Become a Patron!

Best RDA For a Newb

DaMunchMan

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay I am looking to expand my horizons. I currently use and amigo driptide tank on an Amigo 2200 battery. I recently just got a Sigelei Fuchai 213 Mod and I am shopping around for an RDA to go on top of it. I am between the following which do you think would be best for a newbie:

Twisted Messes RDA

Druga 24MM

Goon 1.5 RDA

Dead Rabbit 24MM

Wotofo Troll V2 RDA

I really think I'm leaning towards the Dead Rabbit. It looks so beautiful.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Okay I am looking to expand my horizons. I currently use and amigo driptide tank on an Amigo 2200 battery. I recently just got a Sigelei Fuchai 213 Mod and I am shopping around for an RDA to go on top of it. I am between the following which do you think would be best for a newbie:

Twisted Messes RDA

Druga 24MM

Goon 1.5 RDA

Dead Rabbit 24MM

Wotofo Troll V2 RDA

Do yourself a favor and get a Digiflavor Drop. Out of those you have listed the Goon 1.5 would be the choice. The Dead Rabbit is horrible in my opinion.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do yourself a favor and get a Digiflavor Drop. Out of those you have listed the Goon 1.5 would be the choice. The Dead Rabbit is horrible in my opinion.
I would consider the original goon... What's wrong with the dead rabbit?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Twisted Messes RDA

Druga 24MM

Goon 1.5 RDA

Dead Rabbit 24MM

Wotofo Troll V2 RDA

All you listed are easy to build on, my vote is for the Druga. Great performer and I like it over the Goon. It also is very simple for Sleeper coils.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Twisted Messes RDA

Druga 24MM

Goon 1.5 RDA

Dead Rabbit 24MM

Wotofo Troll V2 RDA

You'll get a lot of different opinions about what OTHER people prefer. However, it's not about what other people prefer, it's more about, what YOU prefer. It would help to know, what kind of vape you prefer. Do you prefer MTL, or DL? Do you prefer flavor, or clouds. Single, or dual coils?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I own all of them excepting only the Twisted Messes, but I have tried and compared both the original Twisted Messes and the Twisted messes Squared (their flavor is excellent). Least favorite on this list for me is the Druga, as I expected better flavor. The 25mm Troll V2 was my first RDA. The flavor is downright excellent if using a big and powerful enough advanced coil build (I was using staple staggered fused claptons in it at 138 watts and higher...). Else, the flavor will be diluted. The Goon 1.5 is actually pretty similar in this regard, to some certain extent IMO, albeit it doesn't dilute the flavor as much if using somewhat smaller─or less power hungry─coils. The other main reasons why I think the Goon is fairly excellent are the clamp system as well as the single coil option. Main downside for me is the shallow juice well, but you can sculpt your wicks to have a thin carpet of cotton against the bottom of the deck, which does help a great deal. Another downside, the drip tip that comes with the Goon is holding back the flavor. With a Half Moon Mods acrylic drip tip on it, this issue is remedied, but these drip tips are quite expensive. As well as they are fucking awesome. The Dead Rabbit is another great example of an RDA that only performs well if you put in one of those beastly, angry coil builds. In that particular price range, it is my favorite RDA. Here's what I have in it right now:

dead rabbit ssfc.jpg dead rabbit.jpg

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I own all of them excepting only the Twisted Messes, but I have tried and compared both the original Twisted Messes and the Twisted messes Squared (their flavor is excellent). Least favorite on this list for me is the Druga, as I expected better flavor. The 25mm Troll V2 was my first RDA. The flavor is downright excellent if using a big and powerful enough advanced coil build (I was using staple staggered fused claptons in it at 138 watts and higher...). Else, the flavor will be diluted. The Goon 1.5 is actually pretty similar in this regard, to some certain extent IMO, albeit it doesn't dilute the flavor as much if using somewhat smaller─or less power hungry─coils. The other main reasons why I think the Goon is fairly excellent are the clamp system as well as the single coil option. Main downside for me is the shallow juice well, but you can sculpt your wicks to have a thin carpet of cotton against the bottom of the deck, which does help a great deal. Another downside, the drip tip that comes with the Goon is holding back the flavor. With a Half Moon Mods acrylic drip tip on it, this issue is remedied, but these drip tips are quite expensive. As well as they are fucking awesome. The Dead Rabbit is another great example of an RDA that only performs well if you put in one of those beastly, angry coil builds. In that particular price range, it is my favorite RDA. Here's what I have in it right now:

