Become a Patron!

Best mods of all time?

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright everyone, I want to know what you consider to be the best MOD of all time. Let me lay down a couple rules so this doesn't get out of hand. 1. please only post why you like a particular mod, NOT why you hate one someone else posted. 2. TRY (and I do mean try) to limit yourself to just one. 3. why do you think it's the best mod? 4. make sure and give some specs on the mod, is it a DNA, Yihi, mech, squonk, you don't need to limit yourself to just regulated mods I really want your opinion.

I am looking to grab a new mod, possibly a DNA or a Mech Squonk (or both), and I'd love to hear some opinions.

For me, so far, the asMODus minkin v2 is the best mod I've owned. Battery life is unparalleled in anything else I've owned except for my recurve/profile combo (which is my favorite combo), it's very durable, feels great in my hand, does TC but I think it lacks there.

Let's hear it

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I can’t think of one mod that I would say the is best.....
Firstly, I’m a huge dnafanboy and rarely top 100w.
For that reason, I love my my paranormal. I get plenty of battery life for my power needs. Plus he replay mode lets you get the same vape each time without fiddle fucking with settings

I also love the therion 75c, same vape as the paranormal at like settings but it’ll kill a battery fast above 55w.

If I could right now, I would get a drone- dna 250c squonker.

All of that said, I love the simplicity of the squid double barrel. It’s a great nonsense power only mod. One button that does power adjustment and firing. It’s also durable, sturdy and small.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can’t think of one mod that I would say the is best.....
Firstly, I’m a huge dnafanboy and rarely top 100w.
For that reason, I love my my paranormal. I get plenty of battery life for my power needs. Plus he replay mode lets you get the same vape each time without fiddle fucking with settings

I also love the therion 75c, same vape as the paranormal at like settings but it’ll kill a battery fast above 55w.

If I could right now, I would get a drone- dna 250c squonker.

All of that said, I love the simplicity of the squid double barrel. It’s a great nonsense power only mod. One button that does power adjustment and firing. It’s also durable, sturdy and small.
My minikin v2 is also great for just power mode. ramps up quick, gets the job done. Goes great with an rta or a good dripper. I have 3 "power mode" mods. I'm either going dna or getting another mech squonker that ups the game a little bit from the recurve.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've never owned one, and I don't know if I completely comprehend why TC with a DNA is so much better than TC on any other mod.
Mmm it is more accurate than most, more customizable in performance and with replay you always get exactly the same vape.
Best answer I can rally give without getting overly in depth.
I set up all my profiles and after 2 or 3 toots set the replay and I’m done

Not everyone likes to fine tune their vape though. My wife uses asmodus exclusively and isn’t a dna fan at all. So like everything it’s a different strokes for different folks thing

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my defiant designs..
1. Fires low low builds(parrellel)
2. Comfortable feel
3. If you have multiple colors of the mod and bottles(i have em all) youll always feel like u have multiple mods
be3720bfaba3baa479818dd793f5be25.jpg

#staycloudy

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my defiant designs..
1. Fires low low builds(parrellel)
2. Comfortable feel
3. If you have multiple colors of the mod and bottles(i have em all) youll always feel like u have multiple mods
be3720bfaba3baa479818dd793f5be25.jpg

#staycloudy
I know you love those things. Lol. That captain america one is pretty sweet. I'm probably gonna buy that one in Red real soon.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mmm it is more accurate than most, more customizable in performance and with replay you always get exactly the same vape.
Best answer I can rally give without getting overly in depth.
I set up all my profiles and after 2 or 3 toots set the replay and I’m done

Not everyone likes to fine tune their vape though. My wife uses asmodus exclusively and isn’t a dna fan at all. So like everything it’s a different strokes for different folks thing
That is exactly why I want one. I love running tc on my mods that have the feature and I know I could get a better vape out of my builds if I was able to fine tune some more things. For example on most of my mods that have tcr i run that because it gives a better vape. I'd love to be able to fine tune a vape for my ni80 framed staple build or for my SS316L (3)28x36g fused clapton build etc etc.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
R6two SBTR "Project Neptune Spear" in copper. It's a single 18650 tube mech with a threadless button design. Jeff Palladino (The Vape Machinist) also makes a custom matching SBTR cap that fits on both the 24mm OG Goon RDA deck and the Goon 1.5 RDA deck. The amazing performance and the impeccable quality of the machining are the two main important reasons why I think this mod is the best right now, and, IMO it looks pretty badass in addition to that, but the simple fact it truly is badass in every way imaginable IMO still remains the one final decisive factor.

