Become a Patron!

Best MTL Pen?

Sporadic311

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I am not brand new to the vaping world but my last pen I had lasted 2 years and I used it for a total of 2 weeks. I have done some research for the last two days and still a little unsure about which Vape Pen Starter Kit to buy.

I am wanting a MTL style Vape Pen Kit but am open to trying DTL. It would be nice to try both and I know you can if the tank on the pen has adjustable air flow. Here's where it gets a little tricky for me.

I know the the ideal coil ohms for MTL is 1.5 - 1.8. Most vapor pens I have found are .5 ohms.
I know you can change the coils but when you have a Pen Battery that is not adjustable I don't know if that is possible or a good decision. I'd rather not buy the buy the box battery style because I just like the Pen style.

Also, I am not looking to find the cheapest Vape Pen. I want something that is well built and will last. Here is a couple I have looked at.

Kangertech SUBVOD - I like it but the coil ohms on it is .5. On the other hand you can adjust the air flow but im worried about burning through the battery life and juice if I don't have to. Maybe with a more restricted air flow it would cut out on that, I wish I knew if I could change the coil to a 1.5 or 1.8 ohm but again I know the battery is not adjustable so might not be possible or a good idea.

Innokin ENDURA T18 - It seems ok but looks cheap and is priced cheep. It has a 1.5 ohm coil but I don't think the air flow can be adjusted and I don't want to cloud to bee too light and not be able to adjust for more air to come through.

Aspire K3 - Looks really, really cheap. I read that it has good adomizers if I'm saying that right but I just don't know about this one.

Innokin AMVS Starter Kit - Looks awesome but geared for DTL vaping. Really nice unit.

I'd like to know if anyone knows of any other pens I could consider for what I am trying to achieve. Again, I am trying to steer away for the box battery style but if that's what I have to get to make sure I get a quality tank and battery I guess that's just what I will have to do. I don't think you can buy a Pen style battery by itself and put whatever tank you want on it.

I would elaborate more but im at work right now lol.

Thanks!

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use pen style devices at work. Currently using the Kangertech Ipow 2 with the Aspire Nautilus Mini tank/1.8 coil. I need something with vv/vw and the Ipow 2 is adjustable from 1-15 watts. The Tesla Spider 2 is also a nice pen that is adjustable to 5 volts. Both are extremely hard to find, so I have been in the market to find something comparable to these, but are widely available. I have been looking at the Joyetech ego twist plus, just not thrilled with the Cubis tank. Like the 5-30watt 1500 mah battery. The Nautilus mini should fit nicely. Any one else know of 19-22 mm pens with vv/vw??

okeasykilla

Member For 5 Years
So I am not brand new to the vaping world but my last pen I had lasted 2 years and I used it for a total of 2 weeks. I have done some research for the last two days and still a little unsure about which Vape Pen Starter Kit to buy.

!

How about the joyetech exceed D19? Sub ohm & above ohm coils, adjustable air flow. 19mm & 22mm options, different colors. Plus, joyetech is pretty reputable.
8ebf18fbd3f1b26c82441c32abe73f13.jpg

Sent from the future.

Sporadic311

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I ordered the Kangertech Subvod Starter Kit yesterday. After days of searching and the urge for a ciggerett growing stronger with this stressful work week I had to pull the trigger on something. After I ordered the Kanger I did look more into the Joyetech Exceed D19 and thought it would be a good option but it was too late to go back. Luckily these Pens are not that expensive and if the Kangertech does not work out I will try another.

Two things concern me with the Kangertech Subvod.
One- If I use the restricted Airflow will it be restricted enough to use the MTL method.
Two- The .5ohm coil. Im not sure if it would be ok to change the coil out to a 1.2 - 1.8ohm coil with the fixed wattage and voltage battery. If someone can enlighten me on that. I don't want to drain the battery and run through a ton of e-juice if I don't have to.

I might start DL vaping if I like it so the option to try it might work out. We will see.

okeasykilla

Member For 5 Years
I think you should be able to pull off mtl with the airflow cut down. I would guess if you could find a 1.2 or 1.5 kanger coil that fits the subvod it’ll work. You might get better battery life but, I’m just guessing. I would call kanger or one of their retailers & ask them. On another note you should check out eliquids made with nicotine salts like mr salt e. The nicotine in it gets to you faster (very satisfying) than the traditional free base nic we’ve been vaping for years now. In these small low power devices they’re great. Don’t get worried that some are 50mg. Feels like an 18mg with less throat hit. Hope this helps.

Sent from the future.

VU Sponsors