View attachment 99306 View attachment 99311
I have over 100 different RDAs! And the 30 mm Castor RDA is MY favorite. Guess what, I only used a simple dual (single wire, spreaded) coil, with a 0.3 Ohm resistance. I'm chucking clouds, and have the best flavor!

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have over 100 different RDAs! And the 30 ml Castor RDA is MY favorite. Guess what, I only used a simple dual (single wire, spreaded) coil, with a 0.3 Ohm resistance. I'm chucking clouds, and have the best flavor!
I have a few 30mm RDAs as well. But there's zero chance in hell I'll recommend a 30mm to someone who just wants to buy his/her first RDA. :D

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I have over 100 different RDAs! And the 30 ml Castor RDA is MY favorite. Guess what, I only used a simple dual (single wire, spreaded) coil, with a 0.3 Ohm resistance. I'm chucking clouds, and have the best flavor!
I've never seen a 30ml RDA. That must be huge to have an RDA hold 30ml.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I agree! However, as mentioned in my first reply, we need to know more about the OP's preferences, rather than forcing our own!
That's precisely why I'm not forcing my own. The OP has listed enough RDAs to be able to see a 30mm doesn't meet those preferences in any way... else I would have suggested the Buddha V4 and the 30mm Mason V2, and then I would have also mentioned the fact that simple round wire builds are a very far distance away from being my bucket of tea. :D

SADman

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Fairly new to using RDA's myself.

My first RDA was the Dead Rabbit. I found it easy to build on and absolutely loved the difference when switching from a RTA. I did find it easy to build on and get going with.

My second RDA was the Drop. I am enjoying this RDA much better! A little more of a challenge to build on, depending on the coils you like to use. Although I can tell I will be using this one more.

Both are great for dual coil or single coil and have BF capabilities.

Once you start getting into RDA's, you will find you want more, both in quantity and variety. After all, variety is the spice of life!

Cozymods

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, it depends, if you want the maximum flavor I'd go with Dead Rabbit (personally I'm a cloud chaser/tricker so i didn't really like it that much). The Druga airflow satisfied me for my needs, but for me it was a bitch to build on (not sure why) but it was. So if you want the best of both worlds clouds/flavor with a easy build deck, I'd go with the Bonza rda.. (Also the Dead Rabbit was my first RDA. Got it because i thought it looked cool as well, didn't really know anything at the time, i just wanted something that looked "cool".. :giggle:)

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Well, it depends, if you want the maximum flavor I'd go with Dead Rabbit (personally I'm a cloud chaser/tricker so i didn't really like it that much). The Druga airflow satisfied me for my needs, but for me it was a bitch to build on (not sure why) but it was. So if you want the best of both worlds clouds/flavor with a easy build deck, I'd go with the Bonza rda.. (Also the Dead Rabbit was my first RDA. Got it because i thought it looked cool as well, didn't really know anything at the time, i just wanted something that looked "cool".. :giggle:)

The Bonza has 3 strikes against it.
1) It's a ripoff of the OBS Cheetah 2 that is a better RDA.
2) Vaping Bogan. The guy is an asshole.
3) Vandy Vapes made the RDA

