Become a Patron!

Best rda for flavor

AZ4running

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What is the best rda for flavor? I have a Patriot clone and it works great but not getting the flavor I want out of it.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I would second the tugboatv2 for the simple fact that down the road you can get an anarchist cap and make it behave more like a cloud chaser or a slamcap for even more flavor.. flawless has done a great job making it a versatile little thingy

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
RIP Trippers places the Paradigm Magma at the top of the list, so I bought two. The Infinite clone is the real 1:1 clone. Accept no substitutes!!

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I started with a Tobh V2 and love it but it doesnt compare to a Freakshow Mini or an Origen Genesis for flavor. Matter of fact, for me, nothing beats those 2. Genesis being 1st...but its more complicated then a Freakshow Mini...

GrayVaper

Drips in Public
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All I have right now are a Derringer V1.2, a Mutation X V3, and a Vertex V2 clone. All three are head to head in the flavor department from my stand point. I have a UD IGO W-7 that flat out sucks! I mothballed it because I felt that I was just wasting juice on it.

GrayVaper

Drips in Public
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
RIP Trippers places the Paradigm Magma at the top of the list, so I bought two. The Infinite clone is the real 1:1 clone. Accept no substitutes!!
I've been looking at that one and am going to pull the trigger soon. The Infinite Magma clone is supposedly so close to the authentic that more than one reviewer has almost gotten them confused because the craftsmanship and finish are so similar.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
One thing ill say about the magma is the draw is a little tight.
I used to really like it. It was my go to atty for months when I was first getting away from the kayfuns.
If you like a slightly tight draw you'll love it! Huge juice well, great flavor and fantasticly built.
If you like a looser draw I would say freak show or Kennedy competition.
All three have the airflow coming from under the coil the magma has more juice capacity than the other two. The freak show and Kennedy have significantly more airflow and much greater vape production though.
Also consider the mod you're using, the magma will be better with a lower powered mud say under 50w. The freak show can run a single coil and be great around 30w but to run it or the Kennedy in dual coil you'll want either a Mech or a 50wmod

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I traded my Derringer for a Kennedy, well see how the two compare. I didnt bother with the comp one, too much air for me.

GrayVaper

Drips in Public
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Mutation X V3 on my Cherry Bomber and the two seem like a good match. But the Mutation X also performs great on my Copper Panzer(clone) and looks great with the glass bell cap on it. So,...I'm either going to order another Mut. X or get something to dedicate to the Cherry Bomber.
I was sold on the Magma but I don't want a tight draw. A Freakshow is another option, just got one in copper but decided I don't like the look in copper. So I never bothered setting it up.

Last edited:

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right now I'm sucking on a clone HOBO. It's a low profile big cloud RDA and the flavor is decent.

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Dotmod Petri has my vote for flavor. I've been using it for almost 2 months and it's freakin' awesome. Next i would say the Derringer, but it's not a close second at all, not to me anyways

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I Have the derringer and the Kennedy competition.
Really can't compare the two they are so different.
The Kennedy is like a magma on steroids flavor wise and still puts out major clouds.
Both have a 24g/28g dual parallel build at 0.2ohms.

I love all my children equally but for different reasons.
As to flavor and vapor the Kennedy does win hands down. The derringer seems to shine more with fruit flavors.
One thing to remember though when you're looking at rdas. Is that the flavor and vapor is just as much build dependent as it is RDA dependent .
My clt3 is primarily intended to be a cloud machine, throw in the right build and the flavor on that is superb also.

Last edited:

AZ4running

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok so i was looking at the Freakshow but ended up getting the new Mutation X V4. We will see how it does. It has a large build deck and tons of air flow with adjustment.

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hellfire dripper!

The best RDA I've ever owned!

Here was mine on a Super T Titanium Simplicity.

20131116_105425.jpg

A slug build on my Hellfire

slug.jpg

If you can find a Hellfire Dripper, grab it!

Other than that one, I've had and liked the Immo and the Cyclone

AZ4running

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok loving the Mutation X V4. Got it all buikd with dual micro coil coming in at .4 ohms and jap cotton. Flavor is awesome even on thus basic build and chucks clouds with the best of them. Huge clouds and flavor. The sir draw is perfect for me with the top holes closed and the bottom hole full open. But you still get a great vap and huge clouds with the air wide open. Highly recommend this one for all vaping needs.

cutevape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Mutation X V4 really goes well,great flavor and the large vapor,like it indeed

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get the best flavor out of my Derringer and Marquis.

