Become a Patron!

Best Mod?

endarfluf

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello
I'm gonna get a new vape soon, and was wondering what some of the best ones out there are?
I was looking at the smok alien, and buying the cloud beast along with it, but was wondering if anyone knew of anything better?

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't know but the Smok Alien is awesome to the extreme! I mean it can handle just about everything you throw on it. It is one of if not the smallest two battery mods out there and, damn just look at it! It is beautiful... I love it. :DGet it. I know you want it... :teehee::teehee::teehee: :) :)

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hello
I'm gonna get a new vape soon, and was wondering what some of the best ones out there are?
I was looking at the smok alien, and buying the cloud beast along with it, but was wondering if anyone knew of anything better?
there really isn't a such thing as a best mod IMO. It's really the best mod to suit your needs and price range. so what are you looking for exactly and what kind of price range?
For the record though the alien and TFV8 is a great combo, but i have heard some people have issues with paint peeling on the aliens. I have 2 of them though and no such issues

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
best what, color selection, price, specs, materials used, craftsmanship, single cell mod, dual cell mod, triple cell mod, internal cell mod...the list goes on forever

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
13eccadea8a9e3f4d4634409fc4f140c.jpg

Best mods for me this year is both the RX200 and RX200s...just my 2¢

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

morfius1963

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hcigar has a new mod coming out in a couple weeks called the VT 250 I believe it will be the best mod on the market. I myself am going to purchase it soon as it is available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
please tell me your kidding

I know a lot of people like them, but i never recommend them because of all the known issues and their crap take on their warranty.
Well I've never had any problems with these two...My brother has had no troubles with his either, and the guys at the local shop has had zero problems as they have access to any mod in the store and yet they chose the RX200s to vape behind the counter day in and day out..
Believe what you want, that way you'll never know what you're missing, lol

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Right now the best bang for the buck mods IMO are the Hohmtech G2 and the Hohmtech Slice. You can pick one of each up at vaporcube.com for under $80. Code for the Slice SE is SLICEPRICE and the code for the G2 is G2FLASHx1. Both mods fire anything and TC anything. You can thank me later. Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
458286e7254db1b70895489b743beb24.jpg
774642836df9871cb31747adf156e73c.jpg

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heard the G2 was good..but $80 is still a little steep, least it is for me....lol

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
please tell me your kidding

I know a lot of people like them, but i never recommend them because of all the known issues and their crap take on their warranty.

Hold on, let me take tongue out of cheek and check...yeah, I was kidding...

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hcigar has a new mod coming out in a couple weeks called the VT 250 I believe it will be the best mod on the market. I myself am going to purchase it soon as it is available

Why recommend such an elaborate and expensive device? If he's getting the TFV8 clearly he is only gonna use watts right now. Thats why i asked what he was looking for. I wouldn't recommend someone to spend 150 bucks on a device where they won't use any features.
Well I've never had any problems with these two...My brother has had no troubles with his either, and the guys at the local shop has had zero problems as they have access to any mod in the store and yet they chose the RX200s to vape behind the counter day in and day out..

Not missing much. my friend has one, it's a decent mod i just don't like the quality or wismecs warranty policy. I have like 20 other mods all much better then an RX lol. I'll never understand that theory of "your missing out" when it's clearly a very affordable mod that anyone can buy. it's not something that super expensive. If they made one with better wiring and a better 510 pin i'd buy one for sure. You do know a guy on facebook has a service of repairing these mods and is backed up right now with all the requests he gets lol. Charges 50 bucks to fix the wiring and 510 pin. he's making a killing.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Heard the G2 was good..but $80 is still a little steep, least it is for me....lol

they are only like 45-50 bucks right now not much more then an RX and a much better mod with a better warranty

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
it's an unregulated series mod with a hybrid adapter. not safe for a new vapor at all. thats why I said that

Quite right, but I still use my original 2 and got a couple spares when they were like 5 bucks on sale :eek: With a Petri V2 it's just an outstanding vape.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Quite right, but I still use my original 2 and got a couple spares when they were like 5 bucks on sale :eek: With a Petri V2 it's just an outstanding vape.
not saying it's bad, just saying i always make sure to recommend the right mod that fits the person. a unregulated series mod for a new user is an explosion waiting to happen.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why recommend such an elaborate and expensive device? If he's getting the TFV8 clearly he is only gonna use watts right now. Thats why i asked what he was looking for. I wouldn't recommend someone to spend 150 bucks on a device where they won't use any features.