As for why I prefer mech mods, it's actually not that hard to explain. Every chip adds a certain amount of fuzziness to the power output signal due to random-like fluctuations typifying of any and all electronic circuit boards, causing it to be less than perfectly predictable/steady as far as the power output goes, and this fuzziness can directly be felt on the vape. Further, mech mods are inherently preheating the coils. The voltage sag behavior of a battery follows a steep downward slope for a brief moment before the voltage stabilizes so that's why. The difference in characteristics of this preheat on a regulated mod versus a mech mod is not subtle, and, I hugely prefer the distinctive sharply defined fast ramp up that only a mech mod can offer. I keep the temperature of my coils under control by keeping the strength of my draw reliably accurately in balance with the speed of vapor production so, being able to sense the vapor production means everything. It is the exact opposite of temp control, as the vapor production controls your draw strength like an autopilot, not the other way around. But for this to work the brain needs to adapt to invariable characteristics that make this spontaneous focused balance possible. After that initial learning process, it quickly becomes second nature and a way of life. And then there is no going back to a regulated mod.

Grandpa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
200S. I have 2 of them; all beat to shit and still drop dead reliable. I use them a lot. They aren't the flashiest or fanciest and the paint chips off so they look like shit after the first month but they just work every_fucking_time. If I could only own one mod I would have a 200S.

Boyblue

Member For 3 Years
I believe in time the Voopoo Drag will be considered among the best. It's the only mod that I've owned that never had an issue other than someone else wanting it more than I did :)

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hexohm v3 hands down. Logic says a mech would last longer, but the Hexohms have a lifetime warranty, which is also transferable should you decide to sell it. They have no bells or whistles - just a voltage potentiometer. They're built well, and work well.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
The Smoant Battlestar, it’s a sturdy mod that looks good and performs well above the price. It comes in lots of beautiful colors and even has a stab wood Battlestar that’s gorgeous and only costs a few hundred. I put a lot of emphasis on value and except for a few of their mods I think they’re the best bang for your buck in the vape world.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hands down the best mod I have ever owned.BMM Tiny V2.5 . Little of a hasstle to get FB group. 250.00. DNA 259c. Dual 18650. Ergonomic as you can get. Forget it is in my hand. Great customer service. He calibrates each one something not sure any other dna mod comes that way. First dna mod I have ever just put batteries in and never hooked to escribe right off the bat. It has the Modmaker plus 10 bottle system. just pull bottle out fill thru the top slide back in easy peasy no leaky no refill caps no taking rda off. Best vape money I ever spent and I have spent some lol.

Attachments

• CameraZOOM-20181129054750467.jpg
    CameraZOOM-20181129054750467.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 42

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Im with Chef. Hexohm. I keep giving mine away to friends and family as gifts for quitting smoking or graduation from college gifts and so on, but if it came down to a single one, that would be a strong contender.

I may have a different answer tomorrow and a different one still the day after.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Im with Chef. Hexohm. I keep giving mine away to friends and family as gifts for quitting smoking or graduation from college gifts and so on, but if it came down to a single one, that would be a strong contender.

I may have a different answer tomorrow and a different one still the day after.
I have a few, and being the cheap dude that I am the following says a lot - their purple Hexangels V3 is the ONLY mod that I've EVER paid full retail price for (that I can remember). They're that good!

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Kennedy Vindicator 21700. Have a Kennedy 25 rda on top and I could be happy with nothing else.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In spite of the garbage paint, I really like the Hohm Slice LE. Excellent in TC and really comfortable form factor. The capabilities of the FSK chip are extensive if you want to tweak settings. I have 3 currently, one unused in the box. Going to strip the paint and refinish them.

VU Sponsors