Who said Mutation X? Are you fan kidding me:D

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Let us know how the Kennedy works out.
Oh it works. It works beautiful. Immense clouds and flavor, and it doesnt heat up at higher wattages like the Derringer does.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Freakshow mini. Plume veil. Doge v2.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How's the Dark Horse on flavor?
The dark horse has a very large, square'ish chamber and most of its airflow options are pretty loose.
You need to use a serious build to squeeze the flavor out of it. It was disappointing at first, but Ive had good luck using 22 or 24ga dual coils, or a single fused clapton coil, at 2ohm or less on a mech, high watts on a regulated device.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hellfire dripper!

The best RDA I've ever owned!

Here was mine on a Super T Titanium Simplicity.

20131116_105425.jpg

A slug build on my Hellfire

slug.jpg

If you can find a Hellfire Dripper, grab it!

Other than that one, I've had and liked the Immo and the Cyclone
Those slug coils are so cool lookin. I have a day off, maybe Ill try that.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A pain to make but they last forever and the flavor is killer!
Do you wrap it bent, or bend it after you wrap it? Also, what gauge wire and how big around works best for you? I've never had much luck with stainless wicks, but I'm always trying new things

McGanksta

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
While waiting on my Swirlfish clone, I am thinking about getting a Marquis clone as well.

With the way the center crown is set up, I wonder how hard a vertical sleeper would be to build on it?

McG

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Do you wrap it bent, or bend it after you wrap it? Also, what gauge wire and how big around works best for you? I've never had much luck with stainless wicks, but I'm always trying new things
SS Mesh rolled diagonally. The reason for rolling it diagonally is so that it bends on it's own. If you get kinks then it's not rolled properly and it won't wick.

They are a PAIN to make but they do last forever once you get it nailed down.

Here is a video. He torched his after rolling but I always torch mine before rolling.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
SS Mesh rolled diagonally. The reason for rolling it diagonally is so that it bends on it's own. If you get kinks then it's not rolled properly and it won't wick.

They are a PAIN to make but they do last forever once you get it nailed down.

Here is a video. He torched his after rolling but I always torch mine before rolling.

Thanks man, this helps alot.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is good indeed,maybe you can have a try firstly,you will love it
I have one, Mutation X v2 and it does produce nice vapor, but everything else I own has better flavor.

Xhalin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I gotta throw a word for the HAZE... Flavor for days... Great little 4 hole RDA.

cutevape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

cutevape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would second the tugboatv2 for the simple fact that down the road you can get an anarchist cap and make it behave more like a cloud chaser or a slamcap for even more flavor.. flawless has done a great job making it a versatile little thingy

yeah I agree with you very much

Dasbo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you mind taking my opinion, you should buy a couple of clones, GOOD ones, not those cheapo weird ones.
Why? because flavor it's a matter of tastes, and we all have good tastes, we all have different preferences and even in this thread you can see how nobody never get d'accord in what's the best RDA for flavor, they all have a different favorite.
By now mines are:
Derringer, veritas and the marquis.

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you mind taking my opinion, you should buy a couple of clones, GOOD ones, not those cheapo weird ones.
Why? because flavor it's a matter of tastes, and we all have good tastes, we all have different preferences and even in this thread you can see how nobody never get d'accord in what's the best RDA for flavor, they all have a different favorite.
By now mines are:
Are the veritas and marquis mini rdas

McGanksta

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
By now mines are:

I am currently looking at a Marquis clone, but I need to wait and see if the Wife even likes dripping before I keep buying stuff!

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are the veritas and marquis mini rdas
The Derringer is tiny, the Veritas is normal sized and the Marquis is quite big.
Both Veritas and Marquis have special reduced chamber design which also makes them leak proof.
So all 3 have a small chamber (which is a good thing)

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Derringer is tiny, the Veritas is normal sized and the Marquis is quite big.
Both Veritas and Marquis have special reduced chamber design which also makes them leak proof.
So all 3 have a small chamber (which is a good thing)
Ooo I'm going to have to checkem out

VU Sponsors