Not missing much. my friend has one, it's a decent mod i just don't like the quality or wismecs warranty policy. I have like 20 other mods all much better then an RX lol. I'll never understand that theory of "your missing out" when it's clearly a very affordable mod that anyone can buy. it's not something that super expensive. If they made one with better wiring and a better 510 pin i'd buy one for sure. You do know a guy on facebook has a service of repairing these mods and is backed up right now with all the requests he gets lol. Charges 50 bucks to fix the wiring and 510 pin. he's making a killing.
Like I said Richard, I've had no such problems...Expensive??.paid only $48 for the newer RX200s, and it vapes the CloudBeast all day long (and then some) on a single charge at 125w or so..been a great mod vaping everyday for the last 5 mos..
I had my $200 SX Mini quit firing and wasnt even 3mos old..ugh!! Learned just because a mod is expensive ($200+) doesn't mean it's a quality mod...oh well, rant over

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
not saying it's bad, just saying i always make sure to recommend the right mod that fits the person. a unregulated series mod for a new user is an explosion waiting to happen.

Agreed, especially if that new vaper is a fool and jumps into something without doing any research.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Like I said Richard, I've had no such problems...Expensive??.paid only $48 for the newer RX200s, and it vapes the CloudBeast all day long (and then some) on a single charge at 125w or so..been a great mod vaping everyday for the last 5 mos..
I had my $200 SX Mini quit firing and wasnt even 3mos old..ugh!! Learned just because a mod is expensive ($200+) doesn't mean it's a quality mod...oh well, rant over

the expensive part wasn't directed at you. that was from another quote where someone recommended a VT250 which is roughly a 120 dollar DNA250 mod with that isn't even out for a few more weeks.

The RX series I've seen as low as 31 dollars but in general they cost around 40 bucks maybe 50 at the highest. not expensive at all. I do agree that price =/= quality and performance. as stated before the G2 is amazing. price is 45 bucks right now so around the same as an RX the quality is a million times better, the company and support and warranty is a million times better and the performance is a million times better lol. I never recommend expensive mods (over 100 bucks) to people unless they are specifically looking for a a pricy mod to upgrade from what they have that does amazing temp control and isn't a giant box design lol. In that case the VT133, therion 133, finder 133 triad 200 and the newer DNA250 models are all great. I have a Finder167 on the way myself from china that i preordered. Great mods, but overkill for people just getting into vaping. If you look around on the forums pretty much 2-3 times a month someone comes here cause the rx took a crap. It's 99% of the time the 510 pin. It's a known issue so in good conscience i can't recommend it to anyone. Also check out the reviews from DJLsb vapes on youtube. he does testing like no other and also doesn't recommend them. He's the only you tuber i really trust when it comes to opinions. He's much more thorough then anyone else. Wismec also voids warranty if you use any non wismec atty so basically no warranty lol. The fact that someone has a side business upgrading the wiring (18 gauge when it should be 16 gauge) and replacing the 510 pin to a better one, shows that clearly it's an issue. Now that doesn't mean it's a shitty mod, it just means in good conscience after all the research I've done, it's not something i could ever recommend to anyone who is looking for advice on a new setup. now if you have a ton of mods like me and you want a beater that you don't care if it breaks because it's not gonna kill you that's fine. But some people rely on 1 mod to keep them of cigs and don't have money to replace it so easily so i have to make sure if someone needs a recommendation to put the right mod in their hand without overkilling it, over spending it, or not being safe

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Agreed, especially if that new vaper is a fool and jumps into something without doing any research.
we were all new at one point. I started out with mechs after getting off the little ego vape pens like 4-5 years ago. No reason to be so quick to judge. If someone is on here they are clearly doing some research. the people that don't research are the one's we'll never hear from

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello

SMOK Alien - dual 18650
SMOK X Cube Ultra - dual 18650
SMOK H-Priv - dual 18650
IJOY LUX - TWO 26650
IJOY MAXO - FOUR 18650
Pioneer4You IPV6 - dual 18650
Pioneer4You IPV8 - dual 18650
HohmWrecker G2 - dual 18650
Howhmwrecker HohmSlice - ONE 26650
HCIGAR VT75 - ONE 26650
HCIGAR VT133 - dual 18650

Those are just SOME of the great mods out.
All depends on what you are after.
Not a single mod is the best for ALL users.

