Best Quad Battery Regulated Mod?

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Out of interest what's the most accurate mod you have ever reviewed SRR?

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Off the top of my head I'm 99% sure it's the SX mini G class

And what's the biggest pile of shit you've ever had the mispleasure of testing :)

And don't see it's me lmfao

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
And what's the biggest pile of shit you've ever had the mispleasure of testing :)

And don't see it's me lmfao
LMAO hard to say. I have a few i tested that i haven't uploaded videos of that were pretty bad. one of them surprisingly so. For what I've released i'd have to say the fuchai 213 plus just because they were so off on their max output (223 vs 142) and the temp control was absolute garbage. Outside of that probably the wismec/joyetech mods for their incosistent output. they are frustrating because they are good at times and awful at times. all due to a 50 cent part that could make them really good mods.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thanks matey nice review by the way when I first saw the comparison screen looked like the RX had it

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nice review. I think I am going with the RX300! LMAO
Arctic Fox's custom curve preheat in VW mode is why the RX300 still vapes better than the other three mods if you are using VTC5A batteries to get pretty strong accuracy (as a result from less voltage sag compared to other batteries). But not everyone likes this magnificent feature I guess. :D

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Arctic Fox's custom curve preheat in VW mode is why the RX300 still vapes better than the other three mods if you are using VTC5A batteries to get pretty strong accuracy (as a result from less voltage sag compared to other batteries). But not everyone likes this magnificent feature I guess. :D
even with AF the poor connection leads to inconsistent puffs. You can't fix hardware with a firmware upgrade. AF did fare a little better with the evic primo when i tested it side by side against the stock firmware but still incosistent. without a solid connection it'll never be consistent. that's why we use polaris connectors to splice heavy wires together and not twist them together like it was a speaker wire lol

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
even with AF the poor connection leads to inconsistent puffs. You can't fix hardware with a firmware upgrade. AF did fare a little better with the evic primo when i tested it side by side against the stock firmware but still incosistent. without a solid connection it'll never be consistent. that's why we use polaris connectors to splice heavy wires together and not twist them together like it was a speaker wire lol
Where exactly are the wires in the RX300 twisted together? Because the link below clearly shows they're actually not.
Code:
https://youtu.be/ytiWe0qao_Y?t=1874

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Where exactly are the wires in the RX300 twisted together? Because the link below clearly shows they're actually not.
Code:
https://youtu.be/ytiWe0qao_Y?t=1874
Clearly u can't read I never said it was twisted I gave an example of the difference between a solid connection and a poor connection. For the rx300 the positive wire is soldered into a hollow pin and it's a shit design. Same as the hedron but with a bit more give. You already threw a shit fit when I gave it a bad review. Maybe if people like you didn't defend them , then they would actually make a good mod. You being a fanboy only means you will continue to get shit products

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Clearly u can't read I never said it was twisted I gave an example of the difference between a solid connection and a poor connection. For the rx300 the positive wire is soldered into a hollow pin and it's a shit design. Same as the hedron but with a bit more give. You already threw a shit fit when I gave it a bad review. Maybe if people like you didn't defend them , then they would actually make a good mod. You being a fanboy only means you will continue to get shit products

OK... it all makes sense to me now. So you gave an example that doesn't even apply to the RX300, and, despite that, this example proves the RX300 is a shit mod, yet you still haven't given a reasonable explanation of why the 510 on it is a shit design. Does the pressure of the spring get weaker over time? Does the soldering point start to break or detach from the hollow pin, or does the wire break off of the soldering point? How often has it happened yet? How much effort and skill does it usually take to get it repaired after disassembling the mod? Doesn't the fact the RX300 is much easier and faster to disassemble than the Maxo 315 also mean it might just be an easy fix in the event it does happen to my RX300 way sooner than I was hoping it would? What if the consistency of the power output between puffs is decent enough on my RX300 simply because I am using VTC5A batteries instead of batteries the bigger voltage sag of which is what's causing the poor consistency? The Maxo 315 is capable to change the power output level to a user defined value after every 550 millisecond interval. Whereas the RX300 with Arctic Fox and custom curve preheat in VW mode can do it after every 100 millisecond interval. The ramp up of my coil build that I currently am using on my RX300 doesn't even last for 550 milliseconds, which helps to explain why the preheat on the Maxo 315 is completely useless to me. So who is being a fanboy now? I own 8 mods, soon they will be 9... only 2 of 9 are Wismec. 2 are Surric (PWM mods), 2 are Vaperz Cloud (mech mods), 3 are Purge Mods (mech mods).

