Become a Patron!

Best Mechanical mod on...

vgpg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello, just seeking some tips on mechanical mod styles and such.

I don't mean to keep it cheapy, but I'm looking for a decent mechanical body on Fasttech.com.
Is this a good idea? Are these mods authentic? Most likely all clones but are they going to affect my vaping in anyway?

The reason is I'm seeing this mechanical for $20 on fasttech as a pose to 200$ in a local vapor bar, are the prices to good to be true??

The mod I'm considering...
upload_2014-12-14_13-11-59.png

Attachments

• upload_2014-12-14_13-10-17.png
    upload_2014-12-14_13-10-17.png
    257.1 KB · Views: 33
  • upload_2014-12-14_13-11-6.png
    upload_2014-12-14_13-11-6.png
    257.1 KB · Views: 33

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its not an authentic, its a chinese clone. Some clones arent too bad, but you take your chances. Some clones made by Tobeco, Infinite & Ehpro are pretty darn good. Search youtube for reviews to get a better idea. Fasttech has some really good deals on some items, but there is a lot of garbage too.

Nitrowolf72

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Most if not all cheap mech mods are clones. I don't see anything wrong with them as all my mods are clones except my sigelei 100w. I've bought 100% of them from online vape shops like 101 vapes and other places. Can't say anything bad about any that I've bought as they all work 100% and probably work as good as an authentic. If you can afford an authentic and that's what you want then great. Personally I can't afford authentics and with what I save on clones allows me to buy more vape gear. I've never dealt with fasttech personally so I can't recommend them but have seen a lot of people on here saying they order from them.

Sent from my LGL35G

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not a fan of tube mods in general, but have to say this brass SMPL clone is the nicest I have ever had. Seamless simplicity, really smart design, so easy to adjust to the battery and atty contact, rattle free, perfect button, and the shortest 18650 out there. Totally minimal style is not for everybody, but a standout for me. Makes my second favorite GP Paps seem kinda busy and dumb, handsome though it is.

pc142091-edit-jpg.10445
pc142094-edit-jpg.10446

Re-post from this morning in Mechanical Pics.

Last edited:

zolt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a Nemesis from Fasttech and it's awesome, totally worth getting! Make sure you also get some magnets (10 pack) for the switch and the kayfun 3.1 connection kit (hybrid topcap)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I own only two tube mods because I own two gennies. I have the 29 and the 4nine..................I recommend NEITHER as a first mech mod.

Nitrowolf72

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a few and the panzer blackhawk clone by far is my favorite 18650 mod. I use a cartel clone 26650 mod also and its a lot better than my kryptonite 26650 mod.

Sent from my LGL35G

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
At that price for the Nemesis clone, you'd be better off buying one on Ebay and getting it MUCH faster. About the same price. Some things are cheaper buying stateside with Ebay, rather than Fast Tech.

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Might seem too good to be true, but it's not. Just remember you get what you pay for. The $200 one is awesome, the $20 one is a clone... it will work. Might not last as long or work as good as the authentic one, but then again it might last longer and work better. Never know. It has good ratings though. I'd say go for it, for $20 what have you got to lose.
Nice avatar! ;)

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not a fan of tube mods in general, but have to say this brass SMPL is the nicest I have ever had. Seamless simplicity, really smart design, so easy to adjust to the battery and atty contact, rattle free, perfect button, and the shortest 18650 out there. Totally minimal style is not for everybody, but a standout for me. Makes my second favorite GP Paps seem kinda busy and dumb, handsome though it is.

pc142091-edit-jpg.10445
pc142094-edit-jpg.10446

Re-post from this morning in Mechanical Pics.
is this smpl an authentic? The authentics are fairly reasonable at 130.00 compaired to many others. I really like the simplicity too.

Last edited:

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
is this smpl an authentic? The authentics are fairly reasonable at 130.00 compaired to many others. I really like the simplicity too.

Nope, a $15 clone. I should have mentioned that. It's this one: https://www.fasttech.com/p/1927601 Equivalents are available on eBay for about twice that.

A few posts back @franciscan said he would not recommend 4Nine as a first mech mod. It's sound advise coming from experience. 4Nine and SMPL are both pinless and care should be taken to avoid shorting at the atty's 510 connection. Know what you are getting into and need to be mindful of before taking the plunge. BTW, I have both, and as soon as the shorter SMPLs become available I'm going to say goodye to my 4Nines. Can't say I ever liked them.

Last edited:

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope, a $15 clone. I should have mentioned that. It's this one: https://www.fasttech.com/p/1927601 Equivalents are available on eBay for about twice that.

A few posts back @franciscan said he would not recommend 4Nine as a first mech mod. It's sound advise coming from experience. 4Nine and SMPL are both pinless and care should be taken to avoid shorting at the atty's 510 connection. Know what you are getting into and need to be mindful of before taking the plunge. BTW, I have both, and as soon as the shorter SMPLs become available I'm going to say goodye to my 4Nines. Can't say I ever liked them.

Vapor Lair has the smpl 18350 tubes for 35 dollars. Don't know if the fire button threads are compatible with the clone
https://thevaporlair.com/shop/accessories/350-smpl-mod-tubes/

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My first mechanical was a V2 Smok Magneto, it was the best mechanical EVER from MY own perspective, and with that said, I was a very happy camper.

Would I use the Magneto now? No way.
But would I have been happier if I started with the mechanical I am using today? Other might think so, but for me, probably not.

So with the OP in mind, as long as you look at it and use it from your own perspective, it will do you just fine. Ask anyone about a certain device, atomizer, or juice, and you'll get a hundred different opinions, often leaving you no better off than when you knew very little to begin with.

In short, pretty much any mech you can buy will "work," and you'll find ways to make it work even better as you get more experienced with your builds ;)

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's certainly cheaper to find out what you will enjoy, purchasing 15 dollar clones vs 200 dollar authentics. One thing that seems to be a common theme amongst the "hundred opinions" is "Mod Acquisition Syndrome".

Last edited:

Not_A_Doctor

Member For 4 Years
Fasttech is horrible. Just got an order in after 2 weeks. 5 items ordered. 2 items incorrect or DOA. One of the items does not function at all and the other is a fake and I ordered the 2 authentics. What's bad is they sent one fake and one real, almost like they wanted me to bitch. customer service is the worst on the planet. they can't read English so you send them an email and they don't understand it. send you a response that has nothing to do with the issue.

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Fasttech is horrible. Just got an order in after 2 weeks. 5 items ordered. 2 items incorrect or DOA. One of the items does not function at all and the other is a fake and I ordered the 2 authentics. What's bad is they sent one fake and one real, almost like they wanted me to bitch. customer service is the first on the planet. they can't read English so you send them an email and they don't understand it. send you a response that has nothing to do with the issue.
Shame that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i love fasttech I have three Nemesis from them. on another note, I bought a Nemesis from focal and the top caps don't fit the fasttech ones. the switch is interchangeable but not the top cap so hybrid caps for focal nemesis is out of the question.

vgpg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Okay because I ordered a Praxis style mod a few weeks ago, it still hasn't shipped but i'll let you know if it's junk or not.
It was only $16 :p

vgpg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I should have thought about that before ordering my first mod.
Slowtech takes incredibly long to ship I would have preferred paying the extra 15-20$ for a much faster delivery.

You could say it was a impulse buy on my part :confused:

VU Sponsors