Become a Patron!

Best MTL tank for high VG ?

carla_369

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello! I'm new to vaping and my story goes like this(I'll try to be short - clearly didn't succed).
One month ago I got a Joyetech Ego Aio and put a 50/50 juice in it. All good, I was happily vaping, smoked no cigarettes for a week until I started experiencing a horrible dehydration. I knew from the beggining that when you pick up vaping that happens, but what that type of dehydration seemed like more than what I've heard or read. I stopped vaping on that and decided to het a higher vg juice. 4 days ago I got the Aspire Zelos kit with the Nautilus 2. It was recomended to me by the vendor from the vape shop saying that these sell like crazy. All good until the third day when a massive leak happened. As in the juice came from the back of the fire button. Freaked out, didn't touch it anymore. To note that when I left with the fully functional kit(with 70/30 juice in it) I had the 0.7 ohm coil in it. When I got home I put the 1.8 ohm coil in because I liked it better. I found some things online about this: some say that the high vg juice doesn't go well with the 1.8, some say the nautilus 2 itself doesn't go well with the VG, some say that there might be something loose in the tank like the coil or the rings. I have no idea, I'll go with it at the shop tomorrow. BUT, my question is: what tanks do you know of that can give a good MTL experience and that can handle the 70/30 or higher vg liquids?
I'm kind of frustrated because I've come to the conclusion that I love the feel of vaping and I was so surprised when I saw I could really leave the cigarettes behind with this.

Thank you so much!

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Carla. Welcome to VU. I personally use 70 vg with the 1.8 coils on a Nautilus 2 and Nautilus Mini tank with no issues. I do use an adjustable wattage device so I can turn up the wattage to get the juice to "vaporize" fully. Might check out some youtube videos on the Nautilus 2 to see the correct way to fill it so it doesn't leak. (There is a trick, but I forgot for the moment...) Hopefully someone here will come up with some other ideas for good mtl tanks. Good luck.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have not found a tank yet that I can't use my High or Max VG e-Liquids in.

carla_369

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi Carla. Welcome to VU. I personally use 70 vg with the 1.8 coils on a Nautilus 2 and Nautilus Mini tank with no issues. I do use an adjustable wattage device so I can turn up the wattage to get the juice to "vaporize" fully. Might check out some youtube videos on the Nautilus 2 to see the correct way to fill it so it doesn't leak. (There is a trick, but I forgot for the moment...) Hopefully someone here will come up with some other ideas for good mtl tanks. Good luck.
Hey Chris! Thank you for the reply. I watched like 15 youtube videos and I did what they said in there: just before you close it fully turn it upside down and then close it up completly, shake the device until some droplets come out, blow into it upside down, turn up the wattage to get rid of the gurguling. I did everything and yes, I got rid of the gurguling(which was another annoying thing), but the leaking was still there. Oh, I also blew air into the airflow holes to get the juice out.
And yes, I really hope I can find out about some good MTL tanks in here because of what I saw in many videos and forum threads is that the wicking holes on the coil need to be bigger. So, maybe there's something better than the Nautilus 2... I really hope so anyway :))))

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I good tank for you might be the old reliable Nautilus Mini or the Nautilus X, I have them both and they are used almost daily.

carla_369

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey Chris! Thank you for the reply. I watched like 15 youtube videos and I did what they said in there: just before you close it fully turn it upside down and then close it up completly, shake the device until some droplets come out, blow into it upside down, turn up the wattage to get rid of the gurguling. I did everything and yes, I got rid of the gurguling(which was another annoying thing), but the leaking was still there. Oh, I also blew air into the airflow holes to get the juice out.
And yes, I really hope I can find out about some good MTL tanks in here because of what I saw in many videos and forum threads is that the wicking holes on the coil need to be bigger. So, maybe there's something better than the Nautilus 2... I really hope so anyway :))))
Oh and I also closed the airflow when refilling

carla_369

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I good tank for you might be the old reliable Nautilus Mini of the Nautilus X- I have them both and they are used almost daily.
Yes, I heard about the Nautilus X performing really good with high VG. Thank you!

carla_369

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't get down on yourself because there are many things that could cause problems and some are out of your control!
I will go tomorrow to the shop to have the vendor look at it. Will come back with feedback!
Thank you for the encouragement :D

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You are very Welcome and Welcome to the Vaping Underground and I hope you enjoy your stay!