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I work with people like you all the time Carambra socially awkward ...you lack the skills to engage people in a reasonable way I've seen how you operate in loads of threads now and it's the same thing over and over again ...make a leading statement thats going to get a defensive response....get that response ....then go on the offence as if that person has made an attack...they either ignore you or end up in this never ending battle

And believe it or not there is a title for how you come accross "Know-It-All"

Go and look it up learn how not to be that guy and come back you'll find the engagements on this forum much easier after you do, unless of course you actually intend to cause conflict?

He hooked these mods up and showed the results I mean come on what have you provided to state your claims in here? Wisemecs are well know for having crappy 510 connections search around the web It's not just SRR opinion ...excusing this problem with it's easy to disassemble and fix is utter crap, maybe for you that's acceptable but as a consumer why should you have to do that in the first place?

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I work with people like you all the time Carambra socially awkward ...you lack the skills to engage people in a reasonable way I've seen how you operate in loads of threads now and it's the same thing over and over again ...make a leading statement thats going to get a defensive response....get that response ....then go on the offence as if that person has made an attack...they either ignore you or end up in this never ending battle

And believe it or not there is a title for how you come accross "Know-It-All"

Go and look it up learn how not to be that guy and come back you'll find the engagements on this forum much easier after you do, unless of course you actually intend to cause conflict?

He hooked these mods up and showed the results I mean come on what have you provided to state your claims in here? Wisemecs are well know for having crappy 510 connections search around the web It's not just SRR opinion ...excusing this problem with it's easy to disassemble and fix is utter crap, maybe for you that's acceptable but as a consumer why should you have to do that in the first place?
Calling me fanboy isn't an attack? WOW... just wow. Either you can show me that the 510 on the RX300 is a shit design and why, or you can keep digging the hole. Until that day happens, keep digging! ;)

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
See you completely missed my point you cant see how you come accross? There are ways of making a point ...I'm not saying you don't have valid points to contribute because you do
but do it without sniping in the first place ...you did exactly the same thing in the PWM thread as well except mikhail went nuclear on you luckily SRR has more patience

How about I've personally not had a problem with my wisemec connections but I've heard about this problem what are they doing differently in the manufacturing process that could cause the issue? and go from there instead of the your wrong I'm right prove that I'm wrong approach

Last edited:

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK... it all makes sense to me now. So you gave an example that doesn't even apply to the RX300, and, despite that, this example proves the RX300 is a shit mod, yet you still haven't given a reasonable explanation of why the 510 on it is a shit design. Does the pressure of the spring get weaker over time? Does the soldering point start to break or detach from the hollow pin, or does the wire break off of the soldering point? How often has it happened yet? How much effort and skill does it usually take to get it repaired after disassembling the mod? Doesn't the fact the RX300 is much easier and faster to disassemble than the Maxo 315 also mean it might just be an easy fix in the event it does happen to my RX300 way sooner than I was hoping it would? What if the consistency of the power output between puffs is decent enough on my RX300 simply because I am using VTC5A batteries instead of batteries the bigger voltage sag of which is what's causing the poor consistency? The Maxo 315 is capable to change the power output level to a user defined value after every 550 millisecond interval. Whereas the RX300 with Arctic Fox and custom curve preheat in VW mode can do it after every 100 millisecond interval. The ramp up of my coil build that I currently am using on my RX300 doesn't even last for 550 milliseconds, which helps to explain why the preheat on the Maxo 315 is completely useless to me. So who is being a fanboy now? I own 8 mods, soon they will be 9... only 2 of 9 are Wismec. 2 are Surric (PWM mods), 2 are Vaperz Cloud (mech mods), 3 are Purge Mods (mech mods).
You have one VW device brand and yet you are the expert. Anthony has reviewed AND tested tons of VW devices. He is only reporting results from physical testing and experience with devices. Get over yourself and your single VW device.