But your first choice is indeed a great choice and a great combo.
You COULD get the SMOK Alien WITH a SMOK Baby Beast as a kit.
You could also use the link provided to find many great vendors that ship form the states IF that is where you're at.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like my 300w Kooper Primus too..
f6236c372009e95a6bcf1a1da841ac3e.jpg
another mod that uses three 18650 batts..I get a little more batt run time with this mod than either RX mod..all three batts install with the + end up..
0819f1be79e363a9013d9c20bd0034de.jpg
Also like this 26650 100w Wismec Presa..
Vapes the BabyBeast .15 T8 at 70w superbly, like they were made for each other, lol

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
SMOK Alien - dual 18650
SMOK X Cube Ultra - dual 18650
SMOK H-Priv - dual 18650
IJOY LUX - TWO 26650
IJOY MAXO - FOUR 18650
Pioneer4You IPV6 - dual 18650
Pioneer4You IPV8 - dual 18650
HohmWrecker G2 - dual 18650
Howhmwrecker HohmSlice - ONE 26650
HCIGAR VT75 - ONE 26650
HCIGAR VT133 - dual 18650

Those are just SOME of the great mods out.
All depends on what you are after.
Not a single mod is the best for ALL users.

You could also use the link provided to find many great vendors that ship form the states IF that is where you're at.
Those are all great but I wouldn't get a dna for a new user. Expensive if your only using power mode. The lux is smaller then I thought. Very close to a g2 size. So far I like it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Edit. Also wouldn't recommend the p4u mods for well u know why lol

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those are all great but I wouldn't get a dna for a new user. Expensive if your only using power mode. The lux is smaller then I thought. Very close to a g2 size. So far I like it.

Edit. Also wouldn't recommend the p4u mods for well u know why lol

All three very good and valid points.
Was in a hurry and should have thought first.
DNA + new vaper = data overload.
Great looking and feeling devices with a few bad features + new vapers = possibility of them thinking all devices are bad and possibly returning to stinkies.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
All three very good and valid points.
Was in a hurry and should have thought first.
DNA + new vaper = data overload.
Great looking and feeling devices with a few bad features + new vapers = possibility of them thinking all devices are bad and possibly returning to stinkies.
Sweet and simple. The alien is a good choice for op. As is the hpriv and xcube ultra. Plus the hohmtech mods which are always awesome plus I have a user guide so.. lol

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
No reason to be so quick to judge. If someone is on here they are clearly doing some research. the people that don't research are the one's we'll never hear from

Certainly wasn't judging anyone, just stating a hypothetical fact. No one is born knowing all about vaping, ohms law, etc. and kudos to those that do their homework. As noted above, those that don't we have seen on the 5 o'clock news...

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I've had zero problems too lol the one mod that's kicking along lmao

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
a33d1e2b5b04ded7d5225d9f47429efb.jpg
blows nice clouds too with the TFV8 at 125w...
4ed640b6d6a4513a2eff531d08a31efd.jpg

Versatile as it vapes this .32 ohm Griffin build at lower wattages for flavor when I'm not in the mood for clouds, lol

Last edited:

speedman2049

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been loving my Smok G-Priv so far. Had it for 4 weeks or so and it's pretty damn good! Just make sure to get some high drain batteries if you plan to take it to the max (like samsung 30q or LG hg2 etc..) since it goes up to 220w on 2 batteries.

Only things that i got a bit disappointed on it was that during the pre-order, everywhere they were stating that it was supposed to come with bluetooth for OTA upgrades and using their app but they either took it out from their production models or disabled it until they fix it and enable it in a future firmware. The other one was that the back cover was supposed to be real carbon fiber but to me it's just a sticker that looks like carbon fiber.

Other than that it's pretty damn good!

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been loving my Smok G-Priv so far. Had it for 4 weeks or so and it's pretty damn good! Just make sure to get some high drain batteries if you plan to take it to the max (like samsung 30q or LG hg2 etc..) since it goes up to 220w on 2 batteries.

Only things that i got a bit disappointed on it was that during the pre-order, everywhere they were stating that it was supposed to come with bluetooth for OTA upgrades and using their app but they either took it out from their production models or disabled it until they fix it and enable it in a future firmware. The other one was that the back cover was supposed to be real carbon fiber but to me it's just a sticker that looks like carbon fiber.

