Become a Patron!

Scott_Vapes22

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi all, thinking about picking up a limitless mechanical mod. I've been regulating for over two years now and decided to I'd like to look into a mech. It'll be my first mech and I've decided I'd prefer the best material wise. I think the ones they sell are aluminum, copper, brass, 24k gold, and platinum.

I might be missing one. But out of them all what would be the best in terms of durability and performance? As said, I'm not new to vaping or how to care for mechanicals, but I am new to how material makes a difference in performance. Thanks in advance!

Stepinrazor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love Limitless Mods and own 5 in total.

The best material for any mech mod is copper and the Limitless copper mod is no exception. I have 2 of the platinum plated copper mods and they perform equally well with my copper mod, but require far less in the way of cleaning.

The gold plated brass mode comes a close second and now you can get Rhodium plated copper limitless mods as well, although my Rhodium mod is base aluminium.

So if you have the money, go with the Platinum plated copper and get a silver plated spring or the gold plated magnets.

redeye93

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've got a Rhodium and the 24k gold plated. Copper is the best material, but I will pass on the cleaning necessary to keep them looking good. +1 on the spring or magnet upgrade. I have the magnet on both of mine.

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was inches from ordering a platinum Limitless but then the Roundhouse caught my eye. Anyone here have some insight to help me with this dilemma?

dingo1799

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
regardless of what the base material is, a mod is only as conductive as the top layer of the metal. unless you were to remove the rhodium off the threads of the tube, switch, and inside the switch and button post, its only going to be as conductive as rhodium alone, and thats not worth a shit. bare copper needs cleaning and maintenance, but is also the metal by which all others are judged for conductivity.

Stepinrazor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Some of my Limitless Mods:

image.jpeg
I was inches from ordering a platinum Limitless but then the Roundhouse caught my eye. Anyone here have some insight to help me with this dilemma?

They are both excellent mods, and I couldn't choose between them. The overall size and perfomance of the Limitless makes it my ideal mod. The platinum coating means cleaning it is a breeze.

The one thing to look out for however is, with the first batch of the Platinum LMC, mine came with a copper button. I bought a second from the second batch released but that came with a brass button. I had a spare copper switch, so I swapped it out. However this wasn't well advertised and I felt it was a cop out as the platinum mod is essentially a copper mod, which means it should come with a copper switch.

I also love the sleeve options that come with the Limiltess, and have to admit I have quite a few. The sleeves also mean that your hands don't end up smelling like a bunch of pennies and give good grip, when you are out and about.

However Kennedy are the king of quality and use nothing but the best materials, so you wouldn't want to cover it up in a sleeve. But is it something you would use day to day?

As an everyday mod, the Limitless is my choice.

Stepinrazor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
image.jpeg Fits in your hand and hits like a freight train, what more could you want:

Last edited:

vap3r

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Did somebody say Roundhouse?

kennedy_roundhouse_ss_vs_cu.jpg

dingo1799

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
MCV owns anything Kennedy will ever make.
4e37cabe0d84a68fc55b110aff46459f.jpg

vap3r

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Roundhouse > Overdose v2...

roundhouse_vs_odv2.jpg

...but Fuel > K24 :) ...

fuel_vs_k24.jpg

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a brass Limitless and I love it. I have a couple of sleeves to go with it that's why I was close to pulling the trigger on a Platinum Limitless. Like some one up thread said "Kennedy machining" is top notch and I'm really likeing the button assembly on the Roundhouse. I'm going to get one now and one in a couple of months. Is the Limitless platinum or the Roundhouse going away anytime soon?

VU Sponsors