How about you take yours apart and prove why it's not a shit design. You seem to be the only one defending it. Make your point with evidence. Then buy a different branded device and do the same thing. I for one would be interested in seeing that.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
See you completely missed my point you cant see how you come accross? There are ways of making a point ...I'm not saying you don't have valid points to contribute because you do
but do it without sniping in the first place ...you did exactly the same thing in the PWM thread as well except mikhail went nuclear on you luckily SRR has more patience

How about I've personally not had a problem with my wisemec connections but I've heard about this problem what are they doing differently in the manufacturing process that could cause the issue? and go from there instead of the your wrong I'm right prove that I'm wrong approach
Try the approach of "I'm the only honest reviewer on the planet/universe so trust me I don't need to prove I'm right because the simple fact I'm honest is why I'm naturally ALWAYS right". To quote the famous Michael Faraday, There's nothing quite as frightening as someone who knows they are right. I asked serious questions of why the 510 is bad. All I got for reply boils down to "because I say so you dumbass socially inapt child". Keep digging that hole! :popcorn:

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
fanboy
A passionate fan of various elements of geek culture (e.g. sci-fi, comics, Star Wars, video games, anime, hobbits, Magic: the Gathering, etc.), but who lets his passion override social graces.

This definition has expanded to technology and brands. Especially Apple. If you are constantly defending your device or statements from a manufacturer blindly, you are a fanboy. Using anecdotal evidence as a means of proof also makes you a fanboy.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great comparison vid.
The BLACK Ijoy MAXO 315 has stainless top and bottom plate so the battery door does not bow or bend under the pressure allowing it to sit flat on a desk or table and not rock back and forth.
(just like the Sigelei SnowWolf 365)
I bring up this point because I find it the most comfortable to hold with the GX350 in second.
However I'm a bit partial to the fire bar instead of a button.

Since I vape mostly in the 0.09Ω - 0.15Ω range @ 100 watts the 365 could also work well for me especially since it handles the 30mm tanks without overhang but I still haven't ordered one yet.
I know, I know. Shame on me.
It's on my list.

I agree that the RX300 is a brick and not comfortable, at least for my size hand.
Glad I only purchased one of those unlike multiples of the others.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
No see the thing is I've said several times over why i see it as a poor design. You just don't want to accept it. I've seen very smart people make very poor design choices including architects and engineers. One of my favorites being when they were designing a house for a millionaire and decided the only thing they needed on emergency power was the kitchen. meanwhile they had an elevator, when it was pointed out that the elevator needed to be on emergency power they had to go back and fix it. even smart people make mistakes and overlook things. You can look at several mods and see the difference. I've tested and disassembled mods from pretty much every company. The wismec / joyetech one's were the worst designs by far and it shows in the testing results.

now clearly you haven't watched my review because you claim it's the batteries and wouldn't happen with better batteries? you claim you use the VTC5a batteries? well that's exactly what i used to test. all my triple and quad mods are tested with Sony VTC5a batteries. all my dual battery mods 170 watts or less are tested with VTC5a batteries. all my dual mods over 170 watts are tested with HB6 batteries. How can you complain about a review you clearly didn't even watch?

then you talk about the mods you own yet the only regulated ones are wismec. 2 are PWM and 5 are mechs. I own currently (not including trades and whatnot of stuff i had) about 60 mods. 50 or so are regulated. I have mods from ijoy, smok, vaporshark, wismec, joyetech, persues, dovpo, hohmtech, evlov (thinkvape and lost vape), sx mini (yihi chip), craving vapor clone, smoant, sigelei, liasmo, geekvape, boxer, voopoo, aspire, movkin, sense, SMY, tesla, innokin, and livpor. that's over 20 different companies chips and over 30 different companies builds. A large majority of which have been disassembled, inspected, and tested by myself personally and compared with results from each other and builds. On top of that the fact you need a 3rd party firmware to get features out of the rx is funny. the fact the wismec firmware is pretty badly outdated and some people made a free firmware much better is kinda a joke on wismec. firmware aside becuase AF is awesome and i've said so myself, it doesn't change that poor hardware designs. Yes you are being a fanboy, you only own regulated mods from 1 company and have no idea about what other companies are making. and defending them by making poor arguments.