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Bonza has 3 strikes against it.
1) It's a ripoff of the OBS Cheetah 2 that is a better RDA.
2) Vaping Bogan. The guy is an asshole.
3) Vandy Vapes made the RDA
Saying it's a rip off of the Cheetah is like saying anything using the Velocity deck is a rip of of the Velocity which IMO really isn't that much of a stretch. He did improve on the Cheetah deck, that is the upper postholes are in the middle instead of the edge. That is a big improvement. As for Bogan being an asshole, he's my kind of an asshole and honest.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Saying it's a rip off of the Cheetah is like saying anything using the Velocity deck is a rip of of the Velocity which IMO really isn't that much of a stretch. He did improve on the Cheetah deck, that is the upper postholes are in the middle instead of the edge. That is a big improvement. As for Bogan being an asshole, he's my kind of an asshole and honest.

Birds of a feather flock together.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I gotta get more RDAs.

My first RDA was my Jaybo indestructible. Man, that was a complete bitch to build as a first RDA. I'll tell you, it tought me to build or try very hard to build immaculately.

My second was my mutation, and the post holes are the only thing I hate, that and the v2 or 3 is only 22mm, and has no space for really big builds. Builds my 22mm indestructible could handle, that could not. You can fit pretty big builds in the indestructible, and even today I use it the most. I don't have much, but I have a tsunami that I love but I don't like bottom airflow. I think side airflow is perfect.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I gotta get more RDAs.

My first RDA was my Jaybo indestructible. Man, that was a complete bitch to build as a first RDA. I'll tell you, it tought me to build or try very hard to build immaculately.

My second was my mutation, and the post holes are the only thing I hate, that and the v2 or 3 is only 22mm, and has no space for really big builds. Builds my 22mm indestructible could handle, that could not. You can fit pretty big builds in the indestructible, and even today I use it the most. I don't have much, but I have a tsunami that I love but I don't like bottom airflow. I think side airflow is perfect.

I seriously lost count of RDA's I have, let alone Mech's and RTA's .......... Yes I'm an addict ;)

Anyway the Indestructible was my 2nd RDA, the Mutation V4 was my first and the damn thing leaked like a sieve but it was my first. The Indestructible is perfect for the Noisy Cricket and I loved that combination for a good long while.

Anyway I really like bottom air for the flavor and if designed right leaking really isn't an issue. I'm not a big fan of the Tsunami, I know it is popular but IMO it is over hyped. My current favorites for =< 25mm are Reload and Fuel V2. Kennedy is awesome also and a few others but for me the Reload and Fuel V2 are the bees knees. With the design of the Reload and Kennedy leaking really isn't a problem unless you overdrip but the flavor is outstanding. The Fuel is side air but the air is angled to hit under the coils which is why the flavor is so good.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep, honesty tends to get you labeled an asshole ;)
Honesty alone just doesn't cut it for me. The information also has to be accurate and helpful, and, to be perfectly honest with you, the number of atomizers that you own is not exactly the kind of information I'd say falls in that category. ;)

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honesty alone just doesn't cut it for me. The information also has to be accurate and helpful, and, to be perfectly honest with you, the number of atomizers that you own is not exactly the kind of information I'd say falls in that category. ;)
True, information needs to be accurate and also wisdom with humility ;)

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

The indestructible is one of my favorites. I use it the most because it's so well rounded.

I'm not knocking on the Indestructible. I haven't tried the Indestructible so there's no reason for me to knock on it, and, in fact I'm a little bit of a fan of what JayBo does, much to the point of me having been accused of being a Wismec fanboy some time ago, exactly because I prefer to stick to just wisdom instead of wanting to be misled by some certain individuals' silly preconceptions regarding the true meaning of humility. So please just trust me. I'm with you on this! :)

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I'm not knocking on the Indestructible. I haven't tried the Indestructible so there's no reason for me to knock on it, and, in fact I'm a little bit of a fan of what JayBo does, much to the point of me having been accused of being a Wismec fanboy some time ago, exactly because I prefer to stick to just wisdom instead of wanting to be misled by some certain individuals' silly preconceptions regarding the true meaning of humility. So please just trust me. I'm with you on this! :)

