Become a Patron!

Best low profile prebuilt coil atty for DNA 40?

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Question:
With so many new tanks out I'm hoping someone will have some info. I'm looking for a higher ohm prebuilt setup to run on my old Hana 30s & 40s & ePetite for best battery life. But looking for a shorter tank, top fill. I have the tiny Nautilus, but airflow and flavor are pretty weak even for a mouth to lung. And I'd like to be able to use my own 510 drip tip. Also want something that has replacement coils established and inexpensive. Maybe the Cubis?
What's the good word?

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wasn't a fan of the Cubis tanks, not even the pro. For me I have had good luck with the Eleaf GS tanks , and the newer Isub tanks as well. Many many subtanks out there and I am sure others will post their favorites. Good luck!!!:wave:

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Melo III Mini. Decent air flow, lots of coil choices from Eleaf as well as compatibility with other coils. Hidden air flow and easy top fill. It came with my Pico and now I'm considering picking up a full size.

2d63c230952bf47bc2b1043314abcb97.jpg

Tap'd from my 7+

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ahh yes, I have a couple of Pico's. Kinda forgot about the solid performance of the Melo III Mini, the look is a bit plain so I swapped them out for a Baby Beast and an Artery 49er (which I love)
Thanks for the reminder @Garemlin
What coils do you prefer?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would think a big air flow sub ohm tank wouldn't be a good match for a 40w device..You need a 25 to 35w tank with medium sized air flow to get good results in my opinion...A billow V2 or 2.5 comes to mind..Use SS wire and the TC function and it should be quite the nice vape...Just my suggestion for a 40w max device

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks @Mike H. I agree with you there, though the Billow is a little larger than I'd like. The size of the Nautilus X is perfect just not a very good performer for me.
@kevinjp Cheers, I'll have a look around. What are the best +1 ohms for the Melo?
I'm not a hectic vaper anymore but I use a high nicotine so it's fun to pull out the little guys. Kinda like having a nice cigar.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks @Mike H. I agree with you there, though the Billow is a little larger than I'd like. The size of the Nautilus X is perfect just not a very good performer for me.
@kevinjp Cheers, I'll have a look around. What are the best +1 ohms for the Melo?
I'm not a hectic vaper anymore but I use a high nicotine so it's fun to pull out the little guys. Kinda like having a nice cigar.
Look at the Billow V2 Nano..Improved flavor over the V2 and its not that tall...Hold maybe 3ml of ejuice...I bought the nano kit for my regular V2 and im liking it at around 28 to 32 watts depending on build.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just had a look, I dig, definitely will pick one up.
Bummer is that RTAs are a bit of a pain for me now, arthritis has kicked in and I'm a little impatient these days. I still use them but I'm much happier with a plug & play...
*ducking from tomatoes*
!!

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I really like my Melo III and my Kanger TopTank Nano. Both have a good selection of coil options and provide good flavor. I can use either of them on my Eleaf 30W and my PICO 75W. --- Just my random thoughts. :confused:

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just had a look, I dig, definitely will pick one up.
Bummer is that RTAs are a bit of a pain for me now, arthritis has kicked in and I'm a little impatient these days. I still use them but I'm much happier with a plug & play...
*ducking from tomatoes*
!!
Im not experienced in good plug and play tanks as I don't really use them but I have an old Aspire nautilus I liked back in the day....its a MTL type tank however.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I really like my Melo III and my Kanger TopTank Nano. Both have a good selection of coil options and provide good flavor. I can use either of them on my Eleaf 30W and my PICO 75W. --- Just my random thoughts. :confused:

Thanks dude.
Random thoughts = good.
; )

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

The Kanger Toptank Nano is more of an MTL, but opens up decently.
The Melo III (IMO) can be very much both, depending on coils used. And there are A LOT of coil options there. Eleaf EC coils, Aspire coils, etc.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks guys.
I didn't realize the Melo III was so versatile, I will do some digging. The Pico was a life changer for me since I prefer the stealth style.
I'm just waiting for the day that they fit 5000mah in an Artery Nugget!

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Melo III mini is what I have. The juice capacity was kinda neglected on it, but that is why they have the non-mini. The only problem with that is they were / are hard to come by.

Let me know if you want to try a Toptank Nano. I can send you mine to try out if you would like.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Melo III mini is what I have. The juice capacity was kinda neglected on it, but that is why they have the non-mini. The only problem with that is they were / are hard to come by.

Let me know if you want to try a Toptank Nano. I can send you mine to try out if you would like.

Ah thanks mate, I might just go ahead and pick one up, seems to be inexpensive enough. I appreciate your help guys, I'm trying to really hone in on my gear now, sometimes I get super hyper and NEED to have something and it just ends up on display ... that's how you got your Alien bro.
My parents were antique dealers and had a custom plastics business so it's in my blood anyway, but the shinyitis in vapeland is awful, literally every day I want a new toy.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried a Smok Spirals tank today at the local vape shop, and was impressed. Great flavor and vapor production for a compact tank. Only holds 2 mls and has just the .6 coil, but performed well. Bunch of colors and I saw 3fvape had them for $21.00 us and free shipping. Would do well at low wattage.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I tried a Smok Spirals tank today at the local vape shop, and was impressed. Great flavor and vapor production for a compact tank. Only holds 2 mls and has just the .6 coil, but performed well. Bunch of colors and I saw 3fvape had them for $21.00 us and free shipping. Would do well at low wattage.

Cool, spot on, totally forgot about the Spirals.
That's the size I like and 2mls does me just fine for 'cigar time' ... Thank you dude.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ahh yes, I have a couple of Pico's. Kinda forgot about the solid performance of the Melo III Mini, the look is a bit plain so I swapped them out for a Baby Beast and an Artery 49er (which I love)
Thanks for the reminder @Garemlin
What coils do you prefer?

I've only tried the .3. It is a little hot for my taste but has lasted through many tanks already. Gonna pick up a full size eventually and try some different heads.

Tap'd from my 7+

VU Sponsors