Calling me fanboy isn't an attack? WOW... just wow. Either you can show me that the 510 on the RX300 is a shit design and why, or you can keep digging the hole. Until that day happens, keep digging! ;)
I have, you just don't accept it, if you think it's not a poor design then I'm glad you don't design mode or worth with electrical systems or we would all be fucked. As far as the fanboy comment, i'm just calling a spade a spade. As you can tell clearly everyone in this thread can see it.
Try the approach of "I'm the only honest reviewer on the planet/universe so trust me I don't need to prove I'm right because the simple fact I'm honest is why I'm naturally ALWAYS right". To quote the famous Michael Faraday, There's nothing quite as frightening as someone who knows they are right. I asked serious questions of why the 510 is bad. All I got for reply boils down to "because I say so you dumbass socially inapt child". Keep digging that hole! :popcorn:

I never said i'm the only one. I like @Jai Haze who is also brutally honest, hell probably more brutal then i am. and even when I don't agree with him (for instance he said the battlestar isn't very good and personally I love it) I still respect his opinion because it's just him being honest. people will have different opinions. as long as they aren't biased with fanboyism, or with money i can respect them and disagree. I really like DJLsb as well and think for the most part he is pretty honest (but not always, he's made some big mistakes too) and he said the engine was his best flavor RTA of 2016 which I thought was a joke but i still respect his opinion. I didn't shit on him for it.

I also never said i'm always right, opinions can't be right. they are just opinions. but sometimes facts can be right. the mod output is a fact. period. it's the most inconsistent mod of the 20+ or so i've tested by far. and it's only the wismec chips that do that. the rx300, predator, and primo were all like that. reporting that fact is what a reviewer should do. If i ignored it, then it would make me a pretty shitty source of info.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No see the thing is I've said several times over why i see it as a poor design. You just don't want to accept it. I've seen very smart people make very poor design choices including architects and engineers. One of my favorites being when they were designing a house for a millionaire and decided the only thing they needed on emergency power was the kitchen. meanwhile they had an elevator, when it was pointed out that the elevator needed to be on emergency power they had to go back and fix it. even smart people make mistakes and overlook things. You can look at several mods and see the difference. I've tested and disassembled mods from pretty much every company. The wismec / joyetech one's were the worst designs by far and it shows in the testing results.

now clearly you haven't watched my review because you claim it's the batteries and wouldn't happen with better batteries? you claim you use the VTC5a batteries? well that's exactly what i used to test. all my triple and quad mods are tested with Sony VTC5a batteries. all my dual battery mods 170 watts or less are tested with VTC5a batteries. all my dual mods over 170 watts are tested with HB6 batteries. How can you complain about a review you clearly didn't even watch?

then you talk about the mods you own yet the only regulated ones are wismec. 2 are PWM and 5 are mechs. I own currently (not including trades and whatnot of stuff i had) about 60 mods. 50 or so are regulated. I have mods from ijoy, smok, vaporshark, wismec, joyetech, persues, dovpo, hohmtech, evlov (thinkvape and lost vape), sx mini (yihi chip), craving vapor clone, smoant, sigelei, liasmo, geekvape, boxer, voopoo, aspire, movkin, sense, SMY, tesla, innokin, and livpor. that's over 20 different companies chips and over 30 different companies builds. A large majority of which have been disassembled, inspected, and tested by myself personally and compared with results from each other and builds. On top of that the fact you need a 3rd party firmware to get features out of the rx is funny. the fact the wismec firmware is pretty badly outdated and some people made a free firmware much better is kinda a joke on wismec. firmware aside becuase AF is awesome and i've said so myself, it doesn't change that poor hardware designs. Yes you are being a fanboy, you only own regulated mods from 1 company and have no idea about what other companies are making. and defending them by making poor arguments.

I have, you just don't accept it, if you think it's not a poor design then I'm glad you don't design mode or worth with electrical systems or we would all be fucked. As far as the fanboy comment, i'm just calling a spade a spade. As you can tell clearly everyone in this thread can see it.