I'm yet to find ANY OTA update option that properly works.
Most mods that have Bluetooth if you try to copy a file to it, SLOW isn't even near the right word for the file transfer speed description.
Just my observation.
With that said, it will NOT prevent me from purchasing any mod because that one feature doesn't carry enough negative weight in my personal opinion to prevent it.
Still a bit jealous because I haven't even ordered the G-Priv yet.
No idea what is holding me back.

speedman2049

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm yet to find ANY OTA update option that properly works.
Most mods that have Bluetooth if you try to copy a file to it, SLOW isn't even near the right word for the file transfer speed description.
Just my observation.
With that said, it will NOT prevent me from purchasing any mod because that one feature doesn't carry enough negative weight in my personal opinion to prevent it.
Still a bit jealous because I haven't even ordered the G-Priv yet.
No idea what is holding me back.

Lol, I hear ya!
It's an awesome mod! Really easy to use and the touch screen is really good (verry responsive) and makes sense (not gimmicky).
Also the temp control works great and the voltage cutoff is 2.8v so you really get to use the most out of your batteries on this mod!
The firing button on it is also very nice and has a good tactile feedback.
Overall very happy with it!
You can check out some reviews from riptrippers and djlsb vapes on it.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol, I hear ya!
It's an awesome mod! Really easy to use and the touch screen is really good (verry responsive) and makes sense (not gimmicky).
Also the temp control works great and the voltage cutoff is 2.8v so you really get to use the most out of your batteries on this mod!
The firing button on it is also very nice and has a good tactile feedback.
Overall very happy with it!
You can check out some reviews from riptrippers and djlsb vapes on it.
Thanks for the info.
Think I've seen most reviews except Rips cause I don't care to watch him or his sold out opinions but DJLsb on the other hand I believe.
I know I'll get one or 4 of them but not sure what I'm waiting on.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had mixed luck with the istick tc100w. My first one died just outside of warranty due to a funky fire button (switch board broke from the main board internally). The second one seems to be holding up. Paint job on both sucks, it looks like it's been through ww3 and it's either in my hand or carefully set on a desk or table. You'd think it had been rolling around in the back of a pickup while offroading. Fairly small for a dual 18650 mod, can be run with either 2x 18650's or a single which can be a nice perk. If ever in a bind and you've only got one functional battery you're not sol or have to worry about running 2 batteries with different charge states.

Most people don't recommend internal charging but the reviews of it by djlsvapes and such suggest it handles balanced internal charging pretty well. No it's not the best mod out there, it's also only $30. Someone may not use all the features and it's not a dna mod but it handles tc pretty well as well as power mode or vv/vw.

It's down to personal taste so a bit subjective, I like the shape of the istick. The sides are rounded, makes it more comfortable to me than some of the boxier mods. The fire button works like the h-priv with a fire 'bar'. No issues with inserting/removing batteries (can be an issue on some mods where the batteries are too tight and hard on the wraps).

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You could also use the link provided to find many great vendors that ship form the states IF that is where you're at

Agreed.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I preordered one as well, still don't have it but that's another thread. Lol
I looked into the Bluetooth feature during preorder, and Smok never stated that it would have it. A few sites said it would before it was released, never Smok. So I went in figuring if it did great, if not oh well.

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Everybody's different aren't they? I like the Kanger Toptanks with the SSOCC coils and 40W will drive that no problem. I really don't need a 3 battery 240W mod nor do I need a tank with 8 coils that guzzles juice like a pig. My idea of a perfect mod would be a bit different than some people's choices here. The best mod is the mod that works for you. My mod is a Tesla 80W TC. It works for me. A Kbox 75W or an Eleaf Pico would work for me too. I might buy something bigger that would take 3 batteries but I would definitely need one that would work on two batteries too. I don't need a 3 pound mod in my pocket but it would be great for at home.

speedman2049

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Another mod i would recommend on a budget is the Smok M80 plus, now before i get flamed lol, i'll give you my reasons why.
Yes it's true that that the temp control is crap and does not work, however you get a 80watt device with 2 built in 18650 batteries at 4400 mAh and 2amp built in charger so this thing has power and charges very quickly.
I have one as that was my main device for about 3 years before my g-priv, and as a regular wattage device it works flawlessly and never had an issue with it!
Best of all, you can find them for around 40$!! A 80watt device with built in batteries and fast charge for only $40 bucks! That's hard to beat!

VU Sponsors