog the room I bet you'll like it...I did :)

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just adore the hobby. We have a machine shop. It's interesting how well some of these Atomizers are made. I do the computers so I see the final results. We don't make any, can't afford to. I have more than I should.

VU Sponsors