I never said i'm the only one. I like @Jai Haze who is also brutally honest, hell probably more brutal then i am. and even when I don't agree with him (for instance he said the battlestar isn't very good and personally I love it) I still respect his opinion because it's just him being honest. people will have different opinions. as long as they aren't biased with fanboyism, or with money i can respect them and disagree. I really like DJLsb as well and think for the most part he is pretty honest (but not always, he's made some big mistakes too) and he said the engine was his best flavor RTA of 2016 which I thought was a joke but i still respect his opinion. I didn't shit on him for it.

I also never said i'm always right, opinions can't be right. they are just opinions. but sometimes facts can be right. the mod output is a fact. period. it's the most inconsistent mod of the 20+ or so i've tested by far. and it's only the wismec chips that do that. the rx300, predator, and primo were all like that. reporting that fact is what a reviewer should do. If i ignored it, then it would make me a pretty shitty source of info.
I don't have to own a specific mod to be able to still have access to it and or to be able to still listen to other people who do own the mod or who also have access to it. I actually never even said the 510 on the RX300 is the best one ever made. Just that there's a difference between a shit design and a design that's just decent enough to not necessarily be a dealbreaker─when considering the price range of these mods. As for the VTC5A batteries, maybe I just missed it in your video but I didn't hear you mention these at all, and the same applies to your original video review of the RX300. Either way, I know DJLsb Vapes also did a video review of both the RX300 and the Maxo 315. One of the things that can be learned from these is your conclusion of "wildly inconsistent" performance for the RX300 is wildly inconsistent with his conclusion. Now, speaking of fanboyism and how anecdotal evidence relates to that, what evidence do you have besides anecdotal evidence to show you're the one being brutally honest, not him? My own personal opinion is that this question of mine is simply a brutally honest question.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
...which is precisely why I'm rejecting the anecdotal evidence that's been provided by the OP's video. ;)
Except that doesn't apply when you are providing an opinion in a review. The only evidence in the video was an actual hardware test, which isn't anecdotal.

He stated it was his opinion and not presented as evidence. You do understand the difference right?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Except that doesn't apply when you are providing an opinion in a review. The only evidence in the video was an actual hardware test, which isn't anecdotal.

He stated it was his opinion and not presented as evidence. You do understand the difference right?
You mean to tell me actual hardware tests cannot be biased? :deadhorse:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I don't have to own a specific mod to be able to still have access to it and or to be able to still listen to other people who do own the mod or who also have access to it. I actually never even said the 510 on the RX300 is the best one ever made. Just that there's a difference between a shit design and a design that's just decent enough to not necessarily be a dealbreaker─when considering the price range of these mods. As for the VTC5A batteries, maybe I just missed it in your video but I didn't hear you mention these at all, and the same applies to your original video review of the RX300. Either way, I know DJLsb Vapes also did a video review of both the RX300 and the Maxo 315. One of the things that can be learned from these is your conclusion of "wildly inconsistent" performance for the RX300 is wildly inconsistent with his conclusion. Now, speaking of fanboyism and how anecdotal evidence relates to that, what evidence do you have besides anecdotal evidence to show you're the one being brutally honest, not him? My own personal opinion is that this question of mine is simply a brutally honest question.
Because he has something to gain from a positive review? He also fucked up the predator review and had to apologize for it. He also never mentions consistency and said he just averages out his results.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
You mean to tell me actual hardware tests cannot be biased? :deadhorse:
No they can't. Numbers don't lie.
On top of that you miss a huge detail, I have nothing to gain from a negative review. See if I gave it a positive one all the wismec fanboys like you would give me thumbs up and subscribe. Maybe even wismec would see it and say hey I'll send u stuff to review and it's all benifical to me. Giving a bad review means that nobody will send me stuff which I don't care about anyway and I have to deal with trolls like you. I personally purchased 3 of the 4 quad battery mods the 4th (maxo) I won in a giveaway so I have no reason to be partial to anything. You ONLY have wismec mods and no point of reference so out of the 2 of us who would be the biased one with anecdotal evidence?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Because he has something to gain from a positive review? He also fucked up the predator review and had to apologize for it. He also never mentions consistency and said he just averages out his results.