carla_369

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been searching and searching on the internet and I found a set-up: eleaf istick 50w + kanger subtank nano. What do you thing? If I use the 1.2 coil and a single airflow hole do you thing I would get a tight enough draw? :oops:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I do not have the Subtank but I think my buddy @SkoldVape has one and hopefully he will chime in tomorrow as it is after Midnight in the UK. The iStick I have the TC40W and it was my first MOD with the Nautilus Mini and has served me well and still kicking almost 3 years later! It is my backup carry in case something happens to the daily driver.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been searching and searching on the internet and I found a set-up: eleaf istick 50w + kanger subtank nano. What do you thing? If I use the 1.2 coil and a single airflow hole do you thing I would get a tight enough draw? :oops:

I had an IStick 50w for a year and a half, and it worked perfectly everyday. I had heard of stories of them "venting" while charging, but I never had an issue until earlier this year my IStick 50 started to fire on its own with out me even touching it. Discounted it as an anomaly, but it did it again a couple weeks later. Well, I was finished with that nonsense, and gave it to my local shop to disassemble it and recycle the parts. I suggest you stay clear of that older tech... vapenw has the Eleaf IPower 80W for $31.00 and it is a great device with an internal 5000 mah battery, easy to navigate menu, and comes in 4 or 5 colors. I have a Subtank Nano, and even at 1 hole open, it's pretty airy, but not bad. I think you could get away with a mtl style vape.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do not have the Subtank but I think my buddy @SkoldVape has one and hopefully he will chime in tomorrow as it is after Midnight in the UK. The iStick I have the TC40W and it was my first MOD with the Nautilus Mini and has served me well and still kicking almost 3 years later! It is my backup carry in case something happens to the daily driver.
The subtank mini is a very good MTL. I use the RBA with a simple build at 1.2 :)

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The stock coils are okay too, I've tried the 1.2 occ & the 0.5 ssocc. Ssocc are the updated version of the occ

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd suggest for a tighter draw though to go with the nautilus 2, it's a hassle to fill but imo is the best MTL tank for stock coils.
Or try the vapefly Nicolas.
I love the Kabuki too but it's like $80.00!

carla_369

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey. So I went to the vape shop and the guy told me they had other cases of flooding with the nautilus 2 because of the high vg.
Thank you for the recomandations!
I'm thinking of going to a different vape shop and asking for a subtank nano to try. About the mod, maybe I could go for an Istick Pico 75w?

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey. So I went to the vape shop and the guy told me they had other cases of flooding with the nautilus 2 because of the high vg.
Thank you for the recomandations!
I'm thinking of going to a different vape shop and asking for a subtank nano to try. About the mod, maybe I could go for an Istick Pico 75w?
The pico is the mod I use with the Subtank mini, it's an awesome combo when I don't feel like blowing clouds. Very reliable portable mod. Think you've made a good call there. If your using the Subtank mini below 40 watts the battery life will be pretty decent. I don't recommend the melo 3 mini that comes with the kit. Think the flavours muted but that's just me

carla_369

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm planning on using the subtank nano with an above 1 ohm coil so I guess I'll go under 40w from what I understand.
Question: does a more narrow drip tip help with the MTL?

digibomb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
At the end of the day almost every tank leaks, some worse than others. Some ppl just get lucky when they have a tank "that never leaks". But, from your story sounds like you may have over filled it or there's something faulty if that much juice came out.

I don't know much about the nautilus but, when I did you use them back in the day they always leaked on me too.

As for dehydration, not enough vapers talk about it, but you should really be drinking a lot of water all day if you're vaping.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm planning on using the subtank nano with an above 1 ohm coil so I guess I'll go under 40w from what I understand.
Question: does a more narrow drip tip help with the MTL?
Yeah you'll probably be less than 20w & yeah it definitely does :)

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At the end of the day almost every tank leaks, some worse than others. Some ppl just get lucky when they have a tank "that never leaks". But, from your story sounds like you may have over filled it or there's something faulty if that much juice came out.

I don't know much about the nautilus but, when I did you use them back in the day they always leaked on me too.

As for dehydration, not enough vapers talk about it, but you should really be drinking a lot of water all day if you're vaping.
My Nautilus as never leaked once, the nautilus mini & dull size nautilus are virtually leak proof for me. Now the nautilus 2 leaks alot when people overfill & you've gotta close off the airflow an tip upside down. It's a pretty high maintenance tank but when it vapes right it vapes great and I love the 0.7 coils they brought out.

VU Sponsors