I have to respectfully disagree with you. In my opinion anything that has Wismec on it has proven to be garbage.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have to respectfully disagree with you. In my opinion anything that has Wismec on it has proven to be garbage.
All I ever bought, and still own to date, by Wismec are an RX2/3 and 2× RX300. None of these 3 mods have proven to be garbage, but that is only my own personal experience so can't really speak for others besides the fact I'm well aware some certain individuals love to perpetually bash the brand as a whole, likely because they support one or more different brands in which they have a financial stake of sorts (free giveaways given to a reviewer's YouTube subscribers in exchange for spreading more online vitriol that lines up with this same reviewer's own video vitriol springs to mind here), and that have products that are in direct competition with one or more products by Wismec. For example, if one particular reviewer gave the RX300 a "do not buy this mod" verdict, whereas an entire dozen or so other reviewers disagreed with that particular verdict, then if this one particular reviewer who appeared to be way off base and who was confronted about that could only defend himself by making unsubstantiated claims one of which was a veritable conspiracy theory, surely an alarm bell or two (or three or four or five) should immediately start ringing. Now, I'm not stupid so I know there's still one small chance this one "reviewer" had it right of course, but like I said I'm not stupid so I also know he gave himself away by making numerous other claims every last one of which turned out to be hard evidence of the fact he was just a mud slinging phony who lacks any kind of technical background, as he was incapable to back up pretty much anything he kept claiming.

That plus the fact my 3 mods by Wismec have proven to be not garbage, plus the fact I have met numerous other people who were holding a Wismec product in their hand at the time when I met them and none of these people ever talked like you do. Instead, they talked about pros and cons, which they compared to pros and cons of other products just like any normal, and ultimately, respectful, person would. I can stand a few jokes, and I like making a few myself. But in my opinion anything that has trash talk coming out of its mouth, but not much more than that, has proven to be strong entertainment─but not much more than that. :)

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Damn I’m way behind the curve. My favorite rda is still my original troll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn I’m way behind the curve. My favorite rda is still my original troll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I still use mine on a weekly basis.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Troll V2 is probably the better beginner RDA. It has a very simple deck, is almost impossible to mess up the coil positioning, and has a huge juice well that's not as prone to leaking (and not attached to the top cap like the Dead Rabbit). The Troll also has lots of airflow options. Plus it's a little cheaper than the other options. It's honestly still a killer RDA.

The Dead Rabbit is better, but the coil positioning in that RDA is very important. If you get it wrong, it can seriously impact flavor. But if you think you can manage the coil positioning, then go for the Dead Rabbit. It does have slightly restricted airflow, but I think that's one reason it has better flavor than many other RDAs.

Don't get a Goon. It's a good RDA, but you don't want to spend $60 only to find out that you don't like RDAs/building//dripping...

I haven't used the Twisted Messes of the Druga, cannot honestly comment on those. But you picked some real winners in the Troll V2 and Dead Rabbit, so I'm confident recommending both.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The Troll V2 is probably the better beginner RDA. It has a very simple deck, is almost impossible to mess up the coil positioning, and has a huge juice well that's not as prone to leaking (and not attached to the top cap like the Dead Rabbit). The Troll also has lots of airflow options. Plus it's a little cheaper than the other options. It's honestly still a killer RDA.

The Dead Rabbit is better, but the coil positioning in that RDA is very important. If you get it wrong, it can seriously impact flavor. But if you think you can manage the coil positioning, then go for the Dead Rabbit. It does have slightly restricted airflow, but I think that's one reason it has better flavor than many other RDAs.

Don't get a Goon. It's a good RDA, but you don't want to spend $60 only to find out that you don't like RDAs/building//dripping...

I haven't used the Twisted Messes of the Druga, cannot honestly comment on those. But you picked some real winners in the Troll V2 and Dead Rabbit, so I'm confident recommending both.
Sound advice.

VU Sponsors