Let me just repeat my brutally honest question for you. What evidence do you have besides ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE to show you're the one being brutally honest, not him?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No they can't. Numbers don't lie.
On top of that you miss a huge detail, I have nothing to gain from a negative review. See if I gave it a positive one all the wismec fanboys like you would give me thumbs up and subscribe. Maybe even wismec would see it and say hey I'll send u stuff to review and it's all benifical to me. Giving a bad review means that nobody will send me stuff which I don't care about anyway and I have to deal with trolls like you. I personally purchased 3 of the 4 quad battery mods the 4th (maxo) I won in a giveaway so I have no reason to be partial to anything. You ONLY have wismec mods and no point of reference so out of the 2 of us who would be the biased one with anecdotal evidence?

Numbers don't lie, but people lie about numbers all the time. Shills get free stuff not only for giving a positive review of a certain product, but also for knocking on another brand's product that directly competes with that particular product. And, no, I'm not trolling. Just brutally honest by asking you a brutally honest question. I wonder why you keep avoiding this question. Maybe it's because you're not as brutally honest as you claim to be?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Let me just repeat my brutally honest question for you. What evidence do you have besides ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE to show you're the one being brutally honest, not him?
Well first off he said the predator had a great 510 pin then had to make an apology video saying he messed up. I've never had to do that. He also has deadlines and needs to get out reviews. I take my time and work on my own schedule. 3rd of all anyone with any experience with electrical can easily tell it's a poor design by looking at it disassembled. If u took yours apart and felt the design is good then you clearly have no idea. What your asking me is so obvious to someone with my experience it would be like me telling you water is wet and you asking for proof that water is indeed wet. Its so obvious it doesn't even need proof it's borderline common sense for anyone the importance of a solid connection

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Numbers don't lie, but people lie about numbers all the time. Shills get free stuff not only for giving a positive review of a certain product, but also for knocking on another brand's product that directly competes with that particular product. And, no, I'm not trolling. Just brutally honest by asking you a brutally honest question. I wonder why you keep avoiding this question. Maybe it's because you're not as brutally honest as you claim to be?
Lmao yup that's why all the big reviewers are scared to give bad reviews. And I get no free stuff nor do I need any. They do it for a living, I do it as a hobby. You should be bitching at the big reviewers for baiting you into buying a bad product. Sorry you fell for it. Don't get mad at me for your mistake

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well first off he said the predator had a great 510 pin then had to make an apology video saying he messed up. I've never had to do that. He also has deadlines and needs to get out reviews. I take my time and work on my own schedule. 3rd of all anyone with any experience with electrical can easily tell it's a poor design by looking at it disassembled. If u took yours apart and felt the design is good then you clearly have no idea. What your asking me is so obvious to someone with my experience it would be like me telling you water is wet and you asking for proof that water is indeed wet. Its so obvious it doesn't even need proof it's borderline common sense for anyone the importance of a solid connection

Clearly you haven't read the Wikipedia article about "anecdotal evidence". Here's that link again,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anecdotal_evidence

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Clearly you haven't read the Wikipedia article about "anecdotal evidence". Here's that link again,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anecdotal_evidence
Anecdotal evidence is evidence from anecdotes, i.e., evidence collected in a casual or informal manner and relying heavily or entirely on personal testimony

Since this is recorded data with the use of testing equipment that means once again you are incorrect.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Anecdotal evidence is evidence from anecdotes, i.e., evidence collected in a casual or informal manner and relying heavily or entirely on personal testimony

Since this is recorded data with the use of testing equipment that means once again you are incorrect.

Your claim that you haven't collected your evidence in a casual or informal manner is your personal testimony. (The rest of the Wikipedia article also explains why the use of testing equipment alone does not make it formal, nor representative.)

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The only bias in a hardware test using a meter would be the calibration of the equipment. But, even then the bias is the same for all devices tested together on said equipment. Still has nothing to do with being anecdotal.
Also read the part about "non-representative samples of typical cases" and "cognitive bias", as well as the part about "absence of documentation, leaving verification dependent on the credibility of the party presenting the evidence". (The claim of "I'm being brutally honest, and I'm highly experienced" clearly is personal testimony, and does not help to improve one's credibility because it is only one anecdote so there is a large chance that it may be unreliable─as the article also explains.)

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your claim that you haven't collected your evidence in a casual or informal manner is your personal testimony. (The rest of the Wikipedia article also explains why the use of testing equipment alone does not make it formal, nor representative.)
Talk about stretching an article to the limit. What they are talking about scientifically is a study where results could vary based on factors beyond control. The testing of a devices electrical output on a par test is not questionable in this way. If you are suggesting that somehow only the wismec device was not accurately measured that is quite the stretch.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also read the part about "non-representative samples of typical cases" and "cognitive bias", as well as the part about "absence of documentation, leaving verification dependent on the credibility of the party presenting the evidence". (The claim of "I'm being brutally honest, and I'm highly experienced" clearly is personal testimony, and does not help to improve one's credibility because it is only one anecdote so there is a large chance that it may be unreliable─as the article also explains.)
You are just trying to find some way to be right. Of course his statements about the 510 on wismec devices is anecdotal. But that only covers the opinion side of this. The test results speak for themselves. You are surely showing that you are stuck in a fanboy craze over this.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
LoL still going I see ....being I can't see what's pinging back and forth now seems relevant to post this though

Trolls-3.gif

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
That literally makes no sense whatsoever. You are basically saying your experience with 1 chip and your anecdotal evidence somehow invalidates my experience with 20+ chips and results of my testing equipment lol. Its sad how you don't even realize how bad you are making yourself look all over the attachment of a 40 dollar device. Your worse then the apple vs android fanboys or the PlayStation vs Xbox fanboys goes vs Chevy fanboys etc.

Everyone who knows me knows I don't have any bias. I have apple and Android products, I have apple and Windows computers, I have a ps4 and Xbox one, and I have mods from every company. I like variety I don't fanboy any company

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Talk about stretching an article to the limit. What they are talking about scientifically is a study where results could vary based on factors beyond control. The testing of a devices electrical output on a par test is not questionable in this way. If you are suggesting that somehow only the wismec device was not accurately measured that is quite the stretch.
Especially when everyone knows I live finding cheap devices that perform well. I'm not a snob that thinks u need a 200 dollar mod. I've praised the battlestar as the best value in vaping. At under 40 bucks it works and is built great. I'd love to be able to recommend a wismec mod because their pricing is so good, sadly the quality and performance explain why the pricing is so good. Corner cutting.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Especially when everyone knows I live finding cheap devices that perform well. I'm not a snob that thinks u need a 200 dollar mod. I've praised the battlestar as the best value in vaping. At under 40 bucks it works and is built great. I'd love to be able to recommend a wismec mod because their pricing is so good, sadly the quality and performance explain why the pricing is so good. Corner cutting.

Wait, was that anecdotal? LMFAO

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Like I already tried to explain we don't even know if those numbers truly are representative to the way the power output's inconsistency between puffs affects the quality of the vape experience. Remember DJLsb said even though it is a bit of a shaky signal you don't feel that on the vape. How the shakiness has affected those numbers that you speak of has not been documented. The information is presented in such a way it is not falsifiable, and the presentation reveals several clues that indicate strong cognitive biases might be at play. There's also the possibility those numbers have been cherry-picked, or faked, or both. Your assertion that this is quite the stretch is yet another clear example of a personal testimony that is just one anecdote so there is a large chance that it may be unreliable.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Like I already tried to explain we don't even know if those numbers truly are representative to the way the power output's inconsistency between puffs affects the quality of the vape experience. Remember DJLsb said even though it is a bit of a shaky signal you don't feel that on the vape. How the shakiness has affected those numbers that you speak of has not been documented. The information is presented in such a way it is not falsifiable, and the presentation reveals several clues that indicate strong cognitive biases might be at play. There's also the possibility those numbers have been cherry-picked, or faked, or both. Your assertion that this is quite the stretch is yet another clear example of a personal testimony that is just one anecdote so there is a large chance that it may be unreliable.
So basically you are making a bunch of accusations against me which is nothing but BS cause I gave a fair review from a mod that is the only chip you own lol. Give it up man it's a joke. Didn't see Daniel's review but sounds like he is backing up my data so even more proof. He's just downplaying issues like he always does. He'll he even said the predator had a good 510 and had to make an apology video for it.